#41 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,985 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:25 PM

Dreamed last night of working in some sort of old ass toxic factory with lots of train cars and tracks in it. There were a couple of ponds outside of it that were an odd murky green color and nothing lived in them or drank the water. There were train cars coming and going all the time and I would grab on and ride the moving trains here and there. There was a lot to this dream but I answered a post about smudging and now can't remember the details lol.

• Skywatcher likes this

#42 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,985 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

For the last few nights I have been visiting what I call the Shadow Lands. I equate this to the lower realms of the astral world. It is dimly lit, and the atmosphere is very thick and sometimes smells like burning phosphorous or matches. I wander aimlessly through this place and things come out of the gloom and into view. I sometimes come across people, and they always seem to be desperately trying to do something. I don't like this place and it seems to be toxic in the same way that the old factory I dreamed of last week is, and maybe that old factory is in the shadow lands. There was a huge garter snake that was impossible to keep it from biting me. It wasn't painful as real garter snakes don't really hurt when they bite, just that feeling of dread because I could not hold it correctly to keep it from turning it's head and biting me.

There always seems to be a sense of foreboding and dread in this place. Very rarely do I go there, so going there for a few nights in a row is a little alarming to me. I hope this is not a trend in my dream cycle. Tonight my wife comes home finally, so maybe these are anxiety dreams.

• Skywatcher likes this

#43 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:08 PM

I had a dream the other night about finding cubensis mushrooms growing out of the wooden molding behind my bed. I then found myself out in the back yard finding cubensis sprouting out all over in one corner. I realized that cubensis won't grow out of where it's growing from, then there was a dinosaur about the size of a large dog that came charging toward me. It bit me on my right wrist, but I then realized that this had to be a dream so I yelled at it loudly and shook it off; it didn't hurt and I chased the dinosaur away.

At another point in the same dream I was drying cubensis mushrooms in the oven and my mother was there, who hasn't lived here in well over a decade. I realized again that I was dreaming because of the divorce and damn it, if I want to dry cubensis mushrooms in the oven I can fucking do it so dream mom can fuck right off.

I find it odd that, more often than not, I tend to realize, within the dream, that I am in a dream. This seems to give me slight control over things. In dangerous or otherwise precarious dream situations I tend to take charge and feel capable rather than becoming afraid and panicking.

There was another dream where I was in a high school again. It seemed very real. Then there were several groups of kids that began to pick on me and try to fight me, then I realized this was probably a dream because this is also a recurring theme, and I out-wrestled and beat them all pretty badly. I then stopped showing up to my "classes" because I know I already dropped out then got my GED ages ago, and went around wrestling, picking up asshole kids and dropping them on the concrete. But, of course, I still couldn't find my way OUT of the school campus and the buildings were one crazy ass maze leading to even more crazy ass inescapable mazes. I kept exploring and not taking shit from asshole punk kids until I woke up.

Edited by niemandgeist, 19 June 2016 - 12:09 PM.

• Coopdog and happy4nic8r like this

#44 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,985 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

I believe that it is very empowering if you win those dream battles. I believe that to mean that you believe in yourself and that is very important.

• Skywatcher, niemandgeist and mjroom like this

#45 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

I believe that it is very empowering if you win those dream battles. I believe that to mean that you believe in yourself and that is very important.

I do take it as being a good thing. It doesn't always happen, but if things get a bit hairy I tend to rise up and take control over those situations. I barely remember a dream I had last year when I was in the midst of some sort of alien invasion. I played dead and then rounded up survivors to launch a counter attack with what little resources we had. I can't remember if we came out on top, but I definitely took charge.

I usually only tend to realize I'm dreaming if one of those old recurring dream themes pops up again.

#46 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,985 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

Dreamed a recurring theme last night. This dream scenario doesn't recur every night but comes up from time to time and involves a few different scenes with the same sort of theme. Last night I was in a spacious log home with multi levels below ground. The recurring theme is a huge sort of "whump" or distant explosion (I hear this sound 24-7 as I live near a large base in waking life)

When I look towards the source of the explosion I see instead of a big mushroom cloud, I see what looks like bubbles coming up from the earth in a fashion like aquarium bubbles flow up from an airstone on the horizon. I know that these are not bubbles however, but alien wraith like things and it is like they are exploding out of the earth and shooting towards the sky in an ever expanding cloud, sort of like an explosion of them.

Then we prepare...we close all the windows, and all of us grab our walking sticks or whatever you want to use to destroy them. They have odd and annoying qualities but are very fragile and easy to destroy. They are hard to see but they come like a wave of tiny ash particles falling down on us from above. They are fragile and light like Dandelion fluff and that is basically all you see. When they get on you, they give you a pinching sort of sensation that makes your skin crawl and they feed off of the discomfort and fear in your reaction. They can move quickly to get under your clothes and are hard to catch up to once they are on you.

In some instances they can take on the form of living things, and even people, but those forms are always corrupted somehow, and you can tell what they are by telltale signs, like odd facial expressions or odd movements. Like a cat that skulks around in an odd fashion or a person with odd red rimmed eyes or a haunted and false expression on their face and are easily dispatched. In the dream I would simply grab a part of them and pull them thru my other hand like a kid squeezing the dirt slime out of an earthworm or something and they just fizzle and disappear. (I learned that technique of dispatching bad entities during deep mushroom trips to the other world lol)

The fluffy ones you just go after with your stick or whatever and jab at them until they fizzle away. Every time there is that explosion noise, we have to clean house and get all of these things until we can relax again. In the dream last night one of them took the form of one of our companions sons and I told my brother we would have to dispatch him later as the parent would not believe that was not her son.

I did not realize this had been a recurring dream until this time, but this is at least the 3rd time this theme has come up of these bubble explosions and these wraith like things that we have to kill off after they fall down on us. The theme of the bubbles coming up into the air was the key to remembering the recurring theme.

Hey I told you I had weird dreams!

:) Peace....

Edited by Coopdog, 23 June 2016 - 01:39 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#47 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,059 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

I used to keep a dream journal. I now understand my dreams, sometimes I ask my self what does this mean while still asleep or coming into conscious, and its revealed to me. I often am aware of being asleep and dreaming on a conscious level.

I know if someone come into my room while I am asleep and if the speak to me , I can tell them what they said.

A US Army DR once was amazed , and said I was the only person he saw thar exhibited "pure somnambulism". Decades ago, I was in MK Ultra. Though asleep I was able to follow instructions
While asleep. They put my brain to sleep, Among other things they did to me.

When I think seriously of doing something dangerous, I dream of rattle snakes

I have been given books on dreams and found the of no value to me.

I believe only we can understand our dreams and that no therapist  or shrink can give use an answer.

We might be able to help each other though. I often think about what and what happened before I went to sleep that night.

Very interesting topic, wish I could contribute some useful.

Edit - I do believe dreams tell us things that are important to our lives

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 23 June 2016 - 02:22 PM.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#48 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,985 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:48 AM

I dream of rattlesnakes and other snakes fairly often. Having handled them when I was younger a few times I have a healthy respect for how strong they can be and how squirrely they can be even when you have a good grip on them so no surprise they come to me in my dreams as I had a few close calls. I was way into snakes growing up and grew up in snake country. I find it odd that now I live in a place with no venomous snakes and I am always a little skeptical of that as they are all over the place on the east side of those mountains. I would bet there is a few here too. My Lakota friend says that snake dreams represent renewal and change in your life. Those are two constants in my life as well so also no surprise.

Peace...

• Skywatcher and Heirloom Spores like this

#49 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,718 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:45 PM

I have been given books on dreams and found the of no value to me.

I believe only we can understand our dreams and that no therapist  or shrink can give use an answer.

We might be able to help each other though. I often think about what and what happened before I went to sleep that night.

Very interesting topic, wish I could contribute some useful.

Edit - I do believe dreams tell us things that are important to our lives

I am in complete agreement, that we are the most effective at analyzing our own dreams, and that someone else cannot do it for you, because you are the dreamer, and the only symbolism that matters is your own. 

I use a process of free association with the main symbolic elements of a dream to understand what it means or represents to me. I occasionally look at dream symbols, more to trigger my own symbology and meaning. Sometimes a majority of people will identify the same symbolic reference, but this is not assured. If it is correct for you, you know it. If it does not seem right, it isn't.

The ability to talk about and share dreams, is often itself the trigger that brings understanding. By simply examining  from another persons point of view, or looking at the symbology as you think others will percieve it, we can often get the separation from our own little blockages, and then have the "Aha Moment", when you realize the meaning and go to the clear understanding.

You have contributed something useful, everyone has.........

• Heirloom Spores likes this

#50 gatekeeper

gatekeeper

Smoke Drifter

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Donator

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:15 AM

Had an odd dream the other night, but then again I've been having some weird dreams lately. It might be the Calea I don't know. Thought yall might find it interesting.

Myself and older gentleman were in a small wooden boat in a large grey sea under a gray storm covered sky. Amidst the huge waves we came across a rocky island surrounded by gigantic stone pillars rising up out of the sea. It was known there was an evil giant who guarded these waters from the island so to get by we had to fight him off. We snuck onto the island bringing our boat up and climbing up some boulders and found the giant sleeping so we crept up next to his head and took out our spears. I whispered into the giants ear until he turned his head up in his sleep giving us a good shot. Standing on either side of his head myself and the old man plunged our spears into the ears of the giant in the hopes of reaching its brain. The giant immediately sprung up screaming. At nearly 100 foot tall myself and the old man had to dodge the giants steps as it crashed about the island so we wouldn’t be crushed. The old man remarked it was never easy business slaying a giant before I jumped off the island into the stormy sea. The giant stumbled after trying to kill us but was still clearly in death throws. I swam behind a pillar and one of its large hands, twice my size and purple in hue, crashed down on the pillar before the giant fell into the sea nearly on top of where the old man was swimming. I was swept under the water by the waves caused by his fall and I could see the island was a sheer drop off into the deep blue depths. As I watched the giant twist and turn under the water a huge sea serpent swam past me and clutched the giant in its jaws. I heard the giant say, “to think I, the sea king, killed by a lowly dragon” as he was carried off. The current from the passing serpent caused me to be swept outward into the deep and away from the island. I looked to my left and gargantuan whale, 10 times the size of the giant with a gaping maw ringed with teeth and beady black eyes was coming my way. I swam as fast as I could underwater and barely managed to evade it as it swam off toward the direction the serpent had gone until I could no longer see it. I swam back to the island and managed to climb back onto the rocks. There was more to the dream, something about hobbits, but I can’t remember.

Edited by gatekeeper, 13 July 2016 - 01:16 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and happy4nic8r like this

#51 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,985 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:49 AM

Damn man glad I am not the only one to have weird dreams lol! Epic story! Thanks for sharing it here!

#52 rainbowsmurf

rainbowsmurf

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:02 PM

I am comfortable with my life, my beliefs, my actuality. What is my reality? I'm not sure if I really know sometimes, other times, I most definitely don't know. My perceptions change all the time. Reality seems fluid. So if by 'reality' I mean reliably tangible objects and immutable (unchanging over time or unable to be changed) events, then there is no such thing. 

I now feel like the screwball I am :biggrin: , but my understanding of my statement is that reality is perspective and a persons expectations. A bit like one picture hidden inside another. 

Revelation for me is like a bloody great tidal wave about to crash and then  .... pouffe... it just disappears.

Sometimes without bringing any understanding. Sometimes, enlightenment only comes when it is not sought or welcomed which is most of the time. 

My ex used to say 'who are you?'  I used to say 'I am simply me'.  Who is any of us?

#53 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,426 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:29 PM

Ever since I started taking the miracle dream drug "mirapex" I have so many dreams, all of them epic in proportion, and some of them are scary and wake me up.

I love to dream, always have, but now that I have to take a drug to sleep comfortably, it is almost not restful but exhausting. I am fine with that, I don't need to sleep to rest, I may have to in the future if I go back to working, (see likely future).

I love to hear about others dreaming and have actually heard like dreams on this site from people who have described theirs, especially water dreams, (water sign), and can easily relate.

Keep this going, I get a rush from others dreamstate as if it were my own.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, gatekeeper and 1 other like this

#54 rainbowsmurf

rainbowsmurf

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

I rarely sleep more than a couple of hours a night and when I do, i dream. They are so vivid that I can remember and write them down. I often look back on some of the dream notebooks and think they would be fabulous animated, weird but fabulous. 

I think this thread is brilliant, I love to read about what others dream about. I may even be tempted to put my own up sometime. 

#55 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,426 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

'do it or it never happened. we are humans doing, not humans being'

happy4nic8r2016

• Coopdog and rainbowsmurf like this

#56 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,148 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:04 PM

I wonder when we are in dreamland if this world seems like the dream? And then who's to say which one is "real"? Or if either is....
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher, gatekeeper and 1 other like this

#57 gatekeeper

gatekeeper

Smoke Drifter

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Donator

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:30 PM

I thought this you all would find this interesting. Its about projecting images into others dreams, dream telepathy if you will. Here's a quote from the article about the experiment:

"In the mid 1960’s, Montague Ullman, MD, began a number of experiments at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York to test the hypothesis that people could be primed to dream about randomly selected material. In other words, they could choose what they wanted to dream about before going to sleep, and this could include anything, from artwork to movies to photographs and more. Shortly after these experiments began, Ullman was joined by Stanley Krippner (quoted above), who has a very impressive background in the scientific study of dreams, psychology, and parapsychology.

The experiments they conducted lasted a span of more than 10 years, and “yielded statistically significant results.”

During the experiments, there was usually a “telepathic sender” and a “telepathic receiver.” They met in the laboratory for a short period of time before being placed in completely separate rooms just before going to sleep. The telepathic sender had an envelope waiting for them in the room in which they’d sleep. It would contain something like a picture or a drawing. The receivers were then purposely awakened shortly after Rapid Eye Movement sleep (REM) began so the researchers could take a dream report."

Link to the online article:

http://www.collectiv...between-people/

On an unrelated note I had a dream this morning that I was making coffee in the back of a medieval cathedral when suddenly a huge dragon burst through the wall with the face of Nicolas Cage and started spewing fire everywhere. really strange shit.

Edited by gatekeeper, 03 August 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#58 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,985 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:17 PM

Steampunkscientist, I often wonder if dreams are just us switching our perceptions to an alternate reality where we are empowered to do miraculous things, and I truly believe we may be empowered right here in this one as well and are just to programmed to believe we are empowered in that way. Very interesting stuff I have had some crazy dreams lately but they have not been cognizant enough to hang on to for long after I wake up. I usually only attempt to write them down in here when they are as real as life and a lot of mine are just that.

Peace...

• Skywatcher, SteampunkScientist and rainbowsmurf like this

#59 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,148 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:37 PM

Coop, like your thoughts on this. I believe that there are some pretty awesome "powers" at our disposal if we can focus our intention. I have been doing a number of experiments in this area with some pretty freaky results.

We know from quantum physics that we collapse the wavefunction of "reality" so that it takes one of an almost infinite set of possibilities. We surmise that all the other possibilities vector off into other multi-worlds so that all possible reality experiences exist along side us.

Most of the time we drive blindly through our reality tunnel in a seemingly Radom way, but we can "take the wheel" as it were...

This taking the wheel is what we might call doing "Magick". Making our reality obey our desire and design instead of just being a passive observer.

I have been able to do this in my own life with some surprising results. the sacraments we discuss on this site offer us a much wider view into these worlds, allowing us to "jump" across some worlds others.

As an example of this: I purposely placed a coffee cup on a table. I then "jumped" to a reality where the cup remained in the cupboard. I came back later that day to find the cup in the cupboard, but still had the memory of placing it on the table... but then I seemed to have a memory of not placing it on the table side by side with my original memory. This new memory started to overwhelm the first one which began to fade. I quickly wrote this experience down, including both memories.

So the question"did I put the cup on the table or leave it in the cupboard?" has a single answer: yes.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 04 August 2016 - 09:47 PM.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#60 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,059 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

I believe we all have awesome powers available.

I dreamed this morning of a fantastic new grow light system. The unit was small but very powerful it used two different technologies
The top was a Tesla high frequency sealed lamp the side lights were super COBs  aka LEDs.

I talked with my mom  ( who died 13 years ago ) and my brother. My mom wanted me to use this new system , I went into a room and on the table my brother had the new lighting system. I examined it and wanted to give it a go.

This system was like the sun indoors using very little power  like 40 watts . A futuristic lighting system.

I wish I could tell more to make such a system but it was only a dream.

I tried to give my self suggestions before going to bed to improve my life and find solution to problems I am facing.
This is not the dream I expected to have.

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!