231 replies to this topic

#221 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 331 posts

Donator

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:10 AM

When someone asks me what I do I can tell them I volunteer at the Mycotopia Foundation.

oh, I'm sooo using that one!  :biggrin:

this IS OLD i know~BUT i never ever found out what happened to Heirloom & ALL i can think of IS WHOM to ask?

IT seems like you have had some "unwanted" issues yourself~from what i can piece together~?~i WON'T BE NOSY and "investigate"

AND i hope you have not STOPPED talking to me cuz i didn't give in to what i feel-is a someone into POWER~as i just can't fake "LIKING someone i don't" OR being judged for some reason. i am not sure at all what THAT is about…NOT THE PURPOSE of this reply /post whatever~

So I HOPE you are alright? YOU may not be here due to some part of your life THAT is deeply complicated~i understand. 

I really KNOW the answer to Heirloom's where-about by his lack of "presence" AND i will always be saddened when i think about him~

YET i will also always "feel special" BECAUSE i did consider him not only as a dear friend~

BUT was someone SO IMPORTANT to this COMMUNITY+ so IMPORTANT~we all are~in our own special ways~

Be well~i will pray for you~it's best IF i don't know what for~as Praying for one detail is not ENUF~

PRAYING for your wholeness is (i think) more important. AND i do know You will be okay~but i still will pray for you..

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 August 2019 - 11:04 AM.
Removed reply from Wharfrat's Quote box

#222 WEATHERD

WEATHERD

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:55 AM

Well said

#223 notfade

notfade

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:42 PM

This is beautiful - great stuff.  :wub:

Something we have been working on for some time is a way to properly articulate the commitment we have for all of you. As curators of one man's legacy we are bound to serve it to the best of our abilities, and to demonstrate through our actions the ways in which we care and show compassion for other human beings. 

We decided to set out on a journey into the deepest depths of history of our community, to writings and teachings of Hippie3 that pre-date Mycotopia, and to find a set of guiding principals that we collectively felt resonated with everything this place has stood for over the years. Our take on the Hippie3-isms that helped create and define what Mycotopia means.

Every staff member, new and old, has and must agree to this Declaration of Contribution. It's a simple matter of putting into the world what we want to get out of it. We are here to serve the community, to serve you, and to ensure the continuation of an idea to spread knowledge and peace to all.

We invite you to join us on this journey of discovery and pledge to do your best to move the community forward in a positive direction. To be contributors to our legacy. To promote knowledge and compassion to all.

Please feel free to comment and let us know what you think. Everything is fluid as we actively create our future.

~namaste

:meditate:

So how do we want the world to look?

Declaration of Contribution

I will make good things happen for other people

For those here now and those who come after us

I will be resourceful and responsible

Love People

I Will Contribute

Be a part of the solution. Do your work the way you wish everyone else would do their work for you.

I Will Be Kind

Have concern and respect for others. To be on the receiving end of kindness is refreshing.

I Will Be Patient

Give others the time you'd like to be given. 

I Will Be Honest

Have truthful conversations.

I Will Encourage People

Give confidence and support freely.

I Will Apologize & Forgive

Say you're sorry & accept I'm sorry.

I Will Thank People

Enjoy the work of others, show your gratitude.

Remember

Excuses Distract

Embrace your challenges. Instead of dwelling on the difficulties to accomplish something, give your energy and attention to what needs to be done. Stay with how you can ... rather than indulging in why you can't.

Drama Drains

Choose truth. Hold back on adding unnecessary emotion to a situation. Avoid exaggerating the positive or negative of anything or anyone. Be thoughtful, optimistic, and encouraging.

Complaints Bore

Create solutions. Shake off useless thoughts and statements of entitlement and resignation. Need to vent? Do it privately. Be results-focused. Inspire personal responsibility.

Demonstrate Leadership

I will care about the people I work with

I will involve them the way I'd like to be involved

I will treat them the way I'd like to be treated

• Zen_ likes this

#224 Vadar

Vadar

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:37 AM

Hello, I am new, and just want to tell you all, how inspirational you all are to me, so I will just listen and learn from you all,thank you mycotopia, and bless you all.

• Zen_ and Myc like this

#225 Vadar

Vadar

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:05 PM

I will be focused, to learn and inspire personal responsibility.

• Zen_ likes this

#226 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,792 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

Welcome to Mycotopia! Glad you've joined us.

• Zen_ likes this

#227 thearsid

thearsid

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

I’m a new cultivator from the far east, and also new to this site. I’ve read many posts by Hippie3. It seems to me that there could be no more post from him, sad...

I’m not doing this for money. I like to experiment. I would love to share anything I learn with people here.
  • Zen_ likes this

#228 Redriver

Redriver

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

The Delaration is good, I sum it up as do into others as you would have them do into you, simple words to live by for me.
  • Zen_ likes this

#229 Think4urself1

Think4urself1

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:55 PM

This is one of the biggest reasons I've always loved the topia and new I'd be back one day when the time was right. Thank you again for still being here and standing for the same values hip set forth all those years ago.

#230 Sickpuppytoo

Sickpuppytoo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:30 AM

I am a newcomer to the site but upon a brief inspection of posts realized this was probably going to be my new home...very excited to become involved in discussions and learning...I am interested in medicinal and entheogenic plants and extracts. Background...chemist, biologist, former truckdriver, 2 decades in pharmaceuticals (where I learned aseptic techniques), and currently have a printing business of sorts. I could kick myself for not grabbing the numerous functional laminar flow hoods I have seen tossed by pharmaceutical companies over the years.....aaaarrrrgggghhhh....
My recent mycological interest was aroused by several videos about microdosing...personally I see little value in abusing plant compounds for recreational purposes (I am in my mid 60s) except very occasionally, but the therapeutic properties intrigue me. Getting to that age where degeneration of the body is a real concern, and given my decades relationships with Big Pharma making the poisons that are killing people today—I have had a sorta renaissance of natural ways to restoring health...
Ok, enough of an introduction...Peace...

#231 Sickpuppytoo

Sickpuppytoo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:14 AM

Just discovered the “other plants” section in particular a Green Dragon recipe...I have a method that seems suitable, least I love it, where I take a more hands off approach. I have pretty good consistency and medicinally I can dose with certainty of the effects. I use quart mason jars and Everclear alcohol. Without any crushing or cleaning or cutting I simply put an ounce of Plant matter in the jars, and moderately tighten the lids...decarboxylation happens in the jars (small portable convection oven in the garage) at 300F for about an hour with cool down to room temp afterwards. The lids will vacuum seal but can easily be opened. I put a whole quart of Everclear into the jar and replace the lid and shake. I leave the vegetative matter in the jar permanently...the “dragon” continues to extract the terpenes. I have jars that are over 3 years old and are my “vintage” or “select” elixirs. As the writer in a previous post on this forum wrote, dosing in milliliter quantities is consistent. For me, this has proven to me to be very very cost effective with normally 300 to 750 does per jar. Some have commented that the taste is a bit overboard but I personally find the terpenes quite nice and like fine scotch one can actually develop a taste for certain strains. Just my observation and opinion.

#232 Attestuped

Attestuped

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:00 AM

It's so nice to have a place like this for learning and community, that doesnt get all bogged down in the internet bs. Thanks for the work you guys do!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!