Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

The Mycotopia Foundation - Declaration of Contribution

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#41 meyer

meyer

Its better to burn out, than fade away...

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

I just came across this thread as I am catching up on all my projects and now starting to look at other threads as you can always learn, sometimes more when you start to see through the eyes of others.

I am definitely in, great idea team, and specifically to you Zen for posting this thread. I would like to leave every interaction with all parties feeling better about themselves and their day, if possible.

As with a part of our group here, this is my first online community I have been a part of, I echo the statements and sentiments of several members mentioned above, Lakegal mentions finding actual friends on this site and it could not be more true. This is one of the most selfless groups of people I have ever come across and have never been supported like this in my real world occupation, but knowing what I do, I am not too surprise... I was however, very surprised to see how much community means here and I love being a part of it. I stepped away for a few months as I continued my job search and my wife thought I was spending too much time here... after my leave of absence, I realized I needed this group to help keep my mind busy, you know what they say about idol hands and minds... she now understands this helps me to have a creative outlook and to keep me interested in other things on a daily basis, very healthy for the mind, especially for someone who is just entering long-term unemployment... I have since decided to my denstiny into my hands and instead of looking for a new job every few years, I have decided to start my own company and be responsible for how much time I want to spend working and how much money I NEED to live vs. how much money I thought I needed... long story short, these ideas and principles are something that I may incorporate into my company handbook, although it will only be a company of 1 to start.

Keep spreading the love, truth and spores and lets all take the extra time to make someone's day better than worse, it doesn't take much to be positive and it goes a long ways for the people you interact with.

• Zen_, coorsmikey, CuttlePhysh and 7 others like this

#42 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,741 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

You said it Meyer, I'd give that post multiple likes if I could.
  • Lakegal7, Amanita Versicula and meyer like this

#43 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,933 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:32 PM

post-147940-0-84420800-1469669556.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• errorLikes.JPG

Edited by catattack, 27 July 2016 - 08:33 PM.

• Lakegal7 and Amanita Versicula like this

#44 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:05 AM

@catattck, you're too positive. :)  j/k

Thanks for the kind words meyer. This project is definitely an uphill struggle, but it's worth it if only for comments like these; and the many others that return to us affirmation of a job well done. Thanks again, and thanks for being part of this experience. 

Good luck with your business building as that struggle is also worth it. :)

• CatsAndBats, SteampunkScientist, Amanita Versicula and 1 other like this

#45 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 165 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:20 PM

Had NO PREVIOUS  knowledge of this Administrative "VOWS" and "COMMITMENT" but have experienced "IT" here so abundantly~

Feel "GENUINE" CARING & CONCERN as the responses/welcomes/pleas for assistance SEEM TO NEVER GO "UNNOTICED"

with THE HELPING HANDS OF SO MANY+

i surely AM not telling anyone WHAT TO DO~i just think if NEW COMERS are finding the assistance & dedication of others' here~

IT would be nice for DONATIONS~as it is about the same AMOUNT OF $ as buying one BOOK on anything you need HELP with

& SO MUCH MORE INFO & PERSONAL GUIDANCE~though i understand many of us do not have BUCKS~

BUT "WE" have them for DRUGS?       DON'T WE?          IF YOU ARE HONEST W/YOURSELF

just my 2¢ and again~do NOT want to make anyone FEEL BADLY~

as THAT isn't who i am~and try to be as conscientious as i can in other folks/members FEELINGS~

BUT it does COST money to keep this SITE up and running~and time consuming for some+ i don't know the details or need to know~

just SAYING IF YOU CAN GIVE~DO SO~and show your appreciation this way~ TO KEEP THIS SITE'S INTEGRITY & COMPASSION & REAL ~

AND NOT NAMING NAMES BUT NOT THE "SNOOTY ATTITUDE" AT ANOTHER SITE~where i never found anyone OR any information w/o feeling like

there was condescending "ATTITUDES" for the "beginner" and definitely NO HELPING HANDS~or at least IT wasn't for me+

☀⭐✨So thanks again to ALL who "work" so hard & ADMIN~YOU ALL'S DEDICATION SPARKLES~✨✨⭐☀

EVERYONE ~NOT JUST ADMIN~

YOU ARE ALL STARS IN MY SKY~PeAcE only~  /{*;*}\y       TRULY HOW I FEEL~                

(NOT BULLSHITTING either)  OR BLOWINGsmoke UP ~well yaz know~

"be SAFE & BE GRATEFUL" as we/you have support~thanks sincerely~

• Sidestreet, SteampunkScientist, Lakegal7 and 1 other like this

#46 dmt_billygoat

dmt_billygoat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

This is very heart-warming message.

I agree with the rules because they are so peaceful & its hard to kill, whether it be dreams, emotions, mental stability or inspiration.

I'm so proud to have reunited with Mycotopia in which my laptop broke so now I'm using a crud windows surface pad thing. Aleichem Shalom to all (p.s: I'm anti-Zionist) and proud (:

• Lakegal7 likes this

#47 555

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

Something we have been working on for some time is a way to properly articulate the commitment we have for all of you. As curators of one man's legacy we are bound to serve it to the best of our abilities, and to demonstrate through our actions the ways in which we care and show compassion for other human beings. 

We decided to set out on a journey into the deepest depths of history of our community, to writings and teachings of Hippie3 that pre-date Mycotopia, and to find a set of guiding principals that we collectively felt resonated with everything this place has stood for over the years. Our take on the Hippie3-isms that helped create and define what Mycotopia means.

Every staff member, new and old, has and must agree to this Declaration of Contribution. It's a simple matter of putting into the world what we want to get out of it. We are here to serve the community, to serve you, and to ensure the continuation of an idea to spread knowledge and peace to all.

We invite you to join us on this journey of discovery and pledge to do your best to move the community forward in a positive direction. To be contributors to our legacy. To promote knowledge and compassion to all.

Please feel free to comment and let us know what you think. Everything is fluid as we actively create our future.

~namaste

:meditate:

So how do we want the world to look?

Declaration of Contribution

I will make good things happen for other people

For those here now and those who come after us

I will be resourceful and responsible

Love People

I Will Contribute

Be a part of the solution. Do your work the way you wish everyone else would do their work for you.

I Will Be Kind

Have concern and respect for others. To be on the receiving end of kindness is refreshing.

I Will Be Patient

Give others the time you'd like to be given. 

I Will Be Honest

Have truthful conversations.

I Will Encourage People

Give confidence and support freely.

I Will Apologize & Forgive

Say you're sorry & accept I'm sorry.

I Will Thank People

Enjoy the work of others, show your gratitude.

Remember

Excuses Distract

Embrace your challenges. Instead of dwelling on the difficulties to accomplish something, give your energy and attention to what needs to be done. Stay with how you can ... rather than indulging in why you can't.

Drama Drains

Choose truth. Hold back on adding unnecessary emotion to a situation. Avoid exaggerating the positive or negative of anything or anyone. Be thoughtful, optimistic, and encouraging.

Complaints Bore

Create solutions. Shake off useless thoughts and statements of entitlement and resignation. Need to vent? Do it privately. Be results-focused. Inspire personal responsibility.

Demonstrate Leadership

I will care about the people I work with

I will involve them the way I'd like to be involved

I will treat them the way I'd like to be treated

This IS the way, the only way....

• Lakegal7 likes this

#48 CuttlePhysh

CuttlePhysh

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:58 PM

Although I'm relatively, kinda' new here (again lol), I have always found this site, & the people here, to be uplifting. A wonderful place, not just of learning & sharing of ideas but a place to kickback relax & just enjoy watching the ebb & flow of human minds engaged in the powerful motion of communication. Whether it's a light conversation about what someone had for a healthy lunch, a heated debate on the scope of inalienable rights of both human as well as the rest of the animal kingdom, or a deep dissection on the physics of how entrenched the human psyche itself is embedded within the matrix of quantum reality, people here are always sharing, open, & attempt to embody those tenets and sentiments set forth at the beginning of this thread.

I, for one, am glad to see them in print & considered as a work in progress, & while I never seem to have the time I'd prefer to have to spend online, I find myself driven to embrace those same commitments not just here but in daily life as well... thanks for giving me an online like-minded family where it's easy to be what one endeavors to be everywhere, but without the resistance kindness & honesty today seems to encounter.

Well done... It's refreshing to say the least & I'd like to think I'm part of the nexus of such a group & will promise to do what I can to help.

Edited by CuttlePhysh, 02 September 2016 - 04:55 PM.

• Zen_, Sidestreet, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#49 CuttlePhysh

CuttlePhysh

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

*2 thumbs up*

Well said meyer!

#50 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,609 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

but without the resistance kindness & honesty today seems to encounter.

I hear that!  Hard to smile a lot without catching suspicion.  Luckily it seems to dissipate as people really get to know me.  I hope it is the same for you.

• CuttlePhysh likes this

#51 CuttlePhysh

CuttlePhysh

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:35 PM

but without the resistance kindness & honesty today seems to encounter.

I hear that!  Hard to smile a lot without catching suspicion.  Luckily it seems to dissipate as people really get to know me.  I hope it is the same for you.

Indeed it does, although it seems to pain people to lighten up lol :)

Edited by CuttlePhysh, 03 September 2016 - 05:35 PM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#52 snake

snake

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Mycotopia,

Long a lurker and now a new member. This site seem a breath of fresh air, with knowledgeable and helpful members.Look forward to a great exchange of ideas

• Zen_ likes this

#53 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,339 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:30 PM

Thanks Mycotopia,

Long a lurker and now a new member. This site seem a breath of fresh air, with knowledgeable and helpful members.Look forward to a great exchange of ideas

welcome to topia  :biggrin:

• Zen_ likes this

#54 snake

snake

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

thanks Wharfrat,

this site is one of my faves now. I have started growing again and I must say the data and different techs out there have amazed me. Along way from PF,s site in the 90,s. 

• wharfrat likes this

#55 atians

atians

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:25 AM

I have to admit that I am very impressed with the Declaration and find it agreeable.  I have spent time 'lurking' and enjoying the content and wealth of information.  Still a ton to learn about the site.

For instance, I'm very interested in the mycorrhizal fungi that form a growth web in our soil and aid plant growth.

I'm also interested in morels and the plants that support their growth.  I'm well aware of ash and apple, but other 'A's' are asparagus and artichoke (as in Jerusalem Artichoke, although this is a misnomer).  And I'm relatively sure there are plants not starting with an A that are linked to morel growth. :wink:

I'd certainly appreciate help in the ways to find this info here (or a link or two).

Blessings

P.S. Here's to making "There's a fungus, among us", the positive saying that it truly is.

#56 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,571 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

Welcome Atians!

#57 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 315 posts

Donator

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:18 AM

Just the best people on the best site

Pure quality

#58 treign

treign

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

as i read this topic, i see most of the people who have helped me in my hobby. 

which has help me with patience. which i had zero  when creating my profile here.

as it went my signature was a rude comment about someone sitting at a green

light on the phone. and the voice they hear is me screaming at my windshield.

i had to remove it after feeling like a dick when coorsmikey  said it was him.

and  made me think that it may be more important than me getting home to

sit on my ass. this is a good place to grow more than you know. 

#59 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,571 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:13 AM

as i read this topic, i see most of the people who have helped me in my hobby. 
which has help me with patience. which i had zero  when creating my profile here.
as it went my signature was a rude comment about someone sitting at a green
light on the phone. and the voice they hear is me screaming at my windshield.
i had to remove it after feeling like a dick when coorsmikey  said it was him.
and  made me think that it may be more important than me getting home to
sit on my ass. this is a good place to grow more than you know.

lol I don't remember saying that now, but I have improved my driving habits too. I use my Bluetooth much more often and try to avoid chat while driving. I also have picked up qualities from others here and continue gain wisdom through many of the members. Thanks for the shout out Treign!

#60 treign

treign

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

somethings i have learned rebelling against everything  my parents tried to teach me, at the end of belt.

both of which are a waste of energy and the punishment dont work . so  i adopted the road 

Don't tell someone they can't do something. Instead explain to them why they shouldn't. 

may fit in somewhere 

• coorsmikey and Juthro like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!