Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:26 PM

Totally dig the Declaration....thanks for posting

#62 Mossyfeet

Mossyfeet

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

Great words of wisdom. Thank you. New to Mycotopia and message boards in general, but not to my fungal friends. I am looking forward to figuring out how this works and learning as much as possible. I have been mushroom hunting for thirty years or so and have dabbled in propagation, but it is time to get serious.
  • Sidestreet and sillyrabbitcubiesR4us like this

#63 PapaOomMowMow

PapaOomMowMow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

How come only adults get (great) advice and examples like this? I wish I'd had teachers in school that taught this way.

To whomever it was that put this treatise together, I can only say, "Thank you."

• catattack likes this

#64 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

wanderess

• 518 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:08 AM

Great words of wisdom. Thank you. New to Mycotopia and message boards in general, but not to my fungal friends. I am looking forward to figuring out how this works and learning as much as possible. I have been mushroom hunting for thirty years or so and have dabbled in propagation, but it is time to get serious.

Welcome to topia! Feel free to introduce yourself in the "welcome mat" forum, you'll get to know a good bit of people by doing that. Plus, it gives us all a chance to welcome you.

There are two ways to do it -

post in the huge thread called "New member? Introduce yourself." 

or start your own topic in the forum itself.

So you're only a couple of posts away from being able to post in any forum available to free members as well as change your avatar. Again, welcome!

#65 catattack

catattack

Mountain Gringo Hairball ™

• OG VIP
  • 5,998 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

How come only adults get (great) advice and examples like this? I wish I'd had teachers in school that taught this way.

To whomever it was that put this treatise together, I can only say, "Thank you."

2nd best profile name EVER!

#66 salviamycelium

salviamycelium

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:12 AM

I am now glad I've signed up. I loved that  :wub:

• wharfrat and sillyrabbitcubiesR4us like this

#67 PapaOomMowMow

PapaOomMowMow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:47 AM

I think this Declaration of Contribution could be used in everyone's daily life. Bravo!

I've been reading pages here and I use some additional tools for searching.

I find that sometimes, using the Search box at the top of the page gives me what I want, and sometimes it doesn't. Or, I'll follow a link in an old posting and get a "page not found" error.

Next stop is Google. Enter my search terms, put quotes around anything that must match exactly, and restrict the results to this domain. So my search query looks like this:

grain brf "colonizing a quart jar in 3 days" site:mycotopia.net

I can also restrict Google's results to a specific date range by clicking the Tools and Any Time buttons at the top of the results list.

If I still can't get the page I want, I go to the Wayback Machine. The actual site is archive.org/web but that's too hard to remember -- just Google wayback machine and you'll get right to it. Remember Sherman and Mr. Peabody in the Wayback Machine? No? Never mind.

Unfortunately, some of Mycotopia's old pages weren't saved in the Wayback Machine, due to a feature that prevents them from copying websites (robots.txt), presumably to maintain privacy. Try searching for http://mycotopia.net then using the date scroll at the top-right, then following links. It's fun to see the old pages with the Mad Hatter and other colorful graphics. Sometimes photos are missing.

When I find the page I want, I can save a complete copy to my local hard drive for easy retrieval later. Press the keyboard combination CTRL-S (Save) and choose a folder (Mac's have a similar feature). Later, just double-click the filename in Windows Explorer. Any links will point to the actual web pages.

If I wish to make my PC "forget" everything I did while surfing, I use the Incognito (Chrome, CTRL-Shift-N) or InPrivate Browsing (Internet Explorer, CTRL+Shift+P) feature and close my browser. This will keep ordinary snoops out of your browsing history (CTRL-H).

• Sidestreet, Hash_Man and SteampunkScientist like this

#68 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

Wow this all seems much more professional and giving than another site I "used".
  • coorsmikey and catattack like this

#69 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,654 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

All sites in the OMC are similar but different and fit in their own personality corner in the OMC house. It takes all personalities to make it flow and many find home in more then one.

I am glad our personality is fitting to your style and you decided to join.

2017 is gonna rock!
  • coorsmikey, AGAMA and SteampunkScientist like this

#70 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,010 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

Papa, that is some great search info there! That ought to be pinned somewhere on the site.

#71 Arathu

Arathu

Woodlover

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

All sites in the OMC are similar but different and fit in their own personality corner in the OMC house. It takes all personalities to make it flow and many find home in more then one.

I am glad our personality is fitting to your style and you decided to join.

2017 is gonna rock!

Yes indeed there is diversity in all of the natural world, we are absolutely part of, for damned good reasons. It would be boring as hell if not such. I too am glad to be here and this declaration is excellent............I fully concur :thumbs_up:

• PsyBearknot and AGAMA like this

#72 HopZ

HopZ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

I am eating @least 3gms of shrooms in honor of the communal woodlovers  love fest. I got a week alone so I might as well
spend it doing something useful. 

Mycotopia is a psychedelic research site overflowing with love

Awesome

Edited by HopZ, 10 January 2017 - 06:20 PM.

#73 HopZ

HopZ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

Something we have been working on for some time is a way to properly articulate the commitment we have for all of you. As curators of one man's legacy we are bound to serve it to the best of our abilities, and to demonstrate through our actions the ways in which we care and show compassion for other human beings. 

We decided to set out on a journey into the deepest depths of history of our community, to writings and teachings of Hippie3 that pre-date Mycotopia, and to find a set of guiding principals that we collectively felt resonated with everything this place has stood for over the years. Our take on the Hippie3-isms that helped create and define what Mycotopia means.

Every staff member, new and old, has and must agree to this Declaration of Contribution. It's a simple matter of putting into the world what we want to get out of it. We are here to serve the community, to serve you, and to ensure the continuation of an idea to spread knowledge and peace to all.

We invite you to join us on this journey of discovery and pledge to do your best to move the community forward in a positive direction. To be contributors to our legacy. To promote knowledge and compassion to all.

Please feel free to comment and let us know what you think. Everything is fluid as we actively create our future.

~namaste

:meditate:

So how do we want the world to look?

Declaration of Contribution

I will make good things happen for other people

For those here now and those who come after us

I will be resourceful and responsible

Love People

I Will Contribute

Be a part of the solution. Do your work the way you wish everyone else would do their work for you.

I Will Be Kind

Have concern and respect for others. To be on the receiving end of kindness is refreshing.

I Will Be Patient

Give others the time you'd like to be given. 

I Will Be Honest

Have truthful conversations.

I Will Encourage People

Give confidence and support freely.

I Will Apologize & Forgive

Say you're sorry & accept I'm sorry.

I Will Thank People

Enjoy the work of others, show your gratitude.

Remember

Excuses Distract

Embrace your challenges. Instead of dwelling on the difficulties to accomplish something, give your energy and attention to what needs to be done. Stay with how you can ... rather than indulging in why you can't.

Drama Drains

Choose truth. Hold back on adding unnecessary emotion to a situation. Avoid exaggerating the positive or negative of anything or anyone. Be thoughtful, optimistic, and encouraging.

Complaints Bore

Create solutions. Shake off useless thoughts and statements of entitlement and resignation. Need to vent? Do it privately. Be results-focused. Inspire personal responsibility.

Demonstrate Leadership

I will care about the people I work with

I will involve them the way I'd like to be involved

I will treat them the way I'd like to be treated

It is a balance act to live the way of the land and the way of modern day life.   With bills to pay, family life, trying to live healthy and eat healthy.   Coworkers to satisfy, friends to hold close, we all have trials and tribulations to endure.   This is a very good Declaration of Contribution to help Humanity find peace and happiness in this ocean of life.   

I pledge to do my best to follows these rules.    I am also a believer of teaching the uninformed...pass on the knowledge to one who seeks.   

#74 REC

REC

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

This is probably going to end up as a printout above my computer.

Stumbling into the world of fungi has opened my eyes to the complex symbiotic relationships that almost every non-fungal organism has with fungi in some way. I am very excited to contribute whatever I can to this community and the environment. I am an absolute newbie in the world of mycology, which gives me an opportunity to learn from many experienced people on this forum! Thank you to every individual who has contributed!

#75 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,010 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

We were all nubies once Rec, believe me if you keep at it, stay active in the community, you will look up an 3 years will have gone by... Or 10, or 17...

I just realized I've been here 3 years now, and I still feel like a noob to some of these masters. It stays fascinating here!
  • PsyBearknot and AGAMA like this

#76 moxieshroom

moxieshroom

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

I agree. Very nicely said!
Hard to believe I started dabbling in mycology back in 2009. I still feel like a noob at times. Its nice to be able to help out someone in need or give them a gentle push in the right direction
  • AGAMA and SteampunkScientist like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!