• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ares

Ares

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

I wanted to talk about advertisements (ads) here on Mycotopia. Running Mycotopia is not free, unfortunately.  There are many expenses, efforts, and tasks running in the background to keep this community running.  Ads keep the machine well oiled.  They could introduce you to a new product, a new member to the board, or just an awesome deal you can not pass up.  The possibilities are endless.  Ads benefit everyone!

Because of this we recommend that you don’t run any ad-blockers on our site.  We are not asking you to uninstall but to just whitelist our domain.  Soon you will see a funny picture and message display if you are running an ad-blocker. This will be part of a upcoming seamless web change. Many other large websites do this and it has worked well.

I should mention how this benefits Sponsors.  There are currently 3 levels of Premium Memberships any member in good standing may purchase.  The general idea is the greater their donation the less ads they will see.  Less ads will show up throughout the Community until the member reaches Black level.  At that time the only ads that will be visible will belong to the Sponsors.

Being a Sponsor means more than extra visibility and traffic. We will send more customers to you! As a Sponsor, your banner will stand out in many ways:    

• They will appear on every page. 
  • They will be seen by every Guest, Member, Premium Member, and Visitor.
  • They will be the largest ad space available at 728x90
  • There will be side-bar placement and additional locations not available to Advertisers
  • Your site and products will be actively promoted as a trusted vendor

:meditate:  And as always if you have any questions please reach out to any staff member  :meditate:

• Zen_, BuckarooBanzai, Juthro and 3 others like this

#2 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,965 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:45 PM

Welcome to the real world friends and neighbors.

As our illustrious founder was fond of saying: gas, grass or ass - nobody rides for free.

Now where the hell was that donate button again...
  • wharfrat, Ares and catattack like this

#3 Ares

Ares

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

Welcome to the real world friends and neighbors.

As our illustrious founder was fond of saying: gas, grass or ass - nobody rides for free.

Now where the hell was that donate button again...

DONATE.png

• wharfrat likes this

#4 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

You forgot the big "Donate" button right above your big red banner.  :tongue:  :ph34r:

• wharfrat likes this

#5 Ares

Ares

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:31 PM

You forgot the big "Donate" button right above your big red banner.  :tongue:  :ph34r:

They are both the correct button  :wub:

donate2.png

• Zen_ likes this

#6 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,965 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

Well I don't see a donate button but I did find the store/premium membership purchase route.

Money=mouth

One year of banners only, please!
  • Ares likes this

#7 bernhohl

bernhohl

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:52 PM

ads are fine and not necessarily evil.  not at all.  they are what they are, and once in a while, they even contain helpful, useful info!  it can happen!  

as for donations.....i'll be happy to donate as soon as i'm out of the probation program.  you can't expect much from the restricted, can you?  

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,279 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

i'll be happy to donate as soon as i'm out of the probation program.  you can't expect much from the restricted, can you?

You obviously haven't met my probation officer, cuz he's always want, want, want...... (jk)

Really though, it says your a free member. Is there something that you aren't being allowed to do?

Edited by Juthro, 28 June 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#9 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:40 AM

You don't have to be a member or even signed in to donate. VIP groups are obviously restricted to members...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!