#1 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,115 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:26 AM

Today I filled out my presidential primary ballot. Voted for a person I have no faith in whatsoever to lead us out of this mess. Am I the only one who thinks this entire election is a fuckin clown show? I feel like an idiot for even participating in it, but it is our civic duty to vote. Where the REAL candidates at? I keep hoping one real candidate will come out of the woodwork and show themselves between now and then, but fear this country is bought and paid for all the way. Actually by the list of candidates I can tell it already is and this makes me physically ill. God help our country indeed.

Who else voted for the least of 5-6 evil mofos?

• Zen_, ChimX, Juthro and 1 other like this

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,732 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:48 AM

meh, the whole world is going insane right before our very eyes. the election cartoon is just another symptom.

I swear to Himself this can't go on much longer without some kind of species ending event.

just fuckin' crazy :)   :)  :)

• coorsmikey and Coopdog like this

#3 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

We have 2 of 3 major presidential candidates on trial for *some* kind of corruption in our morally bankrupt political system, we have the Panama Papers detailing global corruption on a mass scale, and we have massive state sponsored hacking and data leaks the world over. Clown show? LOL - Yea, it's something. 

You do know that your vote doesn't *really* count right? You're familiar with how the electoral college *really* works, right? You know that the primaries and conventions, and the rules they follow, are all bullshit right?

[Direct Link]

LOL

• coorsmikey, Coopdog, fungi2bwith and 2 others like this

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,462 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:23 AM

I couldn't agree more but I'm afraid that it is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better - or at least stay shitty for a very long long time (beyond our lifetimes).

I was watching a favorite series of mine called The Pyramid Code yesterday and while inspiring - it is also discouraging.

The investigators in the documentary series are pushing back the timeline for the construction of all ancient megalithic monuments. There are appearances by Bauval, West, Schoch, Hancock, and many more whose names slip my recollection.

Long story short, it appears as though (according to the Hindu) our world goes through "Ages" - golden age, silver age, bronze age, iron age. This great cycle spans a period of time encompassing roughly some 25,000 years for a complete oscillation from one golden age to the next. I'm guessing that sometime between 1960 and 2030, we will finally pass the "midnight" hour of our dark Iron Age which was pointed to by the Mayan calendar.

Given the scope of the timeline, I'm not inspired by hope for any type of real change anytime within the next several hundred years.

Matter of fact, if you buy into the whole "cosmic struggle" idea between "good" and "evil" it seems as though the job of evil is to get us to destroy ourselves back to the point to where we can no longer re-connect with each other as humanity. I'll count us lucky if we can come away from this with even a handful of tribal stories and the knowledge of agriculture.

That isn't to say that "golden age" mentality is not possible at this time. Quite the contrary, I think we have it here. Expecting the mentality to expand and grow I think is an exercise in futility. 

• Zen_, ernestro, Coopdog and 2 others like this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• OG VIP
  • 9,882 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:24 AM

Jesse Ventura would run if he can get ballot access in all states.  That is quite a hurdle in itself though.

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,882 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

Desiring a future that isn't real, based on a past that isn't real, is to be absent.   Be in the golden age if that's what you really want.  Sat Yuga is the age of truth.  We won't go there with our arms locked together.  We'll get there one at a time, by being there, as there's nowhere to get to.  The book wasn't called, Be There Then.

• Zen_, Myc, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#7 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

I'll agree with the ages and cycles of time. If we hit the golden age even by 2030 it's not a magic button. There is a transition period to get there, just as there was a transition to leave it. That means we here, at Mycotopia, are making a difference. We are a part of that enlightened mindset and the exploring that's necessary to achieve it. We are a part of a revolution in thinking, and many of us will be around to see it's effects. 

To that point, even after it's attained, there will be lingering effects from old that stick around for some time. Many of us will not be here to see the end of that, but our children, and our children's children will be. Hopefully they know and appreciate the struggles we went through to bring them that. Truth is, even that will fade as time progresses, and much like our past the beginnings of that era will be lost to the folds of time.

In scales such as these, a human lifespan can only have so much impact, and so much observance, and so Alders comments I also agree with. Essentially, be the change you want to see in the world. Manifest your own reality and help as much as possible the prospering of others that are with you on this journey, and those just starting their journey.

The age of truth is simply, imho, a fundamental understanding of the way of things which allows one to flow more effortlessly through time. Using that truth for good or evil is individual, but I would like to think more good these days than bad. When you look at the bad, as OP put it, it's a reflection of the good in the world. A reflection that, via technology and those that care, is shining a light on all the evil being done. It's showing people for what they really are, and for better or worse, it's paving the way for change.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#8 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,115 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

The golden age and cycles of life I can definitely get into. Zen don't even get me started on the electoral college and delegates and super delegates. That is a whole other albeit related can of worms. My wife quit voting 15 or more years ago when they went against the popular vote to put Bush I think it was in against the popular vote. I swear I am almost right there with her and that makes me sad. I read somewhere that write in votes are just thrown away and not even counted. It has gone way too far to fix without a total overhaul of the system. Alas I fear that everyone is so hypnotized by their smart phones to ever go out and make a difference. I hope my kids do live to see something different and that they survive the changeover because I think it might be an ugly one.

• Zen_ and Heirloom like this

#9 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,243 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

Why bother and, what exactly is a 'civic duty'?

You do know that your vote doesn't *really* count right?

It counts. It just doesn't matter.

Edited by August West, 09 May 2016 - 09:33 PM.

• Zen_ and MrGumball like this

#10 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

Touché.

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,882 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:34 PM

"If elections could change the system, they'd be illegal."

~Mousy Dung (A puppet I saw and heard at the Oregon Country Fair about 30 years ago.)

So, what is this truth someone was willing to name a world age after?

“The world rests upon the bedrock of satya, or truth.
Asatya, meaning untruth, also means 'non-existent,'
and satya, or truth, also means 'that which is.'
If untruth does not so much as exist, its victory is out of the question.
And truth, being that which is, can never be destroyed.
This is the doctrine of Satyagraha in a nutshell.”
~Mahatma Gandhi

That which is is what has us here.  I have to find gratitude for that, though it is mostly hidden in mystery.  But we can classify it by our own personal standards and call it whatever we want.  What we call it will never suffice to cover the subject.  Shaking our fists at the details we see passing into and out of time brings neither ourselves nor anyone peace.   No single perspective is all-seeing or wise.   Seeing disharmony out there and taking it personally is folly, as only what is actually true endures through time.  That which is is not somewhere in the past, creating what is now, but that is a pretty illusion to entertain.  Nor is there any future  that is bearing on what is now. 

What are the political implications of humans being content with the world they've been given?  What are they when discontent is the main motive force in the world? 

"If it can be said that the best government is that which governs least, then can it not be said that the best government is that which governs not at all?"

~Henry David Thoreau

And so, identified as separate persons, each with our own ideas of what would be best for everyone else to do, should we opt for politics, as usual? 

"It's always 'one down, and one to go.'"

~Prem Rowat

Edited by Alder Logs, 09 May 2016 - 11:56 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#12 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,115 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:30 AM

Excellent points as always Alder. I love the way you point out the waste of time that fighting with anything that is, is. You are an old soul my friend.

• Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,882 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:52 AM

"'Thank you,' is the best mantra."

~Mooji

Sometimes it's hard to see that this is all here for us.   Feeling that 'thank you' spot at our center gives one a glimpse of what it's about. 

Namasté

• Zen_, Coopdog and Gnomesayin like this

#14 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

I have decided not to live my life based on countries, elections, leaders, etc. One must stand and say "I am a man. This is what I believe. This is how I shall live."

If what I want means I break some laws created by some others with whom I have no agreement, nor granted any permission, then I evaluate if the risk is worth it and proceed accordingly. The results are my responsibility.

When society degenerates to the point of chaos, then every man must decide to become a society unto himself and his values.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 11 May 2016 - 07:04 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and sedaeng like this

#15 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

By the way while the country burns, the media wrestles with important issues like what bathroom a person should be allowed to use.

I'm sorry, but if I had a nickel for every human gender there was out there...

...I'd have ten cents.
  • Myc and Coopdog like this

#16 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,882 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

I once had a very good friend who was a transsexual.  Lillian was born with something of both of the standard forms of plumbing, but as was normal in such cases, a doctor looked at the genitalia, decided which was dominant, and surgically made a choice for her, an infant.  Her parents did everything they could to make a man of her, including military school and early entry into the national guard.  She did everything she could, considering the psychological mind-fuck that was handed her as a young person to be as parents and society desired.  Even though she finally gave up the efforts to please the bigots and her betters, and chose to live life as a man-woman, after the Zuni Indian tradition, her life was never easy.  She was fired from more jobs that she could count, yet she was quite competent at most everything she tried.  She just wasn't allowed to do those jobs wearing a dress. 

She was a human rights and environmental activist, which is how I met her.  When she was injured on a job the unemployment office sent her out on, she became unemployable for a time and homeless.   I gave her a place to live and this was never forgotten for the rest of her life.  She was in poverty but would help in any way she could.   When she died, what there were of her worldly treasures were all left to me.  Her family wanted nothing to do with anything about her.   Those of our community who knew her beyond the appearances turned out for the funeral. 

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 May 2016 - 08:28 PM.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#17 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

Yes, that does occur Alder, I also know such a person, but it is mixture, that is the key. A mixture of xx and xy. One cannot live without x, so there is no such thing as a yy or -- as such a combination is lethal.

You may say this person is partial female, and partial male, but they not (put invented word here).

So there is only 2. Of course the solution for the bathroom is to do what the Trader Joe's does: they have a series of single private bathroom units usable by anyone.

Frankly I find the entire bathroom debate to be assinine.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 11 May 2016 - 08:42 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#18 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,462 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

SPS, 

Did you ever see the show "Chicago" ? 

There is a scene with Alec Baldwin involving a stuffed monkey.

In our family roundhouse discussions such as this, we define the various gambits you're describing as "Look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey!"

I just finished a documentary on Netflix called "Requiem for the American Dream". Many of you in this discussion will likely find it interesting.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#19 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,256 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

Frankly I find the entire bathroom debate to be assinine.

I have to agree with this statement. In fact, trans genders have been using their gender identified bathrooms for a very long time. If a woman dressed as such (regardless of any equipment differences) steps into the womens restroom, who even knows? In the reverse, a man may chose to use a stall rather than a urinal, who knows the difference?

The basis for the current ridiculousness, is based on uneducated, false constructions of ridiculous what if scenarios, created without anything fact based, fueled by bias, and a good share of refusal to accept that anyone who does not embrace your definintion of male or female, must be punished.

We have made huge strides toward equality, this is backlash from those who refuse to accept this as law.

And yes, all businesses should of their own volition, provide at least one restroom for anyone, to accommodate parents with children, elderly who need assistance, and anyone who needs a non specific restroom for any reason.

• Myc, Coopdog, Arathu and 3 others like this

#20 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:57 AM

Love your reply Skye!

Just put a picture of a generic human. "Humans only" all Grey's, reptilians, and other interplanetary species need to go out behind the dumpster. ;)

The debate about "non human" bathroom use coming soon, I'm sure!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 12 May 2016 - 01:58 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!