157 replies to this topic

#41 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:23 AM

Supposedly we're approaching a new golden age. Which, by the way, was matriarchal vs everything we've ever known which is patriarchal. For some, it is this reason that Hillary will win. Trump represents everything we've come from - male dominated, misogynistic, testosterone driven, etc. Not saying Hillary is a peach, but to some she represents a woman who is not so meek to get tromped on, yet not so strong as to be just like everyone else. She is a balance that is necessary to bring about the beginnings of change to a matriarchal society, which is a path to the return of the golden age. 

I say "for some" as that's just a theory running around the 'net as to why she will be elected. Time will tell.

Generally speaking, this is an interesting thought on a representative democracy where people are actually happier voters and the system is more fairly represented without as much "jiggering" as happens today. Corruption is the rot that affects every attempt at fair and civilized living, so designing systems to negate corruption as much as possible seems to be a good theory. However, we would need to get past all the self-serving interests which lead to corruption in the first place, and corruption is just a form of crime, and no laws can prevent crime as criminals will either ignore the law outright or find new and creative ways to do what they do, but legally. i.e. all the shit that's going down now. Illegal as fuck - any normal person doing any of the shit these candidates do would and are prosecuted and imprisoned, often harshly. Yet, these folks make the laws, or rub elbows with those that make the laws, and usually also have many political connections and large sums of money. (resources - monetary and legal) In those situations the law loosely applies, if at all in certain circumstances.

Anyway, I digress. Check this out as it's an interesting thought. FWIW, Australia does this shit, oh, and voting is compulsory or you get a fine. So not only does your vote *actually* count, but you're happier because of it and everyone is forced by law to participate. Interesting eh?

[Direct Link]

• Heirloom likes this

#42 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:49 AM

I think that who ever is president we are going to have some tough times.

• Zen_ and Coopdog like this

#43 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,848 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:58 AM

Well, it looks like our choice has been made for us.  Makes me feel so important that they care about my needs so much.  Still, it echos in my head the notion about them having much more in common with each other than with us.  Looks like an acceleration is coming.    

• Zen_ and Heirloom like this

#44 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

I have heard from several sources that the meek shall inherit the earth.

I want only good things for us all and our loved ones.

• riseabovethought and Alder Logs like this

#45 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,159 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

...but to some she represents a woman who is not so meek to get tromped on, yet not so strong as to be just like everyone else. She is a balance that is necessary to bring about the beginnings of change to a matriarchal society, which is a path to the return of the golden age. 

I say "for some" as that's just a theory running around the 'net as to why she will be elected. Time will tell.

One can dress a piece of shit up in as many vaginas as they wish - it's still a piece of shit. She doesn't represent balance or change. She's a sociopath and anyone who thinks otherwise is being played. She doesn't even remotely address the problems of US politics and I can only imagine what the post-Trump opposition candidate looks like four years into a Hillary Clinton presidency.
  • Coopdog, fungi2bwith and SteampunkScientist like this

#46 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,472 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

This quote explains so much...
1f38939c3c9affb426f54ab69e120df7.jpg
  • Zen_ likes this

#47 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:28 AM

...but to some she represents a woman who is not so meek to get tromped on, yet not so strong as to be just like everyone else. She is a balance that is necessary to bring about the beginnings of change to a matriarchal society, which is a path to the return of the golden age. 

One can dress a piece of shit up in as many vaginas as they wish - it's still a piece of shit. She doesn't represent balance or change. She's a sociopath and anyone who thinks otherwise is being played. She doesn't even remotely address the problems of US politics and I can only imagine what the post-Trump opposition candidate looks like four years into a Hillary Clinton presidency.

Not disagreeing here, just pointing out some alternative theories that are floating around. 

a la this chic -

[Direct Link]

• Alder Logs likes this

#48 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,159 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:41 PM

Not disagreeing here, just pointing out some alternative theories that are floating around. 

a la this chic -

[Direct Link]

"...alternative theories..."

That's one phrase for it...

• Zen_ likes this

#49 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,472 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:05 AM

Yeah I've heard all this stuff before. I think it may be big helping of her personal wishful thinking. You can find this stuff in the dusty bins of the new age section of your used bookstore.

Frankly this whole idea of "Patriarchal" vs "Matriarchal" consciousness has me bored. It's a stupid argument. How about Human-archical? How about the fusion of the male-female aspects?

As long as we divide and take sides, the bullshit is just gonna keep flowing.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 20 October 2016 - 07:06 AM.

• Zen_ and fungi2bwith like this

#50 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:29 AM

It seems we all want it to be a story we can buy into.   The question should come back to "who am I (who has such a stake in a description)?"   We all bring our own personal charge, and this is what keeps the flow going.   I really enjoyed listening to that woman's POV.   But really, why am I here?   Is it to stir the pot and then die?  

Why does this election, notions of nations, ages, justice, the whole play, pull on anything in me?   Where is my investment?   What is it to be in, and not of, this world?

Namasté

• Zen_ likes this

#51 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,848 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

But if we dont stir the pot, isnt that worse?  I cant disconnect like that.  I hold on, even though i know matter dont matter, except temporarily of course.  What I am is clear to me, and when I am most honest about that, I ask myself- Why dont we save them?  Suffering is widespread but I will make it less so in my lifetime, or now anyway, as much as i can, because thats important and relevant to me.  WTF else am I gonna do? 

God damn this identity thing comes up a lot, dont it?  It is fascinating Alder.  Please keep that stuff comin.  One day I hope it'll penetrate my cerebral forcefield.  It echos of great value, and that seems to grow the more I consider it.

Edited by riseabovethought, 20 October 2016 - 11:19 AM.

• Zen_ and Alder Logs like this

#52 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:50 PM

The seeing of the bullshit me as the fiction it was, did not make the 'nothing me' any less able or ready to respond, if and when it might be called for.   It's a huge paradox. 

• Zen_ and riseabovethought like this

#53 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

Apologies for stirring the pot? Nah, look at all the conversation that came from it! #ProofPuddin

• riseabovethought, Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#54 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,472 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:20 PM

"All the same we take our chances
Laughed at by time!
Tricked by circumstances!
Plus ça change
Plus c'est la meme chose
The more that things change,
the more they stay the same"

#55 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,464 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

[Direct Link]

Edited by fungi2bwith, 21 October 2016 - 12:07 PM.

• Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#56 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

Looks and sounds good.   Thanks for that, Fungi.

#57 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,464 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:01 PM

no problem brother, I realize just as much as the next guy what a conundrum we are in as a country.....I saw this and instantly thought of this thread.....I hope it helps, if just a minuscule amount....

#58 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,472 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

25bcbc21cb220f14d006456a75c9c53a3d62440e8b734bb078bc8988fb568e32_1.jpg
  • Skywatcher likes this

#59 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,848 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

Well, looks like they changed their minds and its going to be Trump now.  They keep making up our minds for us, dont they?  Nice of them to save us the trouble.

How did The Simpsons know?

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 29 October 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#60 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,848 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:12 PM

We better look at what else they predicted

[Direct Link]

Might as well include family guy predictions too

[Direct Link]

But this is an about face.  One minute they were happy with Hillary, and now they switched.  Buckle up people.  He's going to smash us like a grumpy old man-  angry as hell at us because we're playing on his lawn.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!