• Please log in to reply
2288 replies to this topic

#2281 Supersilverj82

Supersilverj82

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:56 AM

Hi. I'm a new member. I will be asking some questions in the next few days as I try to grow B+ and ATL#7. I have:

spores: B+ (print) and ATL#7 (partial syringe and some contaminated agar plates I poured in August)

media: Malt Extract Agar, BRF, verm, RGS, whole oats

equipment: still air box, pressure cooker, canning jars, silicone, micropore tape, SFDs, petri dishes

and some other materials and tools. Friends have shown me sterile technique in their SABs but I must have screwed up and/or where I'm now living is much dirtier. From an ATL#7 syringe, I got lots of contamination on my ten MEA agar plates. I hope to clean them up. I have something left of that spore syringe. I also have a new sprore print of B+. I hope to make the most of all these materials, especially the spores and any good mycelium, and not waste them.

I may post photos of agar plates if I can figure out how to do so without spreading any contamination. None of my plates looks right to me. If any of them even has any ATL#7 mycelium at all, it probably also has some very flamboyantly hairy/fuzzy, brilliantly white mold. One of the plates did fruit some kind of mushroom, albeit dark gray or black in color.

u

I am growing atl #7 also and b+ and berms. Have not tried to use agar yet but it’s next on the list. Have you got many mushrooms from atl #7 or are u growing for the truffles. I am new on here as well Bennu growing for a few months myself.

#2282 psyguy

psyguy

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:47 PM

Hello all.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce my self. I have been in the Myco world for a little over 3 years now, learning, reading, learning and yet more reading. I can't wait to take the leap into Mycology.

• wharfrat likes this

#2283 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,201 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 05:46 PM

Hello all.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce my self. I have been in the Myco world for a little over 3 years now, learning, reading, learning and yet more reading. I can't wait to take the leap into Mycology.

welcome  :biggrin:

#2284 Agatye

Agatye

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:57 PM

I've only now just realized I posted my introduction outside of this thread, I hope that's alright? It still needs to be approve so perhaps a moderator could place it in it's correct spot  :blush:

#2285 Nwfam

Nwfam

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 12:03 AM

Me and the wife are new to this and are enjoying everything we read and see

#2286 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 05:35 AM

welcome Nwfam

cpl more posts and things will start to open up !

even more if you become a member .....make a small donation 

you and wife enjoy

again welcome

#2287 user259

user259

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 02:01 PM

Thanks Myc,

I was thinking of ordering spores online, but I'm afraid of the paper trail that would leave (in the US). Any thoughts on how to get the spores anonymously?

Thanks again!

#2288 oakay

oakay

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 03:50 PM

Hello everyone! I'm very impressed by the knowledge around here :) I've been trying to grow edibles on logs outside for a while with moderate motivation, but recently came across some other usefulnesses which sparked my motivation to go into it much deeper and try the indoor teks. Coming from some other experiences which I wanted to make more accessible in my daily life.
Glad to have found this site!

#2289 Haleaeendeega

Haleaeendeega

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 04:48 PM

Hello friends.
This is my first message in the forum. I’m an old grower of “los que vienen con las lluvias”. Twenty two years growing mushrooms ( medicinal, eatables and entheogens).
This forum is amazing... If my English were fluent I would participate regularly, but that is not the case.

• coorsmikey likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!