#2581 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:41 AM

Welcome Jeff!

You're doing well for someone who has never had access to the internet prior to now. 

I'm curious.......

How did you find us? 

#2582 jeffroberts0922

jeffroberts0922

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:32 PM

Welcome Jeff!
You're doing well for someone who has never had access to the internet prior to now.
I'm curious.......
How did you find us?

I found Google...so I hunt everything shroom related. If I ever do something that's not proper online etiquette..I'm not doing it intentionally, I just didn't Know. Let me know if I'm screwing up. I can already tell this shroom thing is addictive.(Growing) Anyway that's how I found you.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

#2583 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:18 AM

Welcome Jeff.  Just a thought... if you're using your real name, you might want to... not to.  Anonymity is always crucial, but I'd think if you just got out, you might be on parole, or want to lay low with anything that could possibly be illegal in your area.  Then again, maybe that's not your real name, and I'm just really baked right now.  Either way, just looking out for ya, bud.  Peace.

• LegoMyego likes this

#2584 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:26 AM

Welcome Jeff!
I'm curious.......
How did you find us?

I found Google...so I hunt everything shroom related. If I ever do something that's not proper online etiquette..I'm not doing it intentionally, I just didn't Know. Let me know if I'm screwing up. I can already tell this shroom thing is addictive.(Growing) Anyway that's how I found you.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Hey dude, I am so ignorant on the internet 'etiquette' or 'lingo', don't feel too bad.

#2585 ShoreBird12

ShoreBird12

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:34 AM

Day 22, Little guy is going strong!

Nice spawn jars and nice looking myc, but why is there tinfoil under the cap?

Sorry it took so long to reply, these are dedicated grow jars I picked up from a mushroom supply shop online. Mostly I bought them just because I was interested in trying them. I still have quite a few left. I will post pictures of the mycilium later today.

• Billcoz likes this

#2586 Goober32

Goober32

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Donator

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:28 AM

Long time lurker, first-time poster. Hope to expand knowledge and chat with some of you good people.

• Billcoz likes this

#2587 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Welcome to the community Jeff!  

I'm usually a pretty paranoid person in general.  Better safe than sorry in my opinion. 

While my experience on this site has been amazing, you never know who is looking at you when you are on the internet.  Please be sure not to post any sort of personal information (name, where you live, places you work, etc.). 

I'd also recommend searching for a good VPN to use.  This masks your IP address, which can help keep your information safe and the narcs off your trail.  An IP address is basically like your home address (but for your computer).  Everyone's' is unique and if one knows how to look, you can find out any user's IP.  I'd recommend looking into it, especially if you are on probation.  Here is a pretty good one: https://nordvpn.com/

Honestly if you are just growing for personal use I wouldn't worry about a VPN.  Mushrooms are not really a big concern for DEA and law enforcement. Besides, most people get caught from talking to people they know in real life about it.  So keep it low key.  Just be smart, stay safe, and have fun! 

Check out this thread to get caught up on all the lingo.  Good luck!! https://mycotopia.ne...ic-fungi-forum/

#2588 Harlow

Harlow

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:34 PM

Hello all,

I have been following for a few months, and decided to sign up and say hi.  I currently have a successful grow going on, inoculated nine cakes of GT and all nine are successfully growing into their third flush.  I am also trying to grow oysters and portabellos.  I really enjoy how much people help each other here and are so kind.  I don't know how to upload pictures yet, but I have a couple, mostly to say thanks you for helping make this happen.

• Myc, Billcoz and Bobotrank like this

#2589 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:16 PM

Hello all,

I have been following for a few months, and decided to sign up and say hi.  I currently have a successful grow going on, inoculated nine cakes of GT and all nine are successfully growing into their third flush.  I am also trying to grow oysters and portabellos.  I really enjoy how much people help each other here and are so kind.  I don't know how to upload pictures yet, but I have a couple, mostly to say thanks you for helping make this happen.

Welcome Harlow! Glad you've joined us!

Here is a link to a picture upload tutorial. I hope this can help. 

https://mycotopia.ne...ly-to-the-site/

#2590 Advocate4TheMT

Advocate4TheMT

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 93 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:00 PM

Welcome to the FAM all new comers !!! You just found the forum with no drama, if so the moderators handle that shit right quick. And a bunch of humble educated members that are always willing to learn and share. We’re all here for anything you need and if we don’t have the answer I’m sure we know who will. Look forward to getting to know you all.
758c12619d5998676b4073bf4dc88b20.jpg

Edited by Advocate4TheMT, 18 March 2019 - 08:00 PM.

#2591 Harlow

Harlow

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:53 AM

Welcome Harlow! Glad you've joined us!

Here is a link to a picture upload tutorial. I hope this can help. 

https://mycotopia.ne...ly-to-the-site/

Thank you very much Myc.  Here is one of my better pictures, and since this is the new member post I know not to keep posting/chatting here.  Thanks!!

Mush.jpg

• Billcoz likes this

#2592 Windstar

Windstar

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:50 AM

Heya awesome people of Mycotopia!

My name is Windstar and I am new to the world of growing mushrooms.

I just started with making my first liquid cultures and I am really excited to learn from all the knowledgeable experts and old sailors on this site ;)

And then in return I am excited to give back to the community in the form of my knowledge once I get some experience under my belt.

Lastly I am looking forward to have fun with the community and having a laugh every now and then!

I am grateful to start the journey here. :cool:  :ph34r:

• Myc and DrJekyll like this

#2593 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

Welcome Windstar!

#2594 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

attachicon.gifMush.jpg

Looking good!

#2595 DrJekyll

DrJekyll

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

Heya awesome people of Mycotopia!

My name is Windstar and I am new to the world of growing mushrooms.

I just started with making my first liquid cultures and I am really excited to learn from all the knowledgeable experts and old sailors on this site ;)
And then in return I am excited to give back to the community in the form of my knowledge once I get some experience under my belt.
Lastly I am looking forward to have fun with the community and having a laugh every now and then!

I am grateful to start the journey here. :cool: :ph34r:

Welcome man. A lot of us noobs have joined in the last few days.

#2596 DrJekyll

DrJekyll

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:16 PM

Hey there! New to mycotopia but have used some of its forum posts in the past as some reference to build my knowledge of mycology. I am actually a visionary artist. So no visions, no art Haha. Or at least any people will buy from me. I have multiple successful grows under my belt and actually plan to build my first laminar flow hood with help from yall and the wonderful guys at the nexus. This is one of my art pieces, Primigenial Thangka, thanks!90bbd1d323e3b67a16288630d21cdc99.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Welcome MP! That's some amazing artwork. Of my many talents, drawing is not one. Please share more of your work, I enjoy that kind of art.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!