729 replies to this topic

#41 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

wanderess

• 528 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:07 PM

hello brand new member and first time to learn to grow mushrooms. I am interested in this to learn how to micro dose with mushroom to treat depression anxiety and to see how this impacts my ADD. That's about it. Will be interested to find a potent (to keep dose down low) yet clear pure experience with much light and nil to no body load. Thanks for reading. Regards mjroom.

Hey there MJ! Welcome to Topia! There are a couple of people here that have posted links to depression studies. It's one of those reasonably often mentioned topics here, so I'm sure you'll find some information to absorb. Microdosing can be tricky, but it's all in the person. I've heard that one of the more potent strains is penis envy, though I heard it's a little bit more tempermental to grow then the average cube, but I've also heard a cube's a cube. Feel free to ask any questions you may have! Our search feature is also a great way to dig up lots of info in our vaults! :)

Edited by sillyrabbitcubiesR4us, 24 May 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#42 Shadow_Wing

Shadow_Wing

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:10 PM

Welcome to Mycotopia, mjroom.  There are plenty of folks here who make use of plants to combat various issues.  I am ADD as well, or more accurately ADHD, since I am extremely Hyperactive.  I've taken the typical meds (adderall and ritalin) much of my life, but I prefer to stick with more natural remedies.  I micro-dosed LSD with some success, the mushroom dosing seems less predictable to me,  but I'm still experimenting with that.  Diet, activity, schedules, and meditation has proven the most effective over the years.  It seems to be different for each individual.  I hope you find some information here that you can use.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.   And again,  welcome to Mycotopia.

Shalom

• coorsmikey, sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and Gnomesayin like this

#43 VoodooGarden

VoodooGarden

Enthusiast

• Free Member
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

BTW, TOVG, if you can think of your old account name or the email that went with it I can merge your new account with the old. If you want it back.

Thanks, Zen. If you can do, that would be cool.
VoodooGarden is the user name and the email is long dead. Don't really care too much, but it would be good. Real good.
  • Zen_ and Juthro like this

#44 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

Thank you all it's great to be on board. I will likely do a lot of archive reading for the next little while to try and get some information under my belt. Much appreciate your warm welcome here. Regards Mjroom.

• Juthro and sillyrabbitcubiesR4us like this

#45 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

I can't seem to find any threads on how different kinds of mushrooms compare from an experience quality point of view. I guess I am looking to understand and learn what the the different characters are like. What the different mushrooms are like. I am looking for bright clear and full of light. I want to avoid dark ominous and confused. Perhaps I just don't know the right jargon to use in my search headings. Links would be much appreciated to help get me on track. Thanks and regards mjroom.

#46 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,797 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:49 PM

Welcome Xecuter33 , and ALL new peeps! Welcome aboard!

Thank you Sir for the LOUD welcome.lol :biggrin:

Welcome Xecuter33.  Glad to have another avid grower in our midst.

Thank you for the kindness. :weedpoke:

WHY ARE WE 'SHOUTING"?   :biggrin:

#47 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,797 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

I can't seem to find any threads on how different kinds of mushrooms compare from an experience quality point of view. I guess I am looking to understand and learn what the the different characters are like. What the different mushrooms are like. I am looking for bright clear and full of light. I want to avoid dark ominous and confused. Perhaps I just don't know the right jargon to use in my search headings. Links would be much appreciated to help get me on track. Thanks and regards mjroom.

Many variables contribute to the experience one has when ingesting any entheogen, especially active mushrooms. Most I find are inside oneself. I have no proof and I don't have a way to test it, but anything cultivated with love and respect and care, is going to give one a head start in the right direction.

• sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and mjroom like this

#48 az9

az9

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:16 PM

Many variables contribute to the experience one has when ingesting any entheogen, especially active mushrooms. Most I find are inside oneself. I have no proof and I don't have a way to test it, but anything cultivated with love and respect and care, is going to give one a head start in the right direction.

I second this.!.

#49 Shadow_Wing

Shadow_Wing

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

As catattck stated, much of this is dependent on the individual.   You might look through "Storming the Gates" for some personal experiences.

https://mycotopia.ne...ming-the-gates/

Alas, there are so many different mushrooms.... where to begin.

Most of the "magic mushroom" all contain psilocybin, so their overall effects could be similar. 

Copelandia papilionacea 
Galerina vittiformis
Inocybe relicina
Mycena galericulata
Panaeolus papilionaceus
Panaeolus cyanescens
Psilocybe semilanceata
Psilocybe cubensis

And yet, the intensity of the experience of the Pan cyans compared to that of a P. cube are like day and night.  There are also other chemicals in varying amounts depending on the genus and the species.  It would be neat to have a chart the compares the different attributes of the thousands of different shrooms.  A tremendous undertaking to say the least.  

One of the "magic" mushrooms that doesn't contain psilocybin is the Amanita muscaria, (and var. formosa) with contain the chemical muscimol.  

Edited by Shadow_Wing, 26 May 2016 - 12:24 PM.

• sillyrabbitcubiesR4us likes this

#50 ZX9

ZX9

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:55 PM

Morning everyone,
I've lurked around for the longest time and I thought I'd give being apart of the community a shot. Hope to learn from you all and I wish everyone the best of luck!
  • wharfrat and sillyrabbitcubiesR4us like this

#51 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,823 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:24 AM

Welcome Zx9! Glad to see you finally joined! Hope you find yourself at home. When you get a lil more comfortable please be sure to introduce yourself some more in the Welcome Mat. Hint it's an easy way to get through your introductory period.

#52 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:26 AM

welcome to topia  :biggrin:

#53 ZX9

ZX9

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:36 AM

Welcome Mat eh? Guess I'll pop over there then. How should I go about becoming more prominent in the community and boards? Should I just make conversation and ask questions, or when I get the chance should I just start a thread about my cultivation?
Thanks Coorsmikey and Wharfrat!
  • catattack and Shadow_Wing like this

#54 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

Yes. ...is the answer.

Welcome to Mycotopia!

• Shadow_Wing likes this

#55 hYpYz

hYpYz

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:11 AM

Hello everyone.

Bought a bag of shrooms few years ago...loved it.

Bought few grow kits and loved it even more.

Bought few grow kits recently and they didn't grow or had mold on them almost instantly....hated it.

I would like to start growing them from beginning to end so I know that It's my fault and not some low quality product I've bought.

I'm lazy as they come so I'll traverse this forum to look for the least work intensive way to grow them :D

So far I tried golden teacher, thai, makkenai and few others. While I found the feel of the trip to be different the strength seems to be random in all of them.

My favourite trips with medium to strong shrooms are:

high does (2.5g and higher) - laying around in the garden in the sun or laying around at home listening to music

medium dose(1.5g to 2.5g) - same as high dose but I'll switch to a movie or conversation or something more active later on

small dose(1g-1.5g) - go to the cinema for a movie :D

That's me :)

• catattack and sillyrabbitcubiesR4us like this

#56 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

Welcome to Mycotopia!

#57 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

wanderess

• 528 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

I would like to start growing them from beginning to end so I know that It's my fault and not some low quality product I've bought.

I'm lazy as they come so I'll traverse this forum to look for the least work intensive way to grow them :D

Hey there! Welcome to Mycotopia!  Learning the life cycles of a mushroom is not only important in growing in general, but in understanding a lot about contaminants as well. For people who haven't grown much before, it is recommended that they start with the PF tek, because it's just the right mix of efficiency and foolproofness. I'm pretty noob, although now I'm a bulk noob, I still always have a round of BRF jars going because i can *rely* on them most of the time.

Also, if you want to get to know more people, start your own thread in the welcome mat. It'll help you pass your three post minimum to post in other forums and it'll get you more responses to your questions. Thanks for joining and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

quRoe7K.png

• hYpYz and Plant like this

#58 mycolangelo.4HO

mycolangelo.4HO

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

I'm new myself, just tried posting in the welcome mat dunno if it went through but I've been lurking and growing for a couple years now, so hey everyone.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

#59 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,797 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

I'm new myself, just tried posting in the welcome mat dunno if it went through but I've been lurking and growing for a couple years now, so hey everyone.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

And just like that, you have your third post! grab a drink and stay awhile.

#60 mycolangelo.4HO

mycolangelo.4HO

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:41 PM

That's awesome, I look forward to posting and hopefully advance and grow some exotics. But I'm honored to be here, thanks

everything in moderation, including moderation!
  • catattack likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!