729 replies to this topic

#581 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,436 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

Right on it's good to be home with the brothers and sisters! 

• AGAMA, happy4nic8r and salviamycelium like this

#582 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

and it's good to be recognized as such.

• AGAMA and Arathu like this

#583 Mondonius

Mondonius

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

Hi everyone! I've been browsing this forum for several weeks and finally decided to take the plunge, sign up and post!! I I wanted to say that I'm blown away by the amazing wealth of knowledge concentrated here, which has been an invaluable resource for me.

I'm a complete and utter noob that started my first grow about 8 days ago following the classic PF-tek I've read about here. Everything seems to be going according to plan so far and I'm hoping that full colonization will be achieved within another 2 weeks or so.

I'm looking forward to become a contributing member of such a great community :)

• MLBjammer, AGAMA and mjroom like this

#584 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

...it's good to be home with the brothers and sisters! 

...couldn't have said it better myself!  :hug:

• MLBjammer and catattack like this

#585 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,797 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

Hi everyone! I've been browsing this forum for several weeks and finally decided to take the plunge, sign up and post!! I I wanted to say that I'm blown away by the amazing wealth of knowledge concentrated here, which has been an invaluable resource for me.

I'm a complete and utter noob that started my first grow about 8 days ago following the classic PF-tek I've read about here. Everything seems to be going according to plan so far and I'm hoping that full colonization will be achieved within another 2 weeks or so.

I'm looking forward to become a contributing member of such a great community :)

Welcome! Post a couple more times and you can start posting pics and change your avatar etc..

#586 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

Hey everyone, I've been looking to join this site for a while, the reason being it seems much more friendly than another site I was using.

I am a reverse engineer who likes to grow gourmet mushrooms, mostly oyster species. I like to investigate growth and yield.

I mostly focus on energy, nutrients (macro, micro and vitamins) and water content.

• catattack and mjroom like this

#587 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,823 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

Welcome Ferather! Glad to meet ya!

#588 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,726 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

Howdy mondo and Ferather

#589 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,436 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

Yes indeed mondo and Ferather you have made your way to Topia! A hearty welcome and the best of wishes to you both. If what you seek cannot be found here (obviously within context of course) then I seriously doubt it's been written down. Mycotopia is a great institution of higher learning. Again welcome aboard, it is my sincerest wish that you find the information you're looking for or need. Our vaults contain an incredible wealth of information and collective experiences that could easily pass months of reading and study. I highly encourage you to dive in and explore, ask questions, post your work, and most of all.........ENJOY!   

A

• AGAMA likes this

#590 thatguygus

thatguygus

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

Hello everyone , im new to this group just getting started back up . ive had a few grows in the past
first time pe bulk then corumba brazil & creepers i studied growing mushrooms 5 yrs before doing first time . been growing mushrooms about a little over 1 yr now still a neewb
  • sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and mjroom like this

#591 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,823 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

Welcomes TGG!

#592 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,436 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Welcome to Topia TGG..............you've come to the right place if you're looking for great people (think family) and a bunch (like vast) of really good information. 

The vaults and the forums contain recorded information from across the planet over quite a few years now. It is an incredible accomplishment!

Get ready to read, study, participate, learn, and grow in whatever ways you are called (obviously within the context of our community)

Mycotopia is, IMHO, hands down the best place on the internet!

Again welcome! It's nice to see you here................

A

• catattack likes this

#593 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

wanderess

• 528 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hello everyone , im new to this group just getting started back up . ive had a few grows in the past
first time pe bulk then corumba brazil & creepers i studied growing mushrooms 5 yrs before doing first time . been growing mushrooms about a little over 1 yr now still a neewb

welcome Gus. Glad to see you here. Can't wait to see your grows. :)

ZyE3Mej.png

#594 skywalker90

skywalker90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:53 PM

hello everyone! I am pretty new to this hobby, but very enthusiastic. i have my first run going right now of z-strain and i would appreciate if anyone has any knowledge on this substrain. i have started using pf tek and it is going really well so far, but i'm looking to move on to bulk sub after a few successful runs. thanks

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to be a part of this community and learn and grow with you guys!

Thanks!

Edited by coorsmikey, 13 January 2017 - 08:05 PM.

• mjroom likes this

#595 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,823 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

Welcome Skywalker!

#596 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:17 AM

just two more posts and you will have full member status and be able to post anywhere. Welcome aboard ttg. mjroom.

#597 REC

REC

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:51 AM

I've had an interest in fungi for most of my life, from deliberately growing mold in my closet as a child to exciting encounters in local pastures with the famous Psilocybe Cubensis six or so years ago. I have since gotten deeply involved with electronics, attempting to build solutions to everyday problems and aspiring to build a synthesizer of sorts. I hadn't even thought about my underdeveloped mycology interests until recently when I stumbled upon several videos featuring Paul Stamets talking about fungi and the real world applications that they are fulfilling. I am foremost a person motivated by the idea of propagating positive change in our environment and society; Mycology could very well be part of the solution in my life! I have started a PF tek based project for a syringe of pleurotus Columbinus mycelium. I've just innoculated the sterilized substrate with the mycelium syringe today, so I'll be monitoring the progress over the next month.

I chose the blue oyster mushroom as a first attempt because it seems to be the most forgiving for the beginner. Oyster mushrooms are also of great interest because of the soil remediation potential and of course, the edibility. If I get far enough, I plan on taking the mycelium covered cakes and crumbling to different mediums. I have also poured my first set of Agar plates today! A good friend has sent me some spores from the wild, so I will be attempting to inoculate the agar and isolate it from possible contaminants.

Sorry for a long first post, I'm very excited to be apart of this community!
REC

• Arathu and mjroom like this

#598 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,436 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:06 PM

Welcome to Topia REC and glad to hear you're exploring your interests...........this is great and rewarding hobby although I suspect it much deeper than that. IMHO you've come to right place and a couple more posts should get you deeply involved. Welcome again! I look forward to seeing your progress..........BTW blue oyster is a good choice................... :thumbs_up:

#599 puppet05

puppet05

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

Havent been here in a while guys but im back now hello all my fellow topians
  • mjroom likes this

#600 REC

REC

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

Welcome to Topia REC and glad to hear you're exploring your interests...........this is great and rewarding hobby although I suspect it much deeper than that. IMHO you've come to right place and a couple more posts should get you deeply involved. Welcome again! I look forward to seeing your progress..........BTW blue oyster is a good choice................... :thumbs_up:

Thank you for the warm welcome, Arathu. I took plenty of pictures of the entire process and took notes to describe the quantitative data and concerns. I have a blog where I'm documenting this endeavor that shows in general what's going on and a brief description. Should I share the blog here or should I write a grow log once my probationary period is up? I'm browsing "here we grow > edible.medicinal fungi" and it seems that this would be the proper place to share "first grow" information. I'm very excited to see growth in my jars, even if it ends up being trichoderma... though I'm not hoping for that. Failure is an effective way to learn. Thanks for the encouragement!

• AGAMA and Arathu like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!