• Please log in to reply
613 replies to this topic

#601 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,651 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Howdy and welcome to anyone I have not had a chance to say howdy and welcome too...I ran down
To the taco truck down the street and forgot to check back in.

Glad you all made your way here and enjoy the stay.

#602 MrPsuedo

MrPsuedo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

What's up Mycotopia! I'm new to the site, but not at all foreign to forums. I have only been here for like 99 seconds and counting, but I already like the feel and attitude of the place. Mycotopia seems to be the site for the free-thinkers and not the blatant followers. I will not indulge in where I come from, but some of the more salt and peppered ones probably already know. Anyway, I look forward to sharing information and knowledge with all you and hope to have some laughs along the way. See you guys around on the board! 

• mjroom likes this

#603 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,604 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:02 PM

What's up Mycotopia! I'm new to the site, but not at all foreign to forums. I have only been here for like 99 seconds and counting, but I already like the feel and attitude of the place. Mycotopia seems to be the site for the free-thinkers and not the blatant followers. I will not indulge in where I come from, but some of the more salt and peppered ones probably already know. Anyway, I look forward to sharing information and knowledge with all you and hope to have some laughs along the way. See you guys around on the board! 

welcome to topia :biggrin:

#604 Arathu

Arathu

Woodlover

• OG VIP
  • 2,643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

Welcome to Topia REC and glad to hear you're exploring your interests...........this is great and rewarding hobby although I suspect it much deeper than that. IMHO you've come to right place and a couple more posts should get you deeply involved. Welcome again! I look forward to seeing your progress..........BTW blue oyster is a good choice................... :thumbs_up:

Thank you for the warm welcome, Arathu. I took plenty of pictures of the entire process and took notes to describe the quantitative data and concerns. I have a blog where I'm documenting this endeavor that shows in general what's going on and a brief description. Should I share the blog here or should I write a grow log once my probationary period is up? I'm browsing "here we grow > edible.medicinal fungi" and it seems that this would be the proper place to share "first grow" information. I'm very excited to see growth in my jars, even if it ends up being trichoderma... though I'm not hoping for that. Failure is an effective way to learn. Thanks for the encouragement!

We like grow logs REC.....and pictures..............and yes the sub forum you're talking about is the spot for what you are doing. Welcome aboard...............

• REC likes this

#605 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,081 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

Havent been here in a while guys but im back now hello all my fellow topians

Welcome Back, Puppet05!

#606 LogicSlingR

LogicSlingR

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

Hello everyone! My name is Logic.

I am a new member here, although Im far from a green horn or "newb" so some would say lol. I'm already a very experienced cultivator of various types of things usually found in mother nature. I used to spend many hours participating and moderating in other forums and communities for a number of years under a different moniker. slowly life happened and became more difficult and demanding so to say and I kind of fell out of touch with my friends and my hobbies. I know often times in some comminities and forums the old timers (admins./mods) sometimes get weary and suspect of so called new "old members" and all though I won't use my old name anymore I can assure you all that I'm a upstanding guy who is just looking to help others a little, maybe learn something new and possibly meet some new friends. I've never to the best of my knowledge ever had "beef" with anyone or even "gently rubbed" someone the wrong way lol. I just fell away from the community for my own reasons and now I simply find myself here because I really have missed it all. I found out sadly that my old stomping grounds along with all my old friends are no longer around. So I thought to myself, why not go join the big dog on the block (mycotopia) and throw myself back into the mix. Hopefully it will inspire and motivate me to start my own projects once again and start to rekindle the flame of the love I thought I lost forever. I look forward to showing you all who I am and what I can do and hopefully become a prominant and trusted member of the community. Ill help anyone with anything. All anyone has to do is ask and Ill be there trying my best. PEACE!

#607 46And2

46And2

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

Hello all! First of all I'd like to say thank you to all the members of this forum, as I have learned a lot from the past months of reading across the board. It is almost overwhelming how much information is out there. Eventually I'd love to have a deeper understanding of it all, but I understand this will take a looooong time.. Very excited that this site is super active; the culture here seems the be very welcoming and the depth of knowledge across the boards is astonishing. I've also been browsing and researching the archives on shroomery but everything there seems to be dated when compared to the forums here. I've always been drawn to what's beyond "reality" and this is my chance to be part of the process first-hand. Looking forward to learning a new craft here! (First grow using the pf tek this weekend :))

• catattack likes this

#608 catattack

catattack

The Jason Bourne of the mundane.

• OG VIP
  • 5,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

Hello all! First of all I'd like to say thank you to all the members of this forum, as I have learned a lot from the past months of reading across the board. It is almost overwhelming how much information is out there. Eventually I'd love to have a deeper understanding of it all, but I understand this will take a looooong time.. Very excited that this site is super active; the culture here seems the be very welcoming and the depth of knowledge across the boards is astonishing. I've also been browsing and researching the archives on shroomery but everything there seems to be dated when compared to the forums here. I've always been drawn to what's beyond "reality" and this is my chance to be part of the process first-hand. Looking forward to learning a new craft here! (First grow using the pf tek this weekend :))

Welcome home!

• 46And2 likes this

#609 AtomicPanda

AtomicPanda

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

I havent used this for a long time, roadkill the Mycologist showed me the ropes on a few technical applications and a lot of lurking here, i am interested in this puck cake i keep seeing on here

#610 Muddyboots

Muddyboots

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

Hello, all- Muddyboots from the Atlanta metro area here to introduce myself and say hello! ✌️️
Researching for renewed interest in hunting shrooms.
Follow up posts encouraged!

#611 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,604 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

Hello, all- Muddyboots from the Atlanta metro area here to introduce myself and say hello! ✌️️
Researching for renewed interest in hunting shrooms.
Follow up posts encouraged!

welcome to topia

#612 Muddyboots

Muddyboots

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:03 PM

Figured out the right way to find wieii in GA!
Google farm property for sale. Tell the agent you want to walk the property. Likely, agent won't care if you go alone and owner will be notified someone will be looking around.

#613 shoomer

shoomer

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:48 PM

Been a member since 2014 but never posted and got "chilled".

Doing LC right now of B+ (they all look infected), South American (clean good growth), and Pick Buffalos (same).

Had a bountiful harvest last time but didn't dry completely and they didn't stay potent after a year.

This time I think I'll try to keep the ball rolling w/ regular straw log builds.

I'd REALLY like to get some 'bellas and oysters going but all previous attempts failed (ebay mycellium syringes).

Does anyone know where to get 'bella/oyster PRINTS? :blush:

• JustAnEyedea likes this

#614 JustAnEyedea

JustAnEyedea

Destroy Your Television

• Black VIP
  • 453 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 12:59 AM

Welcome, EVERYONE!!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!