• Please log in to reply
2670 replies to this topic

#61 Pinkcherry

Pinkcherry

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:50 PM

Hello, I'm Pink!  I've decided its time to start a new hobby, this one looks amazing and quite challenging! Everyone here seems to be very friendly and knowledgeable.

• wharfrat, mjroom and PurePsycho like this

#62 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,248 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

Hello, I'm Pink!  I've decided its time to start a new hobby, this one looks amazing and quite challenging! Everyone here seems to be very friendly and knowledgeable.

welcome to topia pink  :biggrin:

#63 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

Hey there and welcome to Mycotopia! Make yourself at home. Feel free to tell us more about yourself, maybe your wants in the hobby, what brings you here, etc. :) We like getting to know every member.

Cheers!

zAnNMZt.jpg

Edited by sillyrabbitcubiesR4us, 28 May 2016 - 10:58 PM.

• wharfrat likes this

#64 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 788 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:44 PM

I am in the same boat being new here. I plan on growing some outdoor wood lovers how about you?  Regqards mjroom.

• wharfrat likes this

#65 hYpYz

hYpYz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:23 AM

I would like to start growing them from beginning to end so I know that It's my fault and not some low quality product I've bought.

I'm lazy as they come so I'll traverse this forum to look for the least work intensive way to grow them :D

Hey there! Welcome to Mycotopia!  Learning the life cycles of a mushroom is not only important in growing in general, but in understanding a lot about contaminants as well. For people who haven't grown much before, it is recommended that they start with the PF tek, because it's just the right mix of efficiency and foolproofness. I'm pretty noob, although now I'm a bulk noob, I still always have a round of BRF jars going because i can *rely* on them most of the time.

Also, if you want to get to know more people, start your own thread in the welcome mat. It'll help you pass your three post minimum to post in other forums and it'll get you more responses to your questions. Thanks for joining and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Dude...just googled pf tek and bfr jars....it just started to look a lot lot easier...can't wait to try this stuff out. I will read up on life cycles :D This stuff got me excited. All videos I've seen before look like a lot of work. I'm excited...have to go to work now though...:(

• CatsAndBats likes this

#66 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

Hi @pinkcherry! So many great monikers as of late! Welcome to the spot!

• sillyrabbitcubiesR4us likes this

#67 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:34 AM

I would like to start growing them from beginning to end so I know that It's my fault and not some low quality product I've bought.

I'm lazy as they come so I'll traverse this forum to look for the least work intensive way to grow them :D

Hey there! Welcome to Mycotopia!  Learning the life cycles of a mushroom is not only important in growing in general, but in understanding a lot about contaminants as well. For people who haven't grown much before, it is recommended that they start with the PF tek, because it's just the right mix of efficiency and foolproofness. I'm pretty noob, although now I'm a bulk noob, I still always have a round of BRF jars going because i can *rely* on them most of the time.

Also, if you want to get to know more people, start your own thread in the welcome mat. It'll help you pass your three post minimum to post in other forums and it'll get you more responses to your questions. Thanks for joining and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Dude...just googled pf tek and bfr jars....it just started to look a lot lot easier...can't wait to try this stuff out. I will read up on life cycles :D This stuff got me excited. All videos I've seen before look like a lot of work. I'm excited...have to go to work now though...:(

I would take the videos with a grain of salt, often a lil off. Welcome! Plenty of people on here to help along the way!

#68 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, don't let the videos scare you.. The first time you do it, it does seem like a lot of work, it seems tedious, and scary. But as with all things, after the first time of succeeding or two, you realize it's just a process of steps that make a lot of sense, braided with sterilization and sanitization.

#69 az9

az9

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

Welcome to mycotopia pink, I'm fairly new as well. I second the comment that is right above this one. I thought it was going to be crazy hard when I first started, but after a little time it started to come easier. It's a very fun, and rewarding hobby. The main thing is to be very patient, and don't give up. If you can do that, then you will do great. With that said, it can be pretty challenging, so good luck, and have fun.!.

#70 Redraginkoala

Redraginkoala

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:37 AM

Hey guys I've got a decent bit of experience when it comes to mushrooms but 0 with growing! I was going to start my first grow but vacation happened and now I wont be able to start it for at least another week, that being said when I get back I will keep you all updated on how it goes. This seems like a great community and I look forwarding to talking to all of you.

#71 Fancypores

Fancypores

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:58 AM

Im new here, just a voyager in a passage of time-space, willing to explore and learn from the shroom gurus here.

;)

• sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and mjroom like this

#72 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:11 AM

Hey guys I've got a decent bit of experience when it comes to mushrooms but 0 with growing! I was going to start my first grow but vacation happened and now I wont be able to start it for at least another week, that being said when I get back I will keep you all updated on how it goes. This seems like a great community and I look forwarding to talking to all of you.

Welcome! Sometimes it just means something to know that you grew what's going inside of you. Hey relax and enjoy your vacation while you can, all the info here will be waiting for you when you get back. We love seeing peoples grows and logs, so be sure to keep us updated. Have a good vacay!

Im new here, just a voyager in a passage of time-space, willing to explore and learn from the shroom gurus here.

;)

Welcome as well, Fancypores! good luck in your journey! There are many people here that are great to learn from.

#73 Redraginkoala

Redraginkoala

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

Welcome! Sometimes it just means something to know that you grew what's going inside of you. Hey relax and enjoy your vacation while you can, all the info here will be waiting for you when you get back. We love seeing peoples grows and logs, so be sure to keep us updated. Have a good vacay!

Thanks man its been pretty ok so far I'll definatley start a grow log once I start! :biggrin:

• sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and mjroom like this

#74 Shadow_Wing

Shadow_Wing

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

Welcome to Mycotopia.  I would normally take the time to welcome everyone individually, but I don't have any internet now, so I'm checking this at work. I used to share my neighbor's Wi-Fi, but they moved last week, so now I'm not connected.  :(

• wharfrat likes this

#75 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,658 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:52 PM

Welcome

Attached Thumbnails

• post-10514-138187599126.jpg

• wharfrat and mjroom like this

#76 Crash

Crash

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:31 PM

Hello all

I am an old member returning after several years away.

Looking to catch up on whats new and meet everyone as i return to growing.

#77 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

Welcome crash! And welcome all new members!

#78 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Hello all

I am an old member returning after several years away.

Looking to catch up on whats new and meet everyone as i return to growing.

Hey! We're glad to see you back! What are you looking into growing?

Also, as far as new stuff, the new monthly raffle was just introduced and it's a pretty great little package.

buvqzn7.png

Edited by sillyrabbitcubiesR4us, 04 June 2016 - 05:02 PM.

• coorsmikey and CatsAndBats like this

#79 az9

az9

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Welcome to all the new members, good luck on your projects, and have lots of fun.!.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#80 PieInTheSky

PieInTheSky

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:54 AM

Hello everyone, new member here and planning on starting my first solo grow (have had experience in the past helping friends)..   Hopefully all goes well XD

• CatsAndBats likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!