1218 replies to this topic

#1201 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,467 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

Welcome Floyd, it's about Damn time brother!!

You should reintroduce yourself as a new member since you've been gone so long.

allow-me-to-reintroduce-myself.jpg

• Ramble and Floydshaman like this

#1202 Ramble

Ramble

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:20 AM

Lol, your probably right. Life gets so busy unfortunately, but I will make more of an effort to be active on here.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#1203 WobblyPlague

WobblyPlague

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hey guys,
37 male Australian living in Canberra. Anyone else from around near me?
Any way, currently trying my first grow, but I don't think it is going too well. Lost two of my jars to contamination and I think the substrate may have gotten waterlogged during sterilisation...

#1204 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,447 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

I watched some gold-find documentaries lately which is the only reason I know where you are. I'm used to wide-open spaces like the one you're in but I'm north of the equator. 

Welcome. 

#1205 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,244 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

Hey guys,
Any way, currently trying my first grow, but I don't think it is going too well. Lost two of my jars to contamination and I think the substrate may have gotten waterlogged during sterilisation...

welcome to topia  :biggrin:

#1206 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 725 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

Hello everyone!  1st off thank you for the great community you have here, it's nice to see so many good people trying to educate and help each other! 

I am a complete newb to the mycology world, but i got into it for my wife.  She suffers through anxiety and depression bouts.  Smoking and consuming thc/cbd products has only gone so far.  She's finds it to work more like a band-aid, she'll feel down, vape be good for a few hrs then it's just right back.

So i'm definitely looking forward to learning about what strains of psilocybes work best for helping anxienty and depression.  More trying to stay away from strains that might send her down the rabbit hole.

So any input would be awesome and thank you ahead of time for everyone's help!

medicinal reshi would be a good mushroom to consider to start with. I am sure others will jump into the discussion. Welcome to both of you.

• Ramble likes this

#1207 Floydshaman

Floydshaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:29 AM

Lol thank you and yes... I'm quite over due! Got the PC rockin right now! Feels great! :D
  • Ramble and mrPete like this

#1208 Floydshaman

Floydshaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

I thought this was the intro your self part. I'll look around and properly introduced myself :) thanks Jigga haha
  • Ramble likes this

#1209 crazykid

crazykid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

Hi,
I believe I registered a long time ago. I would just like to say hello. I hope to make some friends, get advice, and give advice. Please have a great day
  • sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and mjroom like this

#1210 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

wanderess

• 618 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

Welcome, crazykid!

ZyE3Mej.png

#1211 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,244 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Lol thank you and yes... I'm quite over due! Got the PC rockin right now! Feels great! :D

Hi,
I believe I registered a long time ago. I would just like to say hello. I hope to make some friends, get advice, and give advice. Please have a great day

#1212 shrooms2017

shrooms2017

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

Hey guys,

Hi Wobbly,

Welcome here :)  Well me not in AU, from Philippines, but we are at least Southerners :) 

I too am at the growing stage, going to put a few into flowing today.  Had many failures, found out that some seeds soak up more water than others.  The seed that works the best for me here is Oats.  And if your able to put perlite or vermiculite at the bottom of the jars, that can keep any extra water away from the seed or substrate.

PLUS I always nearly just forget to put the tin foil over the jars before putting them into the pressure cooker.  First time I forgot the whole batch was soaking wet.

Good luck with your grows.  There was a youtuber that I was watching that is there in AU... let me get the link for you. youtube.com/channel/UCnoEnI26uROOb7xKWZhrOzA

He seems like a awesome guy to know.

Cheers

#1213 shrooms2017

shrooms2017

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

Hi,

Welcome here Crazykid. Yes lots of great people and information here on this website.  Where ever you are, Cheers

• mjroom likes this

#1214 AfricaDabMan710

AfricaDabMan710

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hey everybody, just popping in to say I am looking forward to this community and what it has to offer :) 

I am from South Africa and will pursing a bulk grow setup in my garage.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences with you guys and get some decent feedback from like minded individuals :) 

Excited to join the world of shroomery. 

Yours truly,
AfricaDabMan710

• Dr.Hallucination likes this

#1215 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Hello Mycotopia, new members and old.

#1216 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,404 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Hello Mycotopia, new members and old.

Welcome to Mycotopia Dr.Hallucination!

#1217 Bishchop

Bishchop

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:39 AM

Hi all. New to the forum but have grown 3 times previously (successful twice) with mycofarms. Now looking to start growing more regularly. I have been reading the pf tek and intended to start there unless anyone has a better suggestion?

#1218 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,467 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

Hi all. New to the forum but have grown 3 times previously (successful twice) with mycofarms. Now looking to start growing more regularly. I have been reading the pf tek and intended to start there unless anyone has a better suggestion?

So you've grown kits?

I love PF tek. Great place to start.

WELCOME!

#1219 Bishchop

Bishchop

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

Yep. 3 kits. All with golden teacher. Pretty sure the last one got contaminated, it turned yellowy and started to stink.
What about good strains to start with?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!