#1 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,339 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:31 AM

The original Ban Hua Thanon was created from spores obtained on one of two prints from this giant 5-inch diameter cube from 1998 on Koh Samui.  The Buddha is from Muang Boran Thailand in the early to mid 2000s.  

BuddhaShroomMuangBoran-1998-1.jpg

mjshroomer/man of knowledge

• Skywatcher, Heirloom , peacefrog and 2 others like this

#2 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,467 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:12 AM

Damn nice pic, MJ.
  • Heirloom likes this

#3 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,811 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

Do followers of Buddha use sacred mushrooms on occasion or certain sub sects use them.

I think many of us would like to here more about this topic and about the Buddha statue.

I am going to do a grow of Koh Samui very soon and any knowledge you are willing to share
would be interesting.

Thank you

#4 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

wanderess

• 587 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:42 PM

From what I've researched and learned in my journey, buddhas/buddhists dont/aren't supposed to use any mind altering substance, regarldess of how natural they are. I may be wrong, but I know this was a huge part of my study and played a giant role in my spiritual growth.

Edited by sillyrabbitcubiesR4us, 20 May 2016 - 12:43 PM.

• Heirloom likes this

#5 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 316 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

[Medicine and Alchemy in the Buddhist Tantras] Doctoral Dissertation University of Wisconsin-Madison

"A number of anthropologists, ethnologists, and ethnobotanists have documented the use of entheogens within the living traditions of Vajrayana practiced in Nepal and to a lesser extent Tibet and Bhutan.When these sources are taken together, their combined weight leaves little room for doubt that Vajrayana has had a well-documented tradition of making use of entheogenic plants (especially datura and cannabis) for magico-religious and psychospiritual purposes. While this use may never have been particularly widespread, it is certainly significant." http://vajrayana.fai...a Tradition.pdf

Emphasis mine

Red

Do followers of Buddha use sacred mushrooms on occasion or certain sub sects use them.

I think many of us would like to here more about this topic and about the Buddha statue.

I am going to do a grow of Koh Samui very soon and any knowledge you are willing to share
would be interesting.

Thank you

• Skywatcher and Heirloom like this

#6 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 388 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:55 PM

A note: Vajrayana is tantric Buddhism. That also has practices that sometimes use a sexual consort to achieve enlightenment. And even have initiations in which the practitioner must drink menstrual blood and semen. 

Knowing the above, I'm not surprised that they might have used entheogens as well. It's certainly much less probable that other sects of Buddhism engage with entheogens.

Edited by Guy1298, 19 June 2016 - 11:56 PM.

• Heirloom likes this

#7 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 316 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

A note: Vajrayana is tantric Buddhism. That also has practices that sometimes use a sexual consort to achieve enlightenment. And even have initiations in which the practitioner must drink menstrual blood and semen. 

Knowing the above, I'm not surprised that they might have used entheogens as well. It's certainly much less probable that other sects of Buddhism engage with entheogens.

Yes, I suppose I should of clarified the difference.  Different sects just like in any dogmatic religious institution, christianit, islam etc... but still, it is 'Buddhism' ;)

Maybe not the one most are familiar with...

Thanks for clarifying

#8 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,811 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:08 PM

Guy1298 I understand why you are scratching your head, we humans .

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!