#141 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,595 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:51 PM

I have been playing around with a box, hepa filter and a blower. I tested it with the flame test and incense then opened a sterile test tube of agar to see if it contaminates. If it does oh well it will still work to clean air until I build a larger model. After doing this little test model I am confident that I can build a flow hood that's lab grade.

here it is not much to look at, I threw it together, but it did show me how easy building one could be.

Attached Thumbnails

• AFLOW 001.JPG
  • AFLOW 002.JPG

• Spliff, Arathu and Needles like this

#142 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,102 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:45 AM

Awesome...........I have a test run coming up too....moving up..... :biggrin:

A

• Needles likes this

#143 Nsnail

Nsnail

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

Didn't want to post about this again but am a little worried
IMG_6449.JPG IMG_6448.JPG
At the top of the jar there are black specks followed by a little cobweb like formation going down into the jar. There were specks on the side that looks like it's starting to fruit but the myc ate them.

Should I mist with some dilute h2O2 or leave it be?

#144 Needles

Needles

locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 825 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

Didn't want to post about this again but am a little worried
attachicon.gifIMG_6449.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_6448.JPG
At the top of the jar there are black specks followed by a little cobweb like formation going down into the jar. There were specks on the side that looks like it's starting to fruit but the myc ate them.
Should I mist with some dilute h2O2 or leave it be?

Sorry to say but that is mold sporalating in that jar. It's not tricaderma but some other strain. I have had that on transfers I have made before. You can try H202 but I think it's to far gone for that. A major set back having to remove substrate and dispose of it. But regroup and try again.

It's hard to get reishi to fruit in the first place but keep tying as it is not impossible and can be done. Maybe try to increase your FAE with your next batch. Keep trying, you'll get it it.......
  • Arathu, Spooner, Microbe and 1 other like this

#145 Nsnail

Nsnail

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

Well darn there's a number of places it could have came from. I am using a bin with an open top for good fae. I forgot to clean the bin since the last grow. Also I thought it was losing humidity too quickly so I covered the top with a wal mart bag at one point. Likely one of those.

I just sprayed it and removed some of the thin growth. But I am convinced there's a large conk beginning to come out of the side...I pressed on it and it's solid. Maybe there's hope.

#146 Nsnail

Nsnail

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

IMG_6470.JPG
Still creeping out of the jar lid

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!