#1 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 04 June 2016 - 11:10 AM.

#2 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

[Direct Link]

• Zen_ likes this

#3 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:03 AM

Moved to Resist and Rebel. 

^^ That last vid was awesome. Craaaaazy shit mang.

• riseabovethought likes this

#4 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:19 AM

[Direct Link]

• riseabovethought likes this

#5 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

[Direct Link]

• ernestro and riseabovethought like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,913 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

I just recently found the movie, The Tailor of Panama, in a thrift store and viewed it for the first time.  This story brought it back to mind.  Searching the internet, I see I am not the only one.

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,913 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:13 PM

Sadly, down here at the street level, the most noticeable fallout will likely be that the cops will rationalize more civil forfeitures by seizing cash from the citizens at even smaller amounts, assuming your dollars to be evidence of criminal activities.    The Panama Papers leak could be, or have been, in the interests of greater control by the Control Freak Assholes division of the powers that are.   You don't suppose they have employed highly skilled hackers, do you?

• riseabovethought and sedaeng like this

#8 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

...You don't suppose they have employed highly skilled hackers, do you?

Of course!  this is the right hand saying 'lookie here, look at me.'  While the left hand is doing what?  It should be obvious that Western media outlets are State propaganda tools.  ANYTHING covered by these outlets should be suspect in their motivation for 'presenting' the news piece to you in the first place. 

Tax Havens for the rich is not news.  Its just a fact of life, so why ARE they covering it?  distractions distractions

• riseabovethought and MConchis like this

#9 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:07 PM

So, its all about that 30% tax rate versus paying 11%.  They do pay something but its less than half.  Seems like we should make our corporate tax rate somewhere -instead of 30% to be more like say...15-20%.  That way it wouldnt be worth all the trouble to sneak around in the shadows, plus they'd get 15-20% then, instead of 0.  And multiply that times 500,000 businesses and trillions of dollars currently lost to this madness.  & Keep in mind all that money was originally made off Americans in the first place before they could just send it overseas and hide the lion's share of their spoils. 

Edited by riseabovethought, 15 September 2016 - 03:25 PM.

• sedaeng likes this

#10 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

of course everyone wants 'no tax' and one could even argue the legality of the IRS and being taxed in the first place, but in 'reality' there will be taxes.  I for one am in favor of something like Russia's 'personal' flat tax rate of 13%.  Get rid of the loop holes, keep it simple... flat rate

USA

Corporate = 38.9%

personal = 39.6%

Russia

Corporate = 20%

personal = 13%

http://www.tradingec...income-tax-rate

• Juthro likes this

#11 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:46 PM

The main drawback of a flat tax is that it favors the rich.  If you're loaded, losing 13% of your gross income hurts a lot less than if you're making minimum wage.  The graduated tax leaves more to the poor because they need their money to eat and pay rent.  The rich pay more because they have benefited more and they aren't going to starve.

The 39.6% personal tax rate you cite is only for the top 1% of earners in the U.S.  In effect, it's lower for them because they derive more income from capital gains (stock) than any other bracket, and stock is taxed at a much lower rate.  On top of that they are more likely to have the know-how and capital to exploit loopholes.

63% of U.S. taxpayers pay a personal tax rate of 15% or less.

TAX BRACKETS.png

http://money.cnn.com...pf/income-rank/

Edited by Sidestreet, 15 September 2016 - 06:47 PM.

• riseabovethought and Juthro like this

#12 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:14 AM

63% of U.S. taxpayers pay a personal tax rate of 15% or less.

So, since recent estimates of households paying Federal taxes are around 45%...63% of 45% pay 15%... :unsure:

Edited by August West, 16 September 2016 - 02:15 AM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#13 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:16 AM

Now that's something I didn't know! 

An estimated 45.3% of American households — roughly 77.5 million — will pay no federal individual income tax, according to data for the 2015 tax year from the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan Washington-based research group. (Note that this does not necessarily mean they won’t owe their states income tax.)

Roughly half pay no federal income tax because they have no taxable income, and the other roughly half get enough tax breaks to erase their tax liability, explains Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center.

http://www.marketwat...-tax-2016-02-24

#14 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

Fuck, Im right in the middle getting screwed to the wall. The richest biggest companies who used to pay the lions share of taxes, are now paying 11% to a foreign country -no longer contributing that money (or a significant portion of that money) back to where its revenue came from, failing to re-invest properly, and effectively moving all that money out of our circulation- thereby putting all of our tax burden on whats left of the shrinking middle class- is Fucked up! and unsustainable.

I know a guy who says its good if you're paying taxes because it means you're making money.  Somehow that never made me feel much better for long.  It does make me feel better knowing that even these tax havens get 11% out of these fuckers.  & Even Putin -only taking 20%!  - Fascinating!    

I pay 25%, but I feel better about that now for some reason...but it often feels like treading water- I read somewhere 90% of earners live check to check, so if something close to that is true, and only 45% pay taxes at all...Seems to me like a tsunami is coming, for not lassooing that big corporate $$$ - back under control. I cant imagine how they could regain control of it now, without demanding they pay taxes here, if they make it here.  Its WAY too easy to get out of it; just change your headquarters to a PO box address in Panama. Thats madness.

Check this out, if you havent seen it.  Were Not Broke

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 16 September 2016 - 11:48 AM.

• Sidestreet and sedaeng like this

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,913 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:45 PM

Government:

of the people

by the corporations

for the rich

~Mort Sahl

• sedaeng likes this

#16 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:18 AM

Taxes are fines for doing things right. Fines are taxes for doing things wrong. In either case, where is all the money going? The more money you have the more you get and the less you have to pay. They don't call it a "wealth spiral" for nothing!

• Spooner likes this

#17 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

Well, this story made some waves at first, and fizzled out like all the rest of it.  No one even remembers The Panama Papers scandal and no one got in trouble an dthey're still doing it, just a little more carefully now.  Phew, close one.  Good thing the people have a short attention span & a short memory.  The 2008 economic recession was our fault too, for not holding those responsible, and so we're of course doomed to repeat it.  Again and again.   

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!