155 replies to this topic

#1 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:24 PM

Hi,
Was not sure if this belongs here or in botanicals but if wrong please move and accept my apologies please.
Following mainly Marsofolds tek which I originally found here:
http://tribes.tribe....1b-a46bbbc5d603
Lucky I found out it originated here. Some points where not clear and you have been very helpful here to fill in the missing spaces. Thanks for that. So here's my log of extracting 250 grams of mhrb that was done over the past two days.
250 grams of mhrb added to the crockpot<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" align="left" width="20%">1.jpg </td> <td class="alt1">
</td></tr></tbody> </table>White vinegar is added to distilled water to get a PH of 3:
2.jpg
This liquid is then added to the crockpot
3.jpg
Until all rootbark is wet and no dry klumps are left:

Staring for two hours at this:
7.jpg
Then filtering/draining:

Repeated this process two times. Two done, one more to go:
9.jpg
Trying to squeeze all liquid out of it after the last pull:
10.jpg
Continued next post because I dont know the attachment limit.

Attached Thumbnails

• 8.jpg
  • 8-1.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • 5.jpg

#2 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:34 PM

Right we got 2.5 liters so decided to cook it down to get a nice managable amount to play with:

Job done:
13.jpg

Basidification. Added 70 grams of lye to 500ml hot water. Goal ph 13.7 or as close as possible

We couldnt get it lower than 13? Added more water kind of defeating the purpose of the earlier cookdown. Gonna get some calibration fluid for my ph meter tomorrow but I'm pretty sure that one is good (calibrated one month ago).

Anyway, time to add 150ml of naptha, a little more than expected yield:

16.jpg

We then heated the naptha by first heating up a big pan with some water and then holding part of the naptha container in that. I;m not sure if it should be heated more for best results.

Now we had a messy situation. Because we had been adding much more base as anticipated, we ended up with three containers. What we did was put 150 ml of naptha in one container. Mixed that very good. Sucked off the naptha and put it in the second. Etc on the third. Eventually we ended up with this liquid:

19.jpg

Which looks like this after a few hours in the freezer:

endresult1.jpg

Final results and weight hopefully tomorrow. We are intending to filter the naptha tomorrow morning and do two more pulls on the extraction with it to make sure we didnt miss anything.

Cheers
HC

Attached Thumbnails

• 17.jpg
  • 18.jpg
  • 15.jpg
  • 14.jpg
  • 11.jpg
  • 12.jpg

#3 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

ok i know this might sound retarted but where do you get lye from? i can get everythiung else to make the dmt but no idea how to acquire any lye. thanks. also great post very detailed thank you.

#4 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,405 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:54 PM

Certian drain cleaners are made of 100% lye.
Also known as sodium hydroxide.

#5 Guest_GratefulOne_*

Guest_GratefulOne_*

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:54 PM

lye = NaOH = sodium hydroxide = roebic brand drain crystals (Lowes) = red devil (old recipe)

Potassium hydroxide will work, also.. (aka KOH)

#6 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:56 PM

damn that is kewl shit. gonna give this a go than. thanks alot:teeth:

#7 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:07 PM

:headbang: great pics

#8 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:40 AM

Yes very nice pic and write up, I even say archive material when it is finished.

#9 Pedestrian

Pedestrian

Dreamspace Transient

• Expired Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:35 AM

Wow.... Such a nice write up I almost felt like I was there. :bow:

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what the final weight is.

#10 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:20 AM

Thanks for the replies.
This is still the first naptha wash. Filtered:
endres2.jpg
The filtered naptha is going to be used for two more pulls tonight.

#11 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:00 AM

moved to botanicles/entheogens

great write up mang...:headbang:

i second what i_am_me said...:D

definitly some good material...

#12 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:18 AM

Damn my friend just mentioned that the crystals in that filter paper seem to have melted ?? This sucks, especially since I am not able to check for myself for 6 more hours :(

Edit: Please someone who knows, last picture shows the crystals, appearently they have all gone through the coffee filter?

Any idea?

Edit2: I'm not a chemist but is it possible we have been overbasidifying and what we see where not dmt crystals but some leftover lye? Seems unlikely but...

Edit 3:

I think what happened is the following:

I poured through the naptha when it was cold. Then I left for work while naptha was still in the filter. This most likely warmed up and took the crystals.

Next try tonight.

#13 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:39 AM

good luck...;)

#14 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:22 AM

bummer,
can they be re-captured or is it lost ?

#15 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:30 AM

They can be recaptured, no problem, I catched the naptha in the same container that I put in the freezer to theoretically, all the goodies should have come down in that container since they just dissolved again cause of the naptha warming up. We put it back in the freezer, will update in a few hours when I get home.

At least I HOPE they can be recaptured ;)

#16 TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:27 AM

Damn my friend just mentioned that the crystals in that filter paper seem to have melted ?? This sucks, especially since I am not able to check for myself for 6 more hours :(
Edit: Please someone who knows, last picture shows the crystals, appearently they have all gone through the coffee filter?
Any idea?
Edit2: I'm not a chemist but is it possible we have been overbasidifying and what we see where not dmt crystals but some leftover lye? Seems unlikely but...
Edit 3:
I think what happened is the following:
I poured through the naptha when it was cold. Then I left for work while naptha was still in the filter. This most likely warmed up and took the crystals.
Next try tonight.

try a cup style coffee filter (flat bottom). much more surface area so the naptha will go though very fast and not have time to heat up and melt the crystals.
OR do your freeze precipitation in a glass baking pan covered with plastic wrap instead of a jar. when its ready, lift one edge of the plastic wrap and pour the naptha out carefully, leaving the crystals in the pan. You can pour it thru a filter if you want just incase you accidentally pour out some crystals. then re-cover the pan and let it sit till it reaches room temperature, then remove the plastic wrap and allow it to sit until the crystals dry.

BTW how much lye did you use? or did you add lye until it got to a certain PH?

#17 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:36 AM

Nice tip. Going to get a pyrex baking dish this afternoon.

BTW how much lye did you use? or did you add lye until it got to a certain PH?

A lot. About 100 grams and we didnt get PH under 13. Maybe its because we cooked down the extraction from 2.5 liters to .5. Not sure. Extraction seems to have gone but I dont know for sure until I've done all the naptha washes and weighted.

#18 TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:52 AM

A lot. About 100 grams and we didnt get PH under 13. Maybe its because we cooked down the extraction from 2.5 liters to .5. Not sure. Extraction seems to have gone but I dont know for sure until I've done all the naptha washes and weighted.

that doesnt sound right. when dealing with a smaller volume of liquid, it takes a much smaller amount of lye to basify. and vinegar boils at the same temperature as water so the acidity will remain the same.

in the regular marsofold tek, when you are working with around a gallon of liquid you only use 70 grams and that is supposed to get it to around 13.4.

its possible your PH meter has a hard time with high PH's, I've heard of that before.

so most likely you overbasified. by alot. that shouldnt be a big deal tho. in fact, that may be why it looks like you got such a good yeild.

just wash the stuff with ammonia and it will be fine.

#19 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:56 AM

So if there is too much lye, it will show as crystals also?

#20 TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:59 AM

So if there is too much lye, it will show as crystals also?

what do you mean?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!