• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:17 PM

Yes thanks, I was considering doing that and do remember your advice on that :)

#142 TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:29 PM

yea man, after dissolving and separating from the goo (you'll probably still get some this time) use a jar with a few holes in the lid and just put it somewhere cool and dry and leave it alone for a few days.

BTW that 3.6g was from how much bark?

#143 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:33 PM

Between 170 and 190 grams . Amazing he.

Edit: Ouch, I made a typo, not 3.6 but 2.6. I started out with 3 grams.

#144 beebopboy

beebopboy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:43 PM

About how much did all of this cost ya? including all the supplies for the extraction.

Ive always been curious about this DMT junk but have always ended up growing the shrooms or munchin the cacti.

Is this really worth the price, whatever it is?

#145 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:24 AM

I've calculated that using this quality bark 1 gram of DMT costs me around 14 euro ($16 somethng). This is including distilled water, vinegar, lye and naptha.

#146 entheobhakta

entheobhakta

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:22 AM

About how much did all of this cost ya? including all the supplies for the extraction.

Ive always been curious about this DMT junk but have always ended up growing the shrooms or munchin the cacti.

Is this really worth the price, whatever it is?

How to answer such a question?
"DMT junk"?

*sigh*

*someone hold me back*

Depends on what you, yourself, are all about bbboy; what matters to you, what you are looking for, what you really (REALLY) are wanting that brings you to hallucinogens.

Given the silly slang and naive nature of the question, would you have people here conclude that you are "all like, just lookn t get really fkd-up as easy as ya can....man"?

Or?

How much work did it take you to learn to walk, talk, use a computer, drive a car....etc? Was it worth it? The doors that those abilities opened for you....valuable?

Either you have not read any of the leading thought/thinkers in our psychedelic community or,.... I don't know what "or".

Sure others here can/will be sweeter with you and go on and on why they think it is worth it, why you should do it and why you will like it, etc... but the very nature of your question calls me to question giving you too simple of an answer.

I'm just one guy and so please chat around and read up. MY answer is that it is SUPREMELY "worth it" IF YOU ARE READY. And if you are not ready DMT, like saliva for example, will kick your ego's ass so bad that the next post we get from your poetic keyboard will be "... how like totally fuckkn lame! i like went through all this bllshit chem shit that they had me do there and finally loaded up my bowl at the next party/chance, right and like ...with this waxy orange shit just falling out of my bong bowl just fkkn torched the fkkr and jesus what a freek show...donnt even remember 1/2 the fkkn shit.... stick to shroomn bro's easier to get fkkd-up n party down n junk".

When Leary, Ott, Strassman, Mckenna, Weil, Pinchbeck, Shulgin...... all point towards NNDMT as one of "...THE MOST INTENSE EXPERIENCES A HUMAN BEING CAN HAVE THIS SIDE OF THE YAWING GRAVE..." would you let a post or two here telling you "naw man, it like some lame hippy shit that bored dopers use as an excuse to kill time doing-up elaborate posts about n shit" steer you away?

On the odd chance that you are really sincerely approaching the power, mystery and magic this realm holds in a responsible (if not simply novice) way but it just doesn't come through in the way you write, please start with reading up on both what Erowid and deoxy have on NNDMT and then, when up to speed and (a bit more humble?) come back here for the great camaraderie and technical support in getting INto this.

Sorry if this came off harsh and you didn't deserve it.
Not sorry if this helped you take a look at how you are approaching the whole matter of psychedelics in terms of your respect of the allies, teachers, doors they can be.

Signed,
notusuallysogrumpy

#147 kija.

kija.

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:08 PM

Or look into Ayahuasca wich last much much longer but has a teacher (maoi) plant combination.(only if your serious)

Read alot.

#148 mycot

mycot

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:23 PM

Proof of the pudding lies in the eating. Only you can judge for yourself alone.
It is unique. :rasta:

#149 beebopboy

beebopboy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:30 PM

what a naive answer to my question. :laser:

Get up off your pedistal dude.

Your putting words in my mouth and completely making me subject to your hatred of ignorant stoners.

Do you think that since youve done DMT a number of times that means you understand something profound about life that someone asking 'was it was worth it' could never understand?

A little respect can go a long way. You dont know shit about me or what im "ready" for. 3 lines cant tell you much about a person.

BTW you make it seem like im askin "is it worth it" towards just plain 'how much will it fuck you up.' No, in the whole three lines i dont know how much more simply it could be stated. Price + work : yeild. You dont need to go on a rant taking my words out of context and fitting them into a personna you dont agree with.

Ive been working at this hobby for years now. I do what i do with respect. I dont dose and party, thats not what im after. jeez

*sigh*

Maybe one day i'll have done enough DMT to be as knowledgeable as my idol entheobhakta. He's such a smart guy! :love:

#150 beebopboy

beebopboy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:33 PM

Ah that felt good.

Sorry to go off topic tho.

Thanks DutchDude :thumbup:

Happy trails

#151 entheobhakta

entheobhakta

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:19 AM

**sorry google toolbar interface fuck-up**
***see next post***

#152 entheobhakta

entheobhakta

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:25 AM

what a naive answer to my question
===> might not have been as flowing with your comment as you would have wished or deserved, but "naive" no. Since we don't know each other here beyond our posts (usually/mostly) then what you post is as much "you" here as anything.

So then just stand in my/our shoes here and look back at your whole presentation: titties & computer components as avatar, dumb lingo and trying to be too "casual" about something a community here, deserving of respect, holds as deeply valuable (obviously "worth it n shit")..and the few lines you do use to be known and call for information earns you edgy come back by someone who lives to help qualifited others get all dialed-in, each in their own way, to approaching this mystery with "success" (however they define it).

Hoping others will read your choice, among all other descriptors available to you, of the term "junk" (usually reserved in drug speak for street grade heroine and other such destructive chem's) in some best possible light (like....hmm, nope...can't) is putting the responsibility to communicate the respect you're going on to claiming here on the other. YOU are the writer. We are the readers. Own your own laziness that leaves such dramatic room for misunderstanding. Ok, then... now with all attention on you bro: which honorary interpretation would have had us make of your choice of speech there in your last post, when now by your clearly demonstrated capacity to try to tear me a new one, for being so frank, we all know you CAN speak very understandably when you so choose.?

Get up off your pedistal dude.
===> right on. sorry for any misperception of superiority my frustration with your lame phrasing dished out. that's for me to discipline within myself and to show you as much love and understanding as i can. and im human and your post felt insulting so i went off. sorry. you're right to call me on that which was off. now i call you to address the value of the content in my communication.... i have PM's confirming that something there was ON target. If we could start-over anew now, i would ask YOU to look again and own what was off or sloppy about your original delivery.

its up to you.

Your putting words in my mouth and completely making me subject to your hatred of ignorant stoners.
===> for sure. if i had allowed a bit of cooling-out time i could have easily phrased that better so as to not lay that ON you but to at least own that that is how your orig Q came across. again, fair enough. thanks for reflecting that and not taking back any "shit" that isn't your own.

;))

Do you think that since youve done DMT a number of times that means you understand something profound about life

===> yes, and only by the grace of the mystery of its own power to reveal as well as a life of conscious evolution that has prepared me to know how to surrender and all that depth of revelation....NOT that it says something profound about "me" as a separate ordinary fucking joe, no not at all but that it DOES use the humble sensorium of the truly prepared and honoring hominid to unfurl its cosmic revelation.....a revelation that DOES say SOMEthing so profound, so extreme, so amazing about the nature of NATURE that sure, it transforms even an ordinary asshole like me. The process of those revelations translating into a more sociable personality and conversationalist (or forum poster) is, as you have seen/suffered, a work in progress.

;))..... dig it.

that someone asking 'was it was worth it' could never understand?
===> no, just that the "someone"z who are usually "asking" using the kind of seemingly unconscious slacker vernacular that you were tossing out, when combined with a question of such profound (for so many of us here) import, it usually signals that they are not really prepared, imho, to make good use of the true depth/value of the entheogenic revelation/possession/transport/communion.

Can you hear me here?

A little respect can go a long way.
===> indeed!, as would a bit of self-reflection and contrition on your part for how you post, but "respect" like "love" can be shown in a bunch of ways, no? The kind of respect you seem to prefer, if running in me as a definition set, would have had me just shake my head and blow you off. Would you, in light of all that is coming to clarity here through our discussion, now say that that would have been a more valuable or "respectful" outcome?

You dont know shit about me or what im "ready" for.

===> especially if i discount your only comment, right? You choose what you show bro....but remember then its what the others "know".

3 lines cant tell you much about a person.

===> all the more reason to make those 3 lines count, eh?

Look, I've traveled this entire planet and met with many "teachers", "knowers" and "experts" (some charlatans some saints, some idiots and some geniuses) and every time there was any meeting of true value it was because people approached the teacher or substance or ritual or event with deepest respect: how one moves, acts, speaks, breathes...it all communicates and therefore creates its effects (either opens doors or closes them).

Translate your same question into Hindi when asking a revered agent of a Soma-Shaman/Saddhu (someone you've traveled far enough to really care to see, meet, learn from who holds the keys to a doorway perhaps mission critical to your forward evolution)...ask them your question you posted your way and the guy instantly knows nothing, smiles and sends you on your way: no questions, no second chance, he saw your dilletantish approach and for your health and for the protection of the sacred space he tends and protects just handed you an "F" in the test of your right approach.

So here its different, in the profane "west" (and therefore in our forums), and maybe great that it is so. But it does not make the illusion of familiarity that that gen-x lost slacker speech style (the insecurity and teenage angst driven speaking style that makes everything its its "bud" "dude" in a helpless attempt to hide the pain of having been raised with no wisdom, no connection to authentic earth-centered spirituality, etc. etc...) any less effective in draining the magic and value from such a profound domain of human experience.

Whether any of that addresses you where you are really at or not is for you to know. We only knows what you here showz.

Ya know?

BTW you make it seem
===> i would suggest that you let it be allow to not only "seem" but be the most likly interpretation of your short radom Q.

like im askin "is it worth it" towards just plain 'how much will it fuck you up.' No, in the whole three lines i dont know how much more simply it could be stated. Price + work : yeild. You dont need to go on a rant taking my words out of context and fitting them into a personna you dont agree with.
===> ok ok.... so i was riled-up and took my point too far. again, sorry.

Ive been working at this hobby for years now. I do what i do with respect. I dont dose and party, thats not what im after. jeez
===> glad to hear it . then i feel certain that the next reply from you will be, in that equally respectful manner, fully of you owning what was there in your post that could easily be read as banal, inattentive, dumb.

*sigh*

Maybe one day i'll have done enough DMT to be as knowledgeable as my idol entheobhakta. He's such a smart guy
===>

.....let's it slide.

#153 Elf Salvation

Elf Salvation

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

I need to look at all this closer.

Mods please archive:eusa_clap

Dutch dude I know why your exctraction is yellowish. You do the extraction having it heated. Right?. Like Dead head's is nice and white cause he seperated at room temp.

I like how you extract mang. I use heat but also defat with toluene or xylene while having solution hot.

Follow?

#154 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:07 AM

That sounds right Elf Salv. I have one petri dish with real white powder which was extracted at room temp so it makes sense.

Gonna try a defat on next round.

#155 Dutchdude

Dutchdude

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:46 AM

Good to be back AGAIN...

Wondering where to get Xylene in Holland. I found some thinner that has Xylene in it but some other stuff as well.

Xylene is needed for defat right?

#156 shamania

shamania

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:25 AM

Freakin awesome thread.. Beginner here.. followed much above and had amazing results. Keep rocking gang!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!