• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

Not started this experiment yet, one my first steps is getting a clone going. then i will be taking my substrate mixture and inoculating it with lacto serum or kefir whey or making bokashi bucket,

or starting bokashi bucket and ferment the sub mixture, then when done in about 2 months pull it out see what the ph is and adjust the ph if needed, then pasteurize and then spawn.

the idea is the lacto will break the substrate down a lil bit and then the mushrooms will have more available nutrients as well as enzymes and vitamins to use.

after i see how that does i have an idea to try some of it with out pasteurization, which i do noit see it going good but who knows.

another thing i have wondered about is culturing actinomyeces and innocing substrate with it.

Edited by coorsmikey, 02 September 2016 - 03:34 AM.

• Hash_Man likes this

#2 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

what about a compost pile outside for your substrate material? Waylitjim mentioned using Scotts Nature Scapes Mulch with superb results able to colonize in half the time of hardwood substrates such as Alder and that the Nature Scapes are partially composted for 3 - 4 months. I also expect that the natural water based colorant used in Nature Scapes acts as an addition easy to extract fast food source for the mycelium. regards mjroom.

https://mycotopia.ne...over-substrate/

#3 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:09 PM

my intention is to do this to straw, and horse poo for cubensis or pans. but when i get down the road and working with wood based substrates i may ferment them 2 if it prove positive benefit for the dung lovers.

where i live i cannot have a compost pile so i am trying other ways to predigest the food for the mushies i am growing. 

naturescapes sounds like great stuff for wood lover beds,  in the scope of my experiment it is for dung based substates

the benefits of fermentation for humans i would think would be the same for fungi, more vitamins, enzymes, and minerals.

Edited by Phungivore, 17 June 2016 - 07:10 PM.

• mjroom likes this

#4 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,122 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

Kool Phung . . I personally think your on to something man.

BTW good seeing ya, been a little while.

#5 outoforder

outoforder

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

well nice!

i got no experience in that...

but it sounds like a lot work, that some shrooms grow on shit.... or composted shit... however...

for example cowshit is really broken down (weeds,spices,whatever) by the cows themselves....

no need for further fermentation or whatever...

another thing it is with fresh or dried weeds, straw, wood,... nutients ... this would be interesting...

go on !

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!