#1 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

Well, after carefully reading all the posts here on salvia, I finally got to a state where it is still legal and acquired a gram of 5x. I had read that some pretty profound things can happen but these ridiculous multiplied doses may just not be a good idea, and the post of that video also implied that caution should be exercised.

As it turns out, this was a wise decision.

I first tried it at the beach, but as said before, this stuff takes you to alien places so far removed from where you are, I truly wonder if set and setting matter much.

First trip, 2 small bowls smoked in rapid succession. Just as I put the rough tip of the water bottle to my lips, the feeling of that rough plastic seemed to stretch out and envelope my body. I was looking at two girls walking in the distance, one with lime green shirt, the other with maroon. The two colors stretched and formed balloon like shapes that seemed to just buzz with vibrations. No words just these vibrations. That lasted about 10 minutes at most and then I was out. Very introspective feeling afterwards.

Second trip about 4 hours later back at home sitting on my bed. 1 medium bowl.

Okay, this was intense! Everything formed into 1930s style cartoonish looking characters that seemed to plod with that weird cadence you see in those old cartoons. Then everything split into hotdog like tubes layered or stacked on one another. That is the thought that was in my head "your all a bunch of hot dogs". Then everything became like thick dripping paint on metal, the same cartoonish characters plodding through the paint goo. Now repeating over and over "this is what it is".

Very weird, and very alien to any trip I have ever been on. Closest thing to this was DMT because of how it came on then ended, but beyond that the similarities end. They are nothing at all alike experientially.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 18 June 2016 - 06:39 PM.

• Sidestreet, prof_it_e, Coopdog and 5 others like this

#2 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,452 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

Salvia 6x extract was my first introduction to anything other than cannabis and kratom. I thoroughly enjoyed the other-worldy experience, but man was it odd as fuck.

The first time I tried it outside on a cold windy night in March I saw a black hole vortex thing open up in the sky and I felt this rhythmic pulling sensation on the left half of my body. I then began to see the left part of my body digitize and get sucked up into the sky into that black hole. I knew I had to get inside and then I felt it pulling me again.

You know how in cartoons the characters will be holding onto something and get sucked away by something, making their bodies parallel to the ground? When I passed by the basement door I had to cling to the doorknob for safety and it was just like that. Crazy stuff.

• Heirloom and SteampunkScientist like this

#3 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

Yeah it get what your saying Cat, I noticed in your post as well as many others that rhythmic or pulsating bit, or repetition of phrases. I wonder why this seems to be something that always occurs.

#4 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:18 PM

So my question is, what does 5x or 20x or 45x really mean? Does it really mean 30 times as powerful as plain leaf? And how is it extracted exactly so that these claims can be made. Frankly would not be surprised if the potency differentiation was not quite that exact

#5 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 625 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:21 PM

thanks for posting. You might consider the traditional method of chewing on a quid or you could take grown leaf and extract the juice with a wheat grass juicer and hold it in your mouth for 20 minutes. I am told that using a menthol base mouth wash helps you to absorb the active chemical in the leaf juice. apparently any of the menthol based washes work just soak with the wash then take your juice. The onset is slower than smoking but it lasts longer.

I am in the process of growing some sd myself. Again thanks for posting, regards mjroom.

Edited by mjroom, 19 June 2016 - 09:27 PM.

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

I'd much rather have my own homegrown but I can't find any cutting distribution to my state where it's no longer legal. I may have to take a trip in a car somewhere to get it that way. Still, I glad for another tool in the old consciousness toolbox.
  • mjroom likes this

#7 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,460 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

yes, 5x, 10x, 20x, etc. are that multiple stronger than plain leaf.......

And nothing compares to personal extractions of this crazy plant.....IMO.....I've had store bought 100x, and it was comparable to my personal 10x extract....

acetone is the solvent used most of the time.....

if you were to take ten grams of plain leaf, soak it in acetone for a few minutes, then strain off the solvent into another vessel. you have a 10x extract.  put a gram of regular leaf in the solvent and allow the solvent to evaporate, you now have a 10x gram of salvia.....hope that helps....

Also, a long soak is not required when extracting, as the goodies you are seeking(salvinorin A) are coating the outside of the leaf....

As far as experience, lol, there seems to be a common pressure or force pushing you to one side or the other, as well as the feeling of gravity distortion(the ceiling becomes the wall, the floor becomes the ceiling, etc.)  and of course, that feeling of being folded up, which I think is possibly caused by the wooshing/clanging sound in the ears.

I've smoked alot of salvia :)

Edited by fungi2bwith, 19 June 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#8 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:45 PM

Thanks Fung. That clears things up considerably. And considering how much the stores charge I'm betting home grown is so much better (and healthier) not to mention cheaper.

Acetone gives me pause as an extractor however as it is a known carcinogen, so I would want to be absolutely sure of 100% evap on that.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 19 June 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#9 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 625 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

you might want to grow some SD and try the traditional method of chewing a Quid for 20 - 30 minutes (no swallowing). Supposed to help if you give your mouth a brush with menthol mouth wash and then soak for 10 min with menthol wash. Something in the menthol acts as a solvent for the SD active chemical and enhances absorption. Comes on slower but lasts much longer (hours). I have just started to grow some SD myself> good luck and thanks for posting. Regards mjroom.

#10 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

I would like to do that MJ, I think the trip might be more natural. Also possibly vape the pure extract instead of combusting it.

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:45 AM

I first tried it at the beach, but as said before, this stuff takes you to alien places so far removed from where you are, I truly wonder if set and setting matter much.

Not to the trip itself, but the setting definitely matters as far as your personal safety while in a dissociative state is concerned.

A youtube video of a couple who smoked it in their apartment comes to mind; the guy eventually crawls through some mini-blinds and right out the window (it's hilarious, frankly). Eventually he comes back in through the door looking a little dazed and probably feeling glad he only lived on the second floor (bet he felt a bit sore the next day...).

My experiences with it have been profoundly different when I've smoked it in total darkness vs. a setting where I can see anything. I can see a high potential for wandering around while peaking on it while totally unaware of what I'm doing, but that only became an issue when the lights were on or I could otherwise see my surroundings (even though I was not able to consciously perceive what my eyes were seeing thanks to the dissociative state I was in).

In total darkness, I only wandered in my mind while my body stayed put, and every time I came back to consensus-reality I was utterly shocked to still be laying in my bed. I suppose that a lack of visual cues prevents the part of our mind that makes us get up and wander from being able to orient itself and navigate our body around and so IMO total darkness is the safest way to explore it by oneself (and having a trip-sitter would be prudent for high-dose, lights-on experiences). That, and my total-darkness salvia trips have been among the craziest, freakiest, and most downright intense psychedelic experiences I've ever had.

But anyway, while in a dissociative state it appears that anything we can't consciously perceive simply doesn't exist as far as we're concerned, and that includes things like doorknobs and windows (or staircases, fireplaces, swimming pools, traffic, etc.). After all, you can't wander outside if you don't know that doors (or windows) exist!

I went ahead and found that video... This is an edited version so it's only ~2minutes (the original is a bit longer):

[Direct Link]

• Heirloom , SteampunkScientist and AwolMind like this

#12 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:57 AM

Thanks TV, I read all of your stuff about SD before I even tried this, and yes...that video gave me pause for sure.

Well, last night I tried it one more time while sitting outside staring at the moon (which was full or almost full, I didn't check).

Holy shit!

First bowl: lots of red and green waves coming off the pine trees, and I watched as a beautiful woman made of clouds caressed the moon with her long fingers. That was it.

When the trip ended, I wondered to myself "if the effects were cumulative or if there would be tolerance"

Answer: definitely cumulative!

I did another smaller bowl.

Bam! Suddenly everything was bright purple and reality itself seemed like plastic wrap that was being forcefully torn off. On one side (right) I could see where I was in the now purple moonlight, on the left side the plastic was peeled and I was looking into a space like void! I could hear a woman's voice calling me, very motherly, at first I thought it was my mom and she was going to find out what I was doing! I panicked and grabbed my stuff (dont know how) and ran back into the house and hid in my bed (still seeing space on the left side and reality on my right). After a few minutes the intensity subsided and I realized I had heard the voice of the entity behind SD.

So yeah, full darkness, preferably with padding...and ground level.

That was freaking wild!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 20 June 2016 - 11:59 AM.

• prof_it_e likes this

#13 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,460 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

Thanks Fung. That clears things up considerably. And considering how much the stores charge I'm betting home grown is so much better (and healthier) not to mention cheaper.

Acetone gives me pause as an extractor however as it is a known carcinogen, so I would want to be absolutely sure of 100% evap on that.

Acetone is not a carcinogen.....

@Steampunk, google acetone......

you should get something like this....

Acetone has been studied extensively and is generally recognized to have low acute and chronic toxicity if ingested and/or inhaled.[42] Acetone is not currently regarded as a carcinogen, a mutagenic chemical or a concern for chronic neurotoxicity effects.[41]

Acetone can be found as an ingredient in a variety of consumer products ranging from cosmetics to processed and unprocessed foods. Acetone has been rated as a generally recognized as safe (GRAS) substance when present in beverages, baked foods, desserts, and preserves at concentrations ranging from 5 to 8 mg/L.[42]

Acetone is believed to exhibit only slight toxicity in normal use, and there is no strong evidence of chronic health effects if basic precautions are followed

Acetone is produced and disposed of in the human body through normal metabolic processes. It is normally present in blood and urine. People with diabetes produce it in larger amounts. Reproductive toxicity tests show that it has low potential to cause reproductive problems. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children have higher levels of acetone.[16]Ketogenic diets that increase acetone in the body are used to counter epileptic attacks in infants and children who suffer from recalcitrant refractory epilepsy.

So methinks acetone is probably one of the safest solvents one could use......

But the above info does not give way to carelessness in performing extractions.  As stated, complete evaporation is the desired end result...

Edited by fungi2bwith, 20 June 2016 - 01:12 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#14 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

Thank you Fung, the reason I thought it was (and I really should have researched it better) is that we used to spray each other in college with it because it's so cold when you get it on your skin. The professor told us it was carcinogenic. Now I guess he was just saying that to get us to quit fooling around!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 20 June 2016 - 01:36 PM.

• Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#15 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,560 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:45 PM

The professor told us it was carcinogenic.

In all fairness, he was probably from California.

I think that most things (no mater how mundane, or inert elsewhere) can cause cancer in California.

(jk)

:)

Edited by Juthro, 20 June 2016 - 03:30 PM.

• fungi2bwith, Discretion and SteampunkScientist like this

#16 prof_it_e

prof_it_e

(Pie).

• OG VIP
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:31 AM

Any effects on your dreams a while, for a while after going under with the Lady..?

#17 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

When the trip ended, I wondered to myself "if the effects were cumulative or if there would be tolerance"

Answer: definitely cumulative!

I've read that it exhibits a reverse tolerance, which I would definitely agree with. So the more you consume, the less you need to achieve the same result. I've never consumed any concentrated extracts (just "1X" leaf, I suppose) and after my experiences with it (especially in light of the reverse-tolerance effect) I have absolutely no interest in taking a concentrated dose (even a "mere" 2X).

And once developed, it doesn't seem to wear off. I measure the time between my salvia experiences in years, and even after I hadn't smoked any for ~8 years, it only took about a half to two-thirds as much to get to the same place I got to all those years before (which was outside the Universe after I fell through a black hole), and it was loaded from the exact same old stash of straight leaf. So the potency lasts a long time, too.

I once berated some dipshit clerk working at a smoke shop through my friend's phone (on speaker) when my friend called me from the shop for advice about some stuff he was getting ready to buy. When I realized what was going on, I was mostly diplomatic and tried to inform the clerk of the error of his ways and not dog-cuss him or insult his intelligence; not sure it made any difference but if we don't take care of our own scene by addressing ignorance and negligence when we encounter it then the legal climate surrounding it will never relax.

Anyway, my friend had remembered a story I'd told of a crazy experience I'd had and he wanted to see if what he was buying was the right stuff. The clerk only told him that it was a "high-quality, legal herbal product" or some such lawyer-speak (gee, thanks for being so helpful and informative! With clearly-inexperienced customers being sent out the door as poorly-informed as that about what is gram-for-gram the most potent plant hallucinogen known to man, it's no wonder it got banned in so many places, grrr...).

When he read the package to me, it turned out to be a bag of 50X Salvia concentrate. "Wait, uh... did you just say 50?!?" :eek: 

FWIW, my friend was NOT into the kinds of deep, hyper-intense psychedelic experiences that can change who we think we are in an instant that feels like a lifetime (or vice-versa). Quite the opposite; he likes to drop a 5-strip of blotter and go to a big football game with 100,000+ other people while occasionally listening to the Dead on his headphones (he's not a particularly close friend, lol). A 50X Salvia trip may well have flipped his shit permanently, and/or left him with a raging case of PTSD. He very well could have tried it during a football game (the horror...). I mean hey, it's legal!

Giving people like that those kinds of drugs without properly informing them about what to expect is every bit as bad as slipping someone a drug without their knowledge or consent. I know a couple who instantly and permanently severed all ties with a longtime friend of many years after he'd loaded them both a massive bong hit of "legal weed" that turned out to be 10X Salvia. The asshole then proceeded to laugh his ass off at them as they writhed around on the couch and mumbled incoherently (after suddenly being paralyzed by an overwhelming degree of visceral terror that they never saw coming).

Salvia flips my shit pretty hard even at 1X strength, and I know what to expect and consciously embrace it once every 5-10 years or so but I sure as hell wouldn't want to get taken by surprise by it and can't imagine how traumatic it was for that couple.

All that said, I still greatly value the perspective my experiences with it have given me, but in a way that's similar to how I feel about a number of highly-educational near-death experiences I've had. I mean the "Holy shit, I almost just got killed! I'll never sneak up behind a grizzly bear and slap it on the ass before running away ever again!" kind of educational near-death experience, not the "I died on the operating table for a few minutes and saw the Light but I came back!" kind.

• prof_it_e and SteampunkScientist like this

#18 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

Excellent post TV! And thanks for confirming my suspicions about the reverse tolerance of SD. I have to agree wholeheartedly with you. When I was mentioning "bowls", I want everyone to know I'm talking very tiny bowls smoked in a palm pipe. Less than a thimble full. I cannot even imagine what a 50x of this stuff would be like after my last plastic wrap reality peel! Oh my Goddess that is beyond stupid. Here I am, after only 3 trips with no desire to do it again at least for awhile.

I have to say the mushies are real teachers in comparison. Salvia? I think she would kiss you, then toss you off the ship into the deep ocean while laughing at you. The sheer alien-ness of the experience, the weird mouth feel that and reverberating buzzing thumping sounds, the fact that the two halves of your brain operating in different realities at the same time.

It's much more difficult to learn in that space.

By the way, when I mentioned in my previous trip about feeling like my mother was calling for me, be aware I haven't lived with my parents for over 30 years, it was like an early child version of myself was hearing this.

That's what I mean by the sheer weirdness.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 22 June 2016 - 06:01 PM.

• prof_it_e likes this

#19 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 316 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

any ill after effects?  coming down hard or felt heavily medicated after the 'thrill' wore off?

#20 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,466 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:32 PM

Actually was pretty normal. Perhaps a slight sinus headache which is normal for me after breathing in smoke. No body load, no buzzed out or sludgy feelings. Somewhat euphoric even. No real dreams I recall either.

My next experiments will probably involve synthesis with other things such as Keaton, mugwort, etc. Except I really feel no interest to do it again for awhile. I have found with other sacraments that it's a good idea to listen to that inner voice and not jump back in if you feel a cautionary gut feeling.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!