#41 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:32 PM

I have to concur with TV. I did it four times within a 2 week period. I haven't done it since and I still have plenty left. I just don't feel either the need or desire. Something about those trips tells me that to "force it" is not a good idea.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 25 September 2016 - 02:33 PM.

• mjroom likes this

#42 panaho

panaho

One Grow Cultivation Guru!

• Free Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

that bitch SATAN  IS most behind giving somebody hits of strong salvia and then saying acid makes you think you can fly.

#43 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

that bitch SATAN  IS most behind giving somebody hits of strong salvia and then saying acid makes you think you can fly.

Riiiigght.  Satan. 

Salvia, like Mushrooms and Weed has a female spirit being behind it (cactus may too, I don't know).  They are quite different but they are definitely female at least in my experience.

#44 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,735 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:48 AM

Huh?

#45 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,552 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

For some reason, lately I have been thinking back on my Salvia divinorum experiences, and I have also been thinking that I could see myself exploring this plant teacher once again.

Unfortunately, with the legal changes that have taken place in the US, I do not know if I could ever again obtain plain leaf, or a slightly stronger extract, to pursue this plant spirit further than I had back in 2005 and 2006. I certainly feel that Salvia showed me something deeper about the world and my existence, even though it was often fairly chaotic and dreamlike.

I did, on the whole, enjoy my short-lived Salvia experiences. I never truly had a negative or traumatic experience. Every time I was shown something deeper, and I believe that, if it were at all possible, I would gladly open myself to see, once again, as a reminder, what this plant has to teach me.

Salvia divinorum is still legal in the state that I reside in. I just do not know where I should obtain any more. The last time I had a Salvia experience was 2006. So much in my life has changed for the better since then, however, so I wonder what Salvia could show me now.

Edited by niemandgeist, 01 October 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#46 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:33 AM

Well you can still buy it in Myrtle Beach SC in extracts up to 50x (which would be insane).

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 02 October 2016 - 12:33 AM.

#47 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,552 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:17 PM

The only extract I'd ever had was 6x, which was enough to send me into another dimension. I did find some vendors online that actually sell 5x extract, so perhaps one day I'll try that again. I don't even want to think about what 10x, let alone 50-freaking-x would do!

Smoking crushed plain leaf, using a torch lighter, also produced mild, dreamlike effects.

I recall having made a rolled cigarette of plain leaf, soaked with Salvia tincture and dried, and while standing in my back yard at night puffing on that I kept going in and out of dreamworlds. It was a very interesting experience, but not overwhelming. I'd just pass into another existence of dreamlike reality and then come to sitting on the bench before puffing a few more times and drifting back.

#48 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:12 PM

Yeah, well my last experience looking into the void was enough for me. Not sure if or when I'll try it again.

#49 Opalguy

Opalguy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 116 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

Just tried salvia for the first time last night. I am impressed. I purchased 10x and 20x extract. I put a small amount of 10x in a clean pipe, took as large of a hit as I could hold....exhaled and waited. In about 30 seconds my knees started to weaken and I felt truly strange! Funny internal muscle contractions. A bit of weakness, not bad but totally different than experiences with other materials. I like it. My question to the group is, should I do the same this evening and try to duplicate the effects and therefore build some familiarity with this new friend, or should I double and see how the experience differs? After 10x....I cant see the 20x. At least right now. I also have seen that there is a reverse tolerance (whee!). Is everyone kind of in agreement with that? It is powerful, that is certain. But I find it kind, friendly and I felt that I was able to steer the experience.....to a degree. Thanks in advance!

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#50 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

First time I did salvia, all I remember about the ride is coming to, being naked, and handcuffed to rail at the cop shop.

Edited by Jeepster, 24 February 2017 - 12:18 PM.

#51 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• OG VIP
  • 9,868 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

Maybe better to get your own handcuffs and find a railing in your house before lighting the pipe.

• ChimX, Skywatcher, SteampunkScientist and 2 others like this

#52 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,971 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:25 PM

First time I did salvia, all I remember about the ride is coming to, is being naked, and handcuffed to rail at the cop shop.

Jesus talk about a bad trip. Always a good idea to have a trusted sitter when experimenting with new substances.

Edited by skunkbudda403, 24 February 2017 - 02:01 PM.

• SteampunkScientist and Jeepster like this

#53 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

No sitter, and smoking it like pot were my mistakes.

#54 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,245 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

It is powerful, that is certain. But I find it kind, friendly and I felt that I was able to steer the experience.....to a degree. Thanks in advance!

From all I know of Salvia, there is a "breakthrough" level, which may be quite variable and unpredictable. Your description sounds like you did not go there, and had minimal effects.

Once you hit that "breakthrough" point, I doubt sincerely that you will find it "kind, friendly, or steerable". More like getting shoved off a cliff of reality. 

Be cautious with the amount increase, and I would highly recommend a trusted friend to keep you physically safe until you are confident. Once you have that breakthrough, you may not want to play without a safety net like a sitter.

Just my opinion........................................

• TVCasualty, Alder Logs, SteampunkScientist and 3 others like this

#55 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,735 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

Just tried salvia for the first time last night. I am impressed. I purchased 10x and 20x extract. I put a small amount of 10x in a clean pipe, took as large of a hit as I could hold....exhaled and waited. In about 30 seconds my knees started to weaken and I felt truly strange! Funny internal muscle contractions. A bit of weakness, not bad but totally different than experiences with other materials. I like it. My question to the group is, should I do the same this evening and try to duplicate the effects and therefore build some familiarity with this new friend, or should I double and see how the experience differs? After 10x....I cant see the 20x. At least right now. I also have seen that there is a reverse tolerance (whee!). Is everyone kind of in agreement with that? It is powerful, that is certain. But I find it kind, friendly and I felt that I was able to steer the experience.....to a degree. Thanks in advance!

If you still had any sense of self, or of having a body, then it wasn't a "full breakthrough" (for lack of a better phrase). There's no "steering" at that level, either. The difference is unambiguous, and the experience exponentially-more intense than a dose that falls just short of it. It seems to have a "tipping point," and you'll know without a doubt when you've crossed it. In fact, you'll never forget it. One sign that you're about to get there is feeling like an epic tsunami is coming up fast behind you (when that happened to me, the last cohesive thought I had before I "broke through" was "Uh-oh...").

If you choose to up your dose seeking all that Salvia has to offer, I would recommend doing it in total darkness while laying in bed or on the floor, and preferably with the door locked if possible (locked so that you don't go wandering). Sticking a wedge between the door and frame works in a pinch, and you'll be unlikely to figure out how to open it while you're still in Salvia-space. I never use trip-sitters, and if you do make sure they are ready for what they might need to do (physically restrain you from wandering, mostly, but that can be trickier than it sounds since it's hard to predict how you might react to their efforts, though with Salvia you'll probably not even be aware of them in the room or being restrained by them if it turns out to be necessary).

Anyway, being in total darkness seems to prevent wandering since you won't have any visual stimuli to inspire you to get up and go for a walk (not that you'd be consciously aware of seeing anything, but that's not necessary for wandering while in a full-blown dissociative state, as many reports can attest).

Good luck, and don't expect it to be light and fun, or friendly (or heavy, dark, and menacing, either). Don't expect it to be anything; it's the Void, after all (or something close to the concept and far beyond words).

• Alder Logs, SteampunkScientist and skunk like this

#56 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,971 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

If you still had any sense of self, or of having a body, then it wasn't a "full breakthrough" (for lack of a better phrase). There's no "steering" at that level, either. The difference is unambiguous, and the experience exponentially-more intense than a dose that falls just short of it. It seems to have a "tipping point," and you'll know without a doubt when you've crossed it. In fact, you'll never forget it. One sign that you're about to get there is feeling like an epic tsunami is coming up fast behind you (when that happened to me, the last cohesive thought I had before I "broke through" was "Uh-oh...").

If you choose to up your dose seeking all that Salvia has to offer, I would recommend doing it in total darkness while laying in bed or on the floor, and preferably with the door locked if possible (locked so that you don't go wandering). Sticking a wedge between the door and frame works in a pinch, and you'll be unlikely to figure out how to open it while you're still in Salvia-space. I never use trip-sitters, and if you do make sure they are ready for what they might need to do (physically restrain you from wandering, mostly, but that can be trickier than it sounds since it's hard to predict how you might react to their efforts, though with Salvia you'll probably not even be aware of them in the room or being restrained by them if it turns out to be necessary).

Anyway, being in total darkness seems to prevent wandering since you won't have any visual stimuli to inspire you to get up and go for a walk (not that you'd be consciously aware of seeing anything, but that's not necessary for wandering while in a full-blown dissociative state, as many reports can attest).

Good luck, and don't expect it to be light and fun, or friendly (or heavy, dark, and menacing, either). Don't expect it to be anything; it's the Void, after all (or something close to the concept and far beyond words).
Couldn't have put it any better!

Edited by skunkbudda403, 24 February 2017 - 02:35 PM.

• TVCasualty and SteampunkScientist like this

#57 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

Just a pinch of Sally-D on a bowl of good MJ got me going on my guitar, and wow! Very inspirational. In micro doses, it is far different from breakthrough.

But All these guys know what they are talking about - I hit the void the last time I did a large amount - and you will know it.  Well, afterwards you will.

Sally is a wild woman and not to be fucked around with.  I cannot imagine these kids on the beach smoking SD in the sun, with people milling about and the ocean right there.  Would really suck to come back to consciousness and find yourself on a floaty so far from land you have no idea how to get back.... or under-water.

The other thing I remember distinctly from my own breakthrough is the feeling in my mouth from smoking it.  It is bitter in my experience, and the smoke makes the tongue feel strange - and for me this was the last thing I could still feel just before going into the void.

• TVCasualty, Alder Logs and skunk like this

#58 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• OG VIP
  • 9,868 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:19 PM

There's a video around somewhere that would suggest that you be in a windowless room as well.

• TVCasualty and SteampunkScientist like this

#59 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,735 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

There's a video around somewhere that would suggest that you be in a windowless room as well.

It's a classic (cracks me up every time, knowing he was ok in the end):

[Direct Link]

They should've done it in the dark...

Edited by TVCasualty, 24 February 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#60 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,715 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Ha ha, third time I've watched that. The girl just sits there doing "the dab" I guess... Good thing they were on the ground floor!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!