#21 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

Thanks, August. I got a real good laugh from that :)
  • August West likes this

#22 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:47 PM

Its simple really, Brexit will not happen unless those behind the scenes want it to happen.  The PM that takes over from Camerons resignation will have to invoke article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.  Lisbon Treaty Article 50

1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.

2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.

3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.

A qualified majority shall be defined in accordance with Article 238(3)(b) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

5. If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to the procedure referred to in Article 49.

What we seen was simply a referendum.  Lets see if they actually invoke Article 50.  Hell the former Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, who led the 'leave' campaign, bailed out on his supporters.(chose not to run for PM)  Seems he did not want to be the one at the helm to actually have to initiate Article 50. Seems odd to me to say the least.  Even then ANY severance terms would then have to be ratified both by the parliament in Strasbourg and the European council.

All this being said with the idea that voting actually matters...  When something like this is so close in percentages, it seems like those that 'count' the vote can have it show however they want. 

UK stock exchange lowest in 30 years, British Pound was what, $1.33 today?  Someone is making a killing buying this dip in the markets.

ORDO AB CHAO

#23 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,033 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:33 AM

Thanks, August. I got a real good laugh from that :)

It's nice to know that the voices outside my head can share in a laugh as well...;)

• Juthro likes this

#24 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 232 posts

Donator

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:22 PM

Bottom line we import more from the e u than expirt
We buy more bmw and mercs than anywhere ekse
We put more money in than we get back
Fuck em
As far as trade goes if we buikd good things st the right price oeople will buy from us
Its up to us we re not idiots so we can do it

#25 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 232 posts

Donator

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

What did the EU have to say about Brits residing in other EU countries? I heard one subject of Her Majesty mention a few weeks ago that this vote could affect his ability to live in Portugal.

Theres more eu residents here than brits over there
We will do a deal that allows them already here to stay
Just so long as the brits who sre already there can stay
  • Alder Logs likes this

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:35 PM

Not sticking a plug in the Chunnel?

#27 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:25 PM

Speaking of the Chunnel....

How is it that Brits can make new contractions whenever they want, without being required to use an apostrophe?

:)

#28 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

Cameron officially steps down Wednesday, Theresa May to take over as PM; she is Pro-"Remain".  Let's see if she invokes article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty or maintains the status quo.

Without invoking article 50, this is simply a distraction. 

#29 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 232 posts

Donator

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:43 AM

She ll do it she has no choice
Be first of jan

#30 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

UK Constitutional Law

...The first paragraph of Article 50 specifies that the decision to leave the Union, which must be made before the Article 50 declaration, must be made in ‘accordance with its own constitutional requirements’ – but what are these requirements in the British system?...

Parliament might consider that following the referendum it must pass a statute in these terms. But the answer in constitutional terms is “no”. As a matter of constitutional law, Parliament is not bound to follow the results of the Brexit referendum when deliberating this legislation. A number of options are constitutionally open to Parliament.

• First, it could decide not to grant this power at all.  As some of the core claims made by the leave campaign unravel, Parliament might decide that the case for Brexit has not been made – or was gained under a false prospectus.  As Edmund Burke taught us[UK], ours is a representative, not a direct, democracy.  Those representatives whose consciences required them to reject the referendum vote would have to justify themselves to their electorates at the next General Election – an event that is likely to arrive quite soon.  We should make clear that we take no position as to whether Parliament should adopt such a course, but it is undoubtedly open to Parliament as a matter of constitutional law. Parliament is, after all, sovereign.

• Secondly, Parliament could conclude that it would be contrary to the national interest to invoke Article 50 whilst it is in the dark about what the key essentials of the new relationship with the EU are going to be, and without knowing what terms the EU is going to offer. Parliament might well conclude that to require the Government to issue the notice immediately would be contrary to the national interest, even if Parliament is committed to leaving the EU, because the legal structure of Article 50 would place the UK at a seriously disadvantageous position in negotiating acceptable terms. Surely, Parliament is unlikely to require the Government to issue notice under Article 50 if it considers that the Government might be forced to accept exit terms which do not protect key aspects of our economy. Parliament may therefore require the Government to engage in extensive informal negotiations or even to seek to negotiate exit from the EU by formal Treaty amendments rather than through the Article 50 process.

If the UK seeks to obtain some form of framework agreement on key terms before invoking Article 50, once these terms are in place, Parliament could then trigger the Article 50 procedure to effect exit, perhaps with only details left to negotiate by the Government.  Immediately upon an agreement being finalized the UK would no longer be part of the EU. This option would comply with the outcome of the referendum.

Finally, of course, Parliament could decide to authorize notice under Article 50 at once by empowering the Prime Minister to issue the declaration.

The Prime Minister, nor Parliament, are under NO obligation to invoke article 50... PERIOD

Edited by sedaeng, 13 July 2016 - 10:43 AM.

#31 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 232 posts

Donator

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:43 PM

It will happen

#32 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

She ll do it [she has no choice]
Be first of jan

Thats what I was responding to.  THE PM and PARLIAMENT DO HAVE A CHOICE. 

Im not stating one way or the other about Brexit; I will not feign clairvoyant abilities.  Im simply refuting your erroneous statement so the thread [remains](Ha, see what I did there?) "Factual".

#33 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

Time will tell I guess.

But please remember, we are all friends here, so lets try and be respectful of others opinions.

I'm not pointing fingers and all is good, but I can feel the tension rising.

Peace, and love from land of the midnight sun,
Juth

#34 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:34 PM

Time will tell I guess.

But please remember, we are all friends here, so lets try and be respectful of others opinions.

I'm not pointing fingers and all is good, but I can feel the tension rising.

Peace, and love from land of the midnight sun,
Juth

No tensions here boss ;)

• Juthro likes this

#35 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 232 posts

Donator

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:43 AM

When i said no choice i meant politically
You cant under no circumstances hold a referendum then go against the result
Democracy old bean

#36 sedaeng

sedaeng

n≡ith≡r gφd nφr mαst≡r

• Black VIP
  • 315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:07 PM

https://www.judiciar...eu-20161103.pdf

Three senior judges ruled that Theresa May does not have the power to use the royal prerogative and trigger Article 50 without prior authority of Parliament.

It now goes to 'Parliament'.

I now fear every attempt will be made to block or delay triggering Article 50. They have no idea level of public anger they will provoke.

— Nigel Farage

#37 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 232 posts

Donator

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

Higher court first

The loonies are running the asylum

#38 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:21 PM

Higher court first

The loonies are running the asylum

Yeah, that seems to be a global phenomena...
  • Skywatcher and Juthro like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!