#21 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:52 PM

I was excited to get this book but after reading some of it I feel let down.  I guess I expected more as I have read a few things on acid
including the National Institute of Mental Health study on LSD , published in 1977.

I did my first trip in 1977, so it all seems like old news to me. he seems fixated on 100 microgram trips and less like 50 mcgm.

I admit that microdosing has it uses but a dose of 250 mikes has a very profound effect, that can be life changing.

I feel like if I am not doing 200 -250 mikes with friends or family I might as well do 25 mikes alone.

I asked my whole family , mom &dad brothers sisters to do an acid trip with me . In order to bring us even closer together and understand each other better and be one with the universe together growing closer through a spiritual experience.

I guess I had balls to ask my retired Marine dad to take acid with me, haha.

Needless to say they refused, and lost out.

#22 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:24 PM

A PDF on LSD from 1959  as old as it is it's considered relavant today, I think I got it from MAPS.

The other PDf is from Zendo on helping a person struggling on a trip.

I'm bored , peace

edit : since I am alone for the week I might as well do some shroooms migh elevate my boredom with the current state of psychedelic research. I believe its better to trip than read about it.

I won't be bored for long, got a nice little pile in front of me, trip as you will.

namaste

Attached Files

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 25 July 2016 - 08:39 PM.

• coorsmikey and PulverizingPolak like this

#23 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 627 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:27 PM

looking forward to your book review. mjroom.

#24 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 627 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:52 AM

[Direct Link]

#25 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 351 posts

Donator

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:42 AM

From about the end of Feb all through March and into the beginning of April I micro dosed almost every single day. The only days I didn't, oddly enough, were on the weekends. I had a shit ton of .5 gram capsules so dosages were already roughly pre-measured (you get some oddballs that are .4 or .6 sometimes). Anyway my schedule was take one capsule (0.5g) on my way to work that way I begin to feel it right as I walk through the door. After about 2-3 hours when I felt the effects begin to fade I would pop another then one with lunch then one during my last break. This would total about 2g a day and by the end of the day I would be really zooming sometimes but always OK to drive. I guess I was on the high end of microdosing and there were times where I felt I wasn't functioning at 100% but that usually went away as soon as I checked my pupils and calmed the fuck down. I made a habit of checking my pupils whenever I got paranoid that someone was on to me but they were never dilated beyond normal levels. There were only a few days where I felt like I might be building a tolerance and the solution was simply a day or two off and I'd be right back in the zone. Time passed very quickly and my workdays were a breeze. During this time I quit cigarettes very easily, stopped smoking weed and also stopped eating meat altogether, my main diet was an oyster mushroom stir fry with green peppers purple onions and rice. Eventually it all became routine and I no longer enjoyed the mushrooms as I began associating them with my work environment and decided to give it a break. After I stopped micro dosing every day I started up all my bad habits again and now I just dose whenever. So many benefits IMHO. So much happened it would be impossible to recall and type it all out here. If you are going to micro dose I highly suggest keeping a journal to keep track of all your experiences because there is no way you are going to remember all the minutiae of each day even after a couple days. Next time I'll keep better records. Anyone thinking of trying this I would HIGHLY recommend it. Let us know how it goes.

• Heirloom , niemandgeist, AwolMind and 2 others like this

#26 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,452 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

Now that I finally have an accurate digital scale I plan on microdosing for a while. So far, any time I've taken 1g or less of mushrooms I've had very mild, manageable, productive days. My only rule is that I will not dose on a day where I have to go to work, but given that I work part time and usually do evening shifts this won't be an issue.

I've found that lower doses can be quite rewarding. My thinking and feelings are affected slightly enough to notice a marked difference, but the effects are not enough to negatively impair me in any way. With doses of 0.5g I find that my creative thinking, general cognitive functioning, and energy levels are positively influenced in such a way as to allow me to get a little bit more out of drawing, writing, and

thinking/musing/doing mindfulness meditation.

Those of you who know me well enough understand that exercise is a huge part of my life and who I am. At these lower microdoses I get so much more out of my exercise sessions, especially when I'm doing hand-balancing. Lately, I've been working on my crow-pose (AKA frog stand):

crowpose.jpg

This hand-balancing position requires a good sense of balance and a strong mind-muscle connection in order to actively balance for time. I feel much more in touch with my body with the assistance of the mushrooms. While doing other exercises I can better feel how I move, all of the muscles that play a role in each exercise during moving, and which positions (hand and feet placement, posture, etc.) are best when setting up each exercise..

Edited by niemandgeist, 01 August 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#27 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 627 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

got some old cubes from a friend they have been stored since some time last year. Had a first micro dose 1/4 gram Sunday did not notice anything. Yesterday evening I did a 1/2 gram did not notice anything. Both times ground to powder in coffee grinder and soaked for twenty minutes in orange juice. Neither time did I notice any effect from the cubes. They have likely lost much potency. From what I have read to find a good dose quantity you want to find a dose where you just notice visual color or sound changes and then back down from that dose. So I guess I need  bump it up a little more though I am sure as a micro dose both were useful and did something positive.

Wondering if any who micro dose here dose at night during sleep? Would seem like as good a time as any to do brain repair. HS sorry to hear that your booklet was not a very good investment. Sounds like you have plenty to keep you occupied this week. Regards mjroom.

• Heirloom likes this

#28 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,452 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:52 AM

For what it's worth, there's a small Reddit community about micro-dosing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/microdosing/

It's small, and most of the posts seem to be about LSD, but there may possibly be some helpful information there.

• Heirloom likes this

#29 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

I have tried dosing before sleep in the early 80's. Not much to say about that.

The book I bought was not bad for the price but I took my first acid in 1977, so 39 years ago this month.
I have not read all the book but there are some things I wish I knew back then. One thing I learned from the book was that I should of waited longer between trips to fully process and intregrate into my life all
that I learned from being one with the universe.

I believed that LSD could help me have a better life.

I was labeled an acid head back then.

Talk about this more later.

EDIT:  I expected to learn more from the book. This book might be useful to a person just starting to use psychedelics.

I believe I could design better trip sessions for specific problem solving.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 04 August 2016 - 11:50 AM.

• niemandgeist and mjroom like this

#30 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

Almost all my trips have been freeform not programmed. I relied on my subconscious to guide me and the friends I tripped with.

Awesome times

#31 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,452 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:42 PM

The book I bought was not bad for the price but I took my first acid in 1977, so 39 years ago this month.
I have not read all the book but there are some things I wish I knew back then. One thing I learned from the book was that I should of waited longer between trips to fully process and intregrate into my life all
that I learned from being one with the universe.

I whole-heartedly agree that it helps to take longer breaks between psychedelic experiences in order to slowly integrate the experiences into your life and to be able to learn more and take away more lessons from them.

I used to dutifully document my thoughts and what I saw and felt during my psychedelic trips on various substances. It wasn't until later on that I realized it's better to enjoy the overall experience and come back to it later while sober. Sometimes I'll keep revisiting old experiences, even years later, while sober and I've gained more from that than by trying to be on the "front lines" of the mind jotting down notes during the trips.

When we recall our past trips the best that we can do is to form a close enough approximation of it using art by drawing, painting, sculpting, or writing anyway. Better to enjoy the journey and live in the moment while it's happening to ruminate on it farther down the line. :meditate:

• Heirloom likes this

#32 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:42 PM

i microdose ALL THE TIME.

Ive week a few weeks before, id say... 3-4 weeks, where I took .35grams in capsule form EVERY MORNING.

• Heirloom likes this

#33 AwolMind

AwolMind

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:07 PM

I've been interested in microdosing because it seems to hold many benefits when done thoughtfully. I guess I haven't tried it yet because I'm new to psychedelics and am currently a little hesitant to even think about touching my stash of cubes any time soon. This is because I ate five grams a while back on a day that I was in completely the wrong mindset and did't prepare for it at all. I do plan on trying them again, but I'm waiting until I've had plenty of time to reflect on the last experience and plan/prepare for the next one.

So maybe micro doses would be a good tool to help get me closer to a better state of mind in general and integrate that last trip a little more. I did try to micro dose once and took half a gram, but it was with aborts so I think the potency was a little high and thankfully I didn't have anything important to do because it was a little too strong for me to function normally.

I like to read a fair amount of books and I already have that book by Fadiman on my shelf, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm sure I'll be able to get at least a thing or two from it since I'm pretty new to this stuff. I am glad that I'm focused on doing my homework and taking good breaks between trips. I've been able to my experiences to use much more as I reflect on them as "time" goes on.

• Heirloom and mjroom like this

#34 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:02 AM

Awol you could try a quarter gm,. I believe Fadiman mentions doses as low as  0.2 gm . Let us know how it goes when you get to trying another microdose.

• AwolMind and mjroom like this

#35 AwolMind

AwolMind

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:39 PM

I think that's what I'll do as far as dose. I operate commercial size lawn mowers at work and these next few days are going to be busy ones, so I think I'll wait until this weekend least before I experiment with it again. All of this praise for micro dosing has positively given me the motivation to try it soon though!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

#36 AwolMind

AwolMind

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

I think the reason I've been hesitant to try micro dosing mushrooms up until now is that I felt a lot of anxiety during that half gram experience, and I'm not usually the anxious type. I used to smoke and eat a lot of weed and almost never had problems with anxiety caused by that. Whenever I felt any weed induced anxiety I quickly realized that I just needed to face whatever it was I was worrying about and then the anxious feelings went away. I'm sure that keeping that in mind and taking a smaller amount of mushrooms will keep me from getting overwhelmed by it again.

For a couple of months I even came with a micro dosing system for cannabis where I would take one puff about every two hours every day. I took notes periodically to record how much I was feeling it and how it affected my mood and productivity levels. Keeping records like that really helped me learn more about myself and my behavior in general.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
  • mjroom likes this

#37 Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

{{{{{ + }}}}}

• OG VIP
  • 595 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

http://www.wired.co....-silicon-valley

#38 imaleavin

imaleavin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:15 AM

Thank all of ya'll for sharing this valuable info!! I have been wanting to try this and have dabbled, but not on a schedule. NEVER occurred to me that it would help me work out!!
  • Heirloom likes this

#39 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,838 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:59 AM

I wanted to bump this up for another member, Ramble, who has some interest in the subject.

• Ramble likes this

#40 Ramble

Ramble

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:07 AM

Thanks Again Heirloom!
  • Heirloom likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!