10 replies to this topic

#1 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 348 posts

Donator

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:15 AM

I have posted this in another thread somewhere but I think it warrants its own thread for discussion.

The Pharmacratic Inquisition

[Direct Link]

I'd like to know what Spirituality & Mysticism thinks of these ideas. I have not yet read the book but have seen the above video and it is incredibly interesting. What do you think?

• riseabovethought likes this

#2 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,646 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

I love discussing this stuff too.  It comes up in many conversations around here.  We've been discussing it in the background for years and years.  It does offer a glimpse of wisdom one must roll around in the noggin awhile in order to absorb it well.  Thanks for posting this thread.  Lots of ninjas around here are well versed.  The spirit world is a natural wonder and deserves its own serious study over time, refining and refining.  I need to make a batch of Aya...and I cant wait to hear more from others.

Edited by riseabovethought, 29 July 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#3 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 348 posts

Donator

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:19 PM

We'll have to pull out bits and pieces to discuss, there is a lot of information here.

#4 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 348 posts

Donator

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

Personally at this moment I don't think Jesus was a mushroom but a bemushroomed man.

#5 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

vivir madre yagé Perú

• OG VIP
  • 2,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:50 AM

Another very well and articulatly written book that helps support the posiblity of John Alegros work is 'Mushrooms, Myth and Mithras: The Drug Cult that Civilized Europe'

"Through art and archeology, we discover that Nero was the first Emperor to be initiated by secret "magical dinners," and that most of his successors embraced the ritual and its sacramental use of the psychedelic mushroom as a source of spiritual transcendence. The secret religion was officially banned after Roman Conversion, but aspects of its practices were assimilated or co-opted by Christianity, and have influenced many subsequent secret societies, including the Freemasons. Mushrooms, Myths & Mithras is a fascinating historical exploration of a powerful force kept hidden behind the scenes for thousands of years."

http://www.citylight...&fa=description

Edited by Hash_Man, 01 August 2016 - 12:52 AM.

• pastyoureyes likes this

#6 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 348 posts

Donator

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

The true devotee of any symbolic of God seeks to go beyond the symbol, seeks to become it. Some traditions have a form of practice that we can call Deity Yoga , a means to unite with a Deity by recognizing that our true nature is that Deity. The basis of allYoga (whether Hindu, Buddhist, or any other tradition) is to seek to become like God, and this is why Jesus said,

"Be ye perfect, as your father in Heaven is perfect."

That is pure Deity Yoga , pure Bhakti Yoga . to seek that perfection requires that we seek out our imperfection and remove it. This is not an easy task. Success in religion does not come by beliefs, by dressing a certain way, or attending certain temples, it comes through a rigorous psychological analysis of ourselves.

https://gnosticteach...beginnings.html

• Hash_Man likes this

#7 catattack

catattack

Mountain Gringo Hairball ™

• OG VIP
  • 5,998 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

entheogen = generating the divine within 

• pastyoureyes likes this

#8 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 348 posts

Donator

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

ONE

EON

NEO

#9 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,646 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

I've been reminded a bazillion times about that stone tablet- the one with amanita mushroom, psilocybe, rue, and poppy in succession.  I feel like amanita should be replaced by cannabis, and in that respect; perhaps there is an exact reversal image- with Iboga opposite of poppy, and rue somehow signifies Aya and Cactus- level psychonauting... I wonder if its a sort of map- and once one achieves some sort of understanding of each or even perhaps a combination at precise doses - could yield a new level of psychedelia..a new enlightenment the sages spoke of, and left us clues to find our way to true self- realization.

Edited by riseabovethought, 27 October 2016 - 03:54 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#10 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,010 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:07 PM

I like the way you're thinking here Rise! A synthesis of psychedelics, brain enhancing chemicals, other herbs, that by themselves might not even seem remotely "Shamanistic", but together reveal great truths, and allow us to tear back the veils.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 30 October 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#11 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 518 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:22 AM

Paul was a Walrus. Peter was a Pan. Simon was simple and Judas had the really tough job of calling the Romans and Donald slayed the Hillary.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!