16 replies to this topic

#1 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 351 posts

Donator

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:15 AM

I have posted this in another thread somewhere but I think it warrants its own thread for discussion.

The Pharmacratic Inquisition

[Direct Link]

I'd like to know what Spirituality & Mysticism thinks of these ideas. I have not yet read the book but have seen the above video and it is incredibly interesting. What do you think?

• riseabovethought likes this

#2 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,839 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

I love discussing this stuff too.  It comes up in many conversations around here.  We've been discussing it in the background for years and years.  It does offer a glimpse of wisdom one must roll around in the noggin awhile in order to absorb it well.  Thanks for posting this thread.  Lots of ninjas around here are well versed.  The spirit world is a natural wonder and deserves its own serious study over time, refining and refining.  I need to make a batch of Aya...and I cant wait to hear more from others.

Edited by riseabovethought, 29 July 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#3 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 351 posts

Donator

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:19 PM

We'll have to pull out bits and pieces to discuss, there is a lot of information here.

#4 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 351 posts

Donator

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

Personally at this moment I don't think Jesus was a mushroom but a bemushroomed man.

#5 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,184 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:50 AM

Another very well and articulatly written book that helps support the posiblity of John Alegros work is 'Mushrooms, Myth and Mithras: The Drug Cult that Civilized Europe'

"Through art and archeology, we discover that Nero was the first Emperor to be initiated by secret "magical dinners," and that most of his successors embraced the ritual and its sacramental use of the psychedelic mushroom as a source of spiritual transcendence. The secret religion was officially banned after Roman Conversion, but aspects of its practices were assimilated or co-opted by Christianity, and have influenced many subsequent secret societies, including the Freemasons. Mushrooms, Myths & Mithras is a fascinating historical exploration of a powerful force kept hidden behind the scenes for thousands of years."

http://www.citylight...&fa=description

Edited by Hash_Man, 01 August 2016 - 12:52 AM.

• pastyoureyes likes this

#6 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 351 posts

Donator

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

The true devotee of any symbolic of God seeks to go beyond the symbol, seeks to become it. Some traditions have a form of practice that we can call Deity Yoga , a means to unite with a Deity by recognizing that our true nature is that Deity. The basis of allYoga (whether Hindu, Buddhist, or any other tradition) is to seek to become like God, and this is why Jesus said,

"Be ye perfect, as your father in Heaven is perfect."

That is pure Deity Yoga , pure Bhakti Yoga . to seek that perfection requires that we seek out our imperfection and remove it. This is not an easy task. Success in religion does not come by beliefs, by dressing a certain way, or attending certain temples, it comes through a rigorous psychological analysis of ourselves.

https://gnosticteach...beginnings.html

• Hash_Man likes this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,526 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

entheogen = generating the divine within 

• pastyoureyes likes this

#8 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 351 posts

Donator

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

ONE

EON

NEO

#9 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,839 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

I've been reminded a bazillion times about that stone tablet- the one with amanita mushroom, psilocybe, rue, and poppy in succession.  I feel like amanita should be replaced by cannabis, and in that respect; perhaps there is an exact reversal image- with Iboga opposite of poppy, and rue somehow signifies Aya and Cactus- level psychonauting... I wonder if its a sort of map- and once one achieves some sort of understanding of each or even perhaps a combination at precise doses - could yield a new level of psychedelia..a new enlightenment the sages spoke of, and left us clues to find our way to true self- realization.

Edited by riseabovethought, 27 October 2016 - 03:54 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#10 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,413 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:07 PM

I like the way you're thinking here Rise! A synthesis of psychedelics, brain enhancing chemicals, other herbs, that by themselves might not even seem remotely "Shamanistic", but together reveal great truths, and allow us to tear back the veils.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 30 October 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#11 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 575 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:22 AM

Paul was a Walrus. Peter was a Pan. Simon was simple and Judas had the really tough job of calling the Romans and Donald slayed the Hillary.

#12 Final

Final

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:27 AM

Didnt watch the video, but i have heard people's theories on, what if aliens etc hide inside these psychedelics, or seratonin receptor is gate, and plugging it with earth things keeps you here, but insert DMT or etc, it takes you to their realm.

Short Version =  I dont think Jesus was a Mushroom, but im convinced he had endogenous DMT experiences and consumed mushrooms, and he gained the same stuff us psychonauts have gained just different, like Jesus gained water walking, but John doe gained divine like music powers, or Jane Doe gained extreme painting Prowess .

Wouldn't be surprised if people meeting jesus on mushrooms could just be "humans know you more, if non humanoid being  appear they will get scared, so Jesus "vibe" can be ambassador for humans" 

long version kinda continues from here

imo on jesus was mushroom, gonna also bring up Samson . when samsons' hair got cut he said he felt the lord left him. 

i once met a buddhist monk gunarantana , https://www.google.c...0k1.IcXnUFxsYvs

This guys prescene woah, much different then any other monks ive met, i even asked him if he attained Nirvana, (this was back in like 2008 2009 ish), he smiled and said u tell me ( i gues its frowned upon to make claims due to frauds etc .)

in regards with Jesus,  myself and many other psychonauts. 

this is a serious post but im gonna have to use a naruto analogy. http://naruto.wikia....wiki/JinchÅ«riki

when we train etc in these realms, even tenacious meditation, the connection to other worlds opens, and can allow these other worldly Gods/Goddesses to enter us. on DMT ive Transmuted with  and have had many different Gods/goddesses enter me .

like from being schooled. brain washed (music, media, commercials, socializing, ) its more less the "Spirit" is in a terrestrial Slumber, and the body is running wild, very much like an untamed tailed beast in naruto. 

as we open ourselves to otherworldly activities,Religious/Spiritual Pursuits .  The body gets subjugated, the spirit Wakes up and connects with its other worldly m8s .

Jesus ( who many think was actually one chosen to be dhali lama, 3 wise kings from east brought "gifts" which finding the dhali lama they bring items the previous one had), Jesus being in india ( i h8 to use this phase, but some evidence that has shown he trained there b4 coming back to preach his thing. just youtube was jesus a buddhist monk etc )

i wouldnt be surprised if Jesus had endogenous DMT experiences as well as consumed shrooms.  Jesus making contact with other worldly beings, had a super subjugated body, and was conveying with these realms to Earth .  ( this part is only an opinion, but i dont think jesus really said he was son of god, i think he really said we are all sons of god, or children of god.)

in case with samson, im gonna say same thing but different, prolly same with many psychonauts on this site, prolly same with people like mckenna etc . 

its just that human mind has been so warped into thinking, i wasnt born of a virgin, cant walk on water, i cant make lotus flowers form under my foot steps etc, so im not special etc. 

now to use an comic and anime analogies and using only dead monks , religious figures .

Jesus had healing powers and could levitate , walk on water . =  medical Ninja from Naruto 

Siddhartha  tamed wild horse, quick learner, walk in other dimensions ( story with the dude who cut off peoples thumbs ) = lots of mind powers =  like Charles Xavier,

Samson ( super strength )  was like Wolverine or beast

on a b4 and after, for any psychonaut reading this . i hope this is tooken seriously dispite the comic analogies.  

i know i could say a b4 and after for me  . would any1 say that they themselves had a b4 and after .  

like even b4 psysches or your Religious training ( preferably psyche based) could you say the above ?  b4 psyches u didnt have much energy, and now your able to get charged up being in  the sun so you got fraction of superman's sun dip powers. or b4 psyches you hated chaenges now you crave them get excited of them, very much like a saiyan . 

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,041 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

It's possible to over-think some things, especially when the source material comes from accepting and interpreting stories of the past.   It might come down to foregoing thinking and simply being.   What's more relevant, Jesus, or Christ; the idea, or the experience?

• Spooner likes this

#14 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,109 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:14 AM

I'd gladly give him a hug..........if he'd show up once in a while and take one......................

I'd gladly adore and give a hug to the other gods and goddesses, if they'd show up once in a while and take one..............

Perhaps our ego popping anthropomorphism's don't cut it in the "real" universe..............

On the other hand....Mother Earth.........SHE is always open for business, she's always here, she's always exponentially more powerful than you or I

SHE is making miracles every day.............

IMHO..........Why look elsewhere?............... that's just me

Everything that we currently identify with in our western thoughts and beliefs (assuming you are not from other cultures) comes from and returns to HER...........except for the awareness and that might even be as well......

Want to be in the moment, be here now? Grow things like mother earth does.......plant a massive garden and meditate in it regularly........

HELP HER to do it (look, I too assign "he/she" titles to things, humans are sign makers)

I'd definitely like to give some mushrooms to Jesus and Mohammad, and King James, he gets a heroic dose............. I ask myself, who's interpretations of interpretations are valid?

A

• Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,041 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Perhaps our ego popping anthropomorphism's don't cut it in the "real" universe..............

Perhaps. 

While out sailing on the ocean
While out sailing on the sea
I bumped into the Savior
And He said, "pardon me"
I said, "Jesus, you look tired"
He said, "Jesus, so do you..."

~J. Prine

Edited by Alder Logs, 06 March 2017 - 11:33 AM.

• Arathu and Juthro like this

#16 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,041 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

[Direct Link]

• Arathu and Juthro like this

#17 Juthro