10 replies to this topic

#1 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

I have seen there are many people new to, or becoming interested in the use of Crystals, Minerals, and stone, and thereby beginning or adding to their collections. There are many ways to use the inherent quality's of these minerals and crystals, and they should be considered tools and cared for. I am putting this thread here to give some basic care instructions, and offer a place to discuss any special needs or processes we may wish to share or discuss.

There are quite a few ways to cleanse and charge your tools, and the way that feels right to you personally, is always the best. Keeping these tools clean and charged up, allows us to use them whenever we want, and benefit from their influence in its best, purest, and most powerful form.

WHY DO THIS ?

Stones and crystals all have and emit energy, and have different metaphysical attributes that are unique for each. They also can be programmed with intent, to assist you with specific uses that they are suited for, and that they are willing to work with us to enhance or amplify.  They are often used to radiate their positive energy into the environment we place them in, and /or to enhance our own energy when we place them within our energy field.

They are however also accumulators of the energy around them, and what they are exposed to. They will be influenced by, and hold onto any negative energy, from people or situations around them. For example a pocket stone or piece of jewelry absorbs some negative energy from you when you have had a bad day, or felt anger or any negative emotion. Stones used in healing will absorb some negative from what they are helping to heal. Meditation stones or Chakra work stones absorb the negative. This needs to be cleared so we are not working with old residual that is contrary to what we intended. 

Clearing the negative is especially important with new stones, as you do not know what they have been influenced by prior to coming to you. You do not want to establish your working relationship with a new stone without clearing any old residual negative it may have picked up first.

Clearing and cleansing needs to be done more often with those stones you work with alot, and should be done regularly with any stone or crystal that you have in your environment. Protective stones and protective grids should be cleared at least every month, and more often if they begin to feel stagnate or lower energy. All stones and crystals benefit as well from regular cleansing and Charging.

To create positive energy within your crystals, you need to cleanse them frequently.This is important as their effectiveness for healing may be effected by negative vibrations within the stones. If you have been using them to heal health issues or when you were in a negative frame of mind, they would probably have absorbed your negative energy.

This is why it is a good idea to purify them on a regular basis.

I'll continue this thread when my fingers work better............

Edited by Skywatcher, 09 August 2016 - 05:00 PM.

• ethnobotanist420 and Jeepster like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

How to Cleanse your stones and crystals.

If you have been thinking about why you should cleanse your crystals, and you use them regularly, understand that your crystals are tools. You need these tools to be at the highest vibration possible, so that you may receive the most benefit from using them.

Many people go to great lengths to clean their home, their clothes and themselves, yet neglect to remove the negativity from the crystals they are using.

Its just a matter of learning about the methods to clean your stones, and you can do it on a regular basis to keep them full of positive energy.

Crystal Singing Bowls Cleanse Crystals With Sound

A crystal singing bowl may be used to cleanse your crystals. There are two ways to do this. If the stones are small you may put them into the crystal singing bowl.

For bigger items, place them close to the bowl, then play the bowl for a few minutes.

The crystal bowl resonating music is very powerful and the sounds emitted by the bowl will resonate throughout the room.

As the strong vibration of the pure crystalline sound of your crystal singing bowl fills the crystals, it will drive out any negative energy. 

The sound will lift the vibration of any of your crystals that are close by, and the room will also be filled with good vibrations as well. It is my opinion that the use of resonating sound in higher vibrational tone from other sources is equally usable to cleanse. Metal singing bowls work in the same way as crystal singing bowls. The tools we use for this are not limited. Gongs, bells, even the human voice can all create resonating sound that will fill your stones and crystals and push out accumulated negativity.

Smudging Crystals

You can buy smudge sticks ready made, make your own, or you can use loose sage leaf. Cleansing crystals by smudging them is easy. So how do you smudge crystals? The most potent smudge to use is white sage.

Most  smudge sticks are made up of either white sage alone or mixed with lavender.

Some may have other fragrant herbs in them as well, and some of these may also have healing attributes that could benefit you. Sage smoke is powerful to cleanse both your stones and the environment where they live.

You can do this one of two ways. You can hold the stones close to the stream of the smoke, or simply hold your smudge stick near to where they are sitting, and fan the smoke over them so the air around them is full of the sage essence. It is better to fan smoke with a feather or fan, in preference to blowing with your breath. When smudging, it is important to visualize any negativity sticking to the smoke, and dissapating away as the smoke also flows away. 

This is the method most alchemical healers use, to quickly cleanse their stones and crystal wands after use on clients.

Rinsing with clear water

Cleaning your crystals with water is not recommended unless you know about whether you stone is safe to cleanse this way. Some stones like Selenite will dissolve in water. Some crystals have soft matrix they are in which can loosen in water making the crystal fall apart like Celestialite clusters for example.

If they are quartz type crystals, or hard materials, generally this will be safe. But please take care when using water on large clusters, as they may still be harmed by water, so do it with care. Once again, visualize any accumulated negativity washing away with the clear water, as it flows over the stone

Using The White Light

Using white light is a powerful method once you know how to create it. Most of you have the capacity to create white light, and this may also be called universal light.

The first time you do it, close your eyes and ask the universe or spirit, or whatever you believe in to be the creator, to create white light. This is similar to the power of prayer. 

Imagine your body filling with the light, then feel the added energy that you have within you. Open your eyes and direct the white light.

Use your hands in a small sweeping motion towards where you want to direct the white light, or cup your hands around the stone or crystal. Ask the universe to use the white light to transmute any negative energy within the stone into positive energy. 

Not only can this method be used for cleansing crystals, the white light can also be used on yourself to bring your vibration up, or use it to improve the energy of the room. White light is the easiest and most effective method to remove any built up negative energy quickly.

Cleansing Crystals Using Rice

You can use rice cleansing if you are wary of using water or sage, and this may be especially useful if you have a stone that is very precious to you.

You can use any type of rice, white or brown is okay for cleansing crystals, and its quite easy to do.

Simply place your stones on top of the rice and leave overnight. This method is very easy and simple, and you can do it easily.

The rice will absorb negative energy, so you will need to throw it out after using it. Throw it away outside the house, not in the indoor trash.

It is advantageous to use a flat bowl, and depending on the stone, sometimes you may choose to cover it with rice or simply place it on top.

I have used this same method with sea salt as well, but be sure the stone you are cleansing will not be corroded or harmed by exposure to salt.

Cleansing Crystals... Burying Stones

You may also choose to bury your stone in the earth, but again make sure that you know if the stone is one that can take water, in case rain seeps through to where they are located.

This is a perfect way to cleanse many stones, but do mark where you put them so that you can find them again! This method is very effective for crystals or stones that have had alot of negative energy. At least leave them in the ground for a full day and night, but longer is better for stones that need a more thorough cleaning. 

Using a Selenite Plate Stone

One method I use regularly on stones I wear or carry often is to place them on a Selenite plate stone overnight. The Selenite clears and retains no negativity, and any stone placed on it will be cleared of any negative energy it picked up during the day. The Selenite plate will itself need to be charged monthly.

Edited by Skywatcher, 17 August 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

Charging your stones and crystals to fill them to full energy

Charge Crystals With Moonlight!

The moonlight has a powerful influence that will re-energize your crystals, and allow them to lift their vibration naturally.

If you wish you can combine the use of moonlight charging with the methods for cleansing crystals, and your stones will be more vibrant and potent next time you use them. A good time for cleansing and charging crystals is at the time of the full moon, when it is at its brightest, and its energy is strongest.

They don't really need to be out in the moonlight to absorb the moon's energy, but it can be an added advantage if you are able to place them somewhere in your home where they will be in the moonlight for as long as possible. Even better is to take them outside when you can, during the full moon, and leave them there overnight if you are able to. By absorbing the energy of moonlight, you will allow their vibration to naturally lift, and fill to full energy.

Be wary of placing them where they will get strong sunlight on them, as this can fade their color. While losing their color may not have affect their energy, you may feel disappointed if they are no longer the color they were when you purchased them. Direct sunlight can also heat stones too much, making them fracture.

Place Jewelry & Stones On Top Of A Quartz Cluster 

I have several quartz and amethyst Crystal clusters. You can use Clear Quartz, Citrine, Amethyst, or Selenite for this purpose. Simply placing a stone or smaller crystal on a quartz or amethyst cluster will charge it back to full. This is also a good way to charge up new stones or crystals you have just brought home. You can leave them there overnight to be ready to use the next day. Quartz resonates very well, and it's energy will also charge stones if they are nearby. Having stones on your body can reduce their energy levels, as they have given so much to you during the day.

Make sure you regularly cleanse and recharge the cluster if you are doing this, and smudging with sage works well for this purpose.

As quartz is highly programmable, while cleansing it you might tell it to release and let go of any negativity within it.

By programming it to release negativity, it will aid other crystals nearby to stay cleaner and may not need cleaning as frequently.

LAST NOTES

Some people say that some crystals never need cleansing, like Kyanite, Selenite, Shungite or Citrine, because they retain no negativity so it does not accumulate in them.

I think it is good to occasionally cleanse them anyway. They like being refreshed.

As a general rule cleansing and charging crystals is necessary, even if you may not feel that your crystals have any reason to be cleaned. Regular smudging will revitalize them and lift their vibration.

Cleaning crystals regularly ensures they will be at their best to assist you as you use them in your life. Keep them at their best and you will enjoy using your stones!

Edited by Skywatcher, 17 August 2016 - 04:13 PM.

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:13 AM

Indeed cleaning, charging, and care. I would add emphasis on respect as well. I'm of mixed feeling in regard to the subject of crystals. Mind you, not in regard to their amazing properties and spirit but more in the methods by which they make their way into the hands of the individual. I believe it's termed "ethical harvesting" but in my own personal work (I attempt to establish communication with everything) I have come to the conclusion that using machinery and digging deep holes into Mother Earth is not the way to go.

I have heard the message that "the gifts", crystals, stones, precious metals and such, will be in the streams and lying about where the stones fall from the mountains. "Yes dry stream beds count" "They" jumped on and answered that one before I could even formulate the silly argument.......hahahahaha Since I also believe that this is UPG (unverifiable personal gnosis) it is likely intended that I interact in this manner. That being said we know that humans are suffering from "me" disease and will in many cases be driven by greed and purely the desire for money which leads to a raping of our Mother. The "harvest" of these structured beings we call crystals using land excavators and jets of water can and in many cases does permanently alter the original crystalline structures by fracture and force (not even getting into intents). So for certain crystals that are purchased should be carefully felt, examined, and definitely cleansed. In fact a healing may very well be necessary. 

I asked them once this particular question and the response I got was something like "you're walking on us all the time, learn to feel us, come visit whenever you need, sit down and listen with your heart, please don't break me"................... I cried at the realization of what we do collectively.         

small_GEDC6319.jpg

For the most part I move my crystals to this copper dish and cleanse by methods appropriate to the individual, many of which you've mentioned above. Great topic! 

• AGAMA, Skywatcher and Jeepster like this

#5 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,718 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

I agree that the mechanical extraction of crystals and stones is not good for them but if it were not for this process (and a suggestion from Skye to seek) I would never have found my connection with these gifts. So for that aspect I am thankfull for this horrible process these crystals have gone through, but this is the basis of where my respect for them start.
I'm damaged...their damaged...HEY! Let's be friends?
  • AGAMA, Arathu, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#6 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:40 AM

Absolutely Bear! And in the seeking I found way more than what I thought I was looking for in the first place. For me the crystals were a catalyst to the quest. I agree that many people would not have access to these if others were not mining them. In my views it is the commercialization and that particular intent that taints it. But as you say the introduction and exploration for many would not be possible. So understanding this differentiation is great learning unto itself IMHO.The difference between carefully and meticulously extracting a crystal from the ground and doing it with a backhoe and screen surely carries intent. Finding one already removed, washed, (remember methods of cleansing), and shiny in a creek bottom take things to the next level. We are all children and learning.......................... :meditate:

• Skywatcher and Jeepster like this

#7 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,718 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

I look forward to the day I meet one in Nature.

It's been an interesting process breaking from the commercial consumer mode. Wanting to hoard/collect every piece I see.
  • Arathu and Skywatcher like this

#8 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

Fantastic, and much needed thread.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#9 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

Most excellent points for us all to consider.

I try to verify source and method of collection, but have run across many rudely extracted crystals and stones. As a result, the first thing I will do with a new piece, is cleanse and help any residual negativity be cleared. This for me always includes running clear water (streams, creeks, etc are best) and infusing with white light. On some occasions, placing them in the ground to heal may be needed. Usually I can tell by the way a stone or crystal "feels" if it is glad to have found its way to me and willing to work with me. If this is not so, I would not keep it or take it in the first place. I have rarely found this to be the case however.

I also very much encourage people to walk in areas where stone and crystal is gathered, with intent to meet with one that wants to help you in a specific way. Some of my very favorite tools are not impressive in appearance, but came to me in this way. They have some of the best healing energy. I find all to often that crystals and stones will come to me when I have need, and just the same, will move on to someone else or return themselves to the earth when it is time. It is best IMO not to fight this and allow it to be.

• Arathu and Jeepster like this

#10 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,718 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

[Direct Link]

Cleaning with sound

Edited by PsyBearknot, 11 January 2017 - 04:32 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#11 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

A partial human audio range frequency sweep using a piano as the source..................I like it. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!