Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

For-Profit Prison Duopoly CCA & GEO; Stealing People's Freedom & Fleecing US Tax Payers $3 Billion/yr!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,067 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

At around 4 minutes it gets real interesting predicting this trend of private prison- ponzi scheme racketeering to skyrocket faster than almost any other industry.  Its hard to miss the irony since we Americans take pride in protecting Freedom.  I was shocked to find out immigration detention makes up about half of the theft out of tax payer money with the other half -mostly non- violent drug offenders.  

These places have spiraled so far out of control because its so very profitable because We, The People dont know its happening behind our backs!  Its a Ponzi Scheme since the money is stolen and not used for our benefit; but instead used for the very opposite effect - directly hurting our nation's reputation, making US tax payers (through corrupt cooperative politicians on -the -take) unknowingly pay for this Fleecing of America, to the tune of $3 Billion per year, and growing faster than any other industry. How can this be legal?!

[Direct Link]

Rounding up Immigrants along the border is the point of most return for these CCA and GEO -investors, with minor drug offenders making up the rest of their portfolio; Stealing peoples' freedom and charging US tax payers Billions for doing so, is morally bankrupt and a clear attempt to steal Tax payer money.  Since tax payers can be charged without their knowledge, the sky's the limit.  

These 2 companies can keep charging US Tax Payers Billions of Dollars, against our knowledge and against our national better interests, as a force for good.  For a low low bribery lobbyist price of several hundred thousand dollars, America is being Fleeced for Billions!  

This is current policy!  - to let these 2 companies run wild, charging US Tax Payers Billions of Dollars, WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE PONZI SCHEME BEING PERPETRATED AGAINST US!  This Predatory Corporate CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY will be on American Greed one day, Just watch!  How can we stop this?! 

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 10 August 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#2 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,067 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

#3 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

Private Prisons =  slavery

• Sidestreet likes this

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,871 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:46 AM

First off, thanks for all the video links. Time is in short supply but the weekend approaches. - Once again, thanks for the weekend research.

I have given this subject much consideration - what with the alleged construction of "detention centers" which now sit empty awaiting some dramatic social upheaval. 

I'm guessing this is much how the citizens of nazi germany looked up one day and realized that there were "concentration camps" in their backyards.

I've said this several times now.......

After the war, in the mad scramble to snatch-up everything that was nazi germany at the time, we just collected what we could grab and started version 2.0 right here at home.

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:05 AM

I had a dear

After the war, in the mad scramble to snatch-up everything that was nazi germany at the time, we just collected what we could grab and started version 2.0 right here at home.

I had a dear friend who had been a Wobbly (IWW -- International Workers of the World), born in 1892.   This is what he used to say about that:

In World War II, in Europe and Asia, the Fascists lost.  In America, they won.

~Will Slayton

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 August 2016 - 02:10 PM.

• Myc and Juthro like this

#6 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,067 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:01 PM

Did you catch the part about the private prisons- lets just call them the duopoly of CCA and GEO, to be most specific... Did you catch the part about them changing their status from 'prisons' to 'real estate' companies- in order to not pay taxes.  So now you have a 3Billion dollar/year industry- who get all that money from US taxes, but pay no taxes.  How is that even legal??  Can we please at least stop these predators from fleecing our tax coffers? Fuck!  I mean -that means instead of education we pay for private prison CEOs to run off to the bank?  WTF?!

Edited by riseabovethought, 11 August 2016 - 04:03 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

Dang, I'm slippin' here.   IWW is Industrial Workers of the World.

#8 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,067 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

Henry Rollins -Prison Profiteers 

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 26 August 2016 - 10:04 AM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

Not sure that was the video you wanted to post here, Rise, but it's a good one, nonetheless.

#10 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,067 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

Thanks Alder, I changed it from that Blackwater vid to one more about prison.  But I have to say - the similarities between prison profiteers and war profiteers far outweigh their differences.  Seems to me like its the same power- drunk wife- beater side of society rearing its ugly head to step on the weak in order to get ahead and it doesnt matter who they step on or why, just that they get a step up.  Poor souls; they dont know we are all one.  They know not what they do, as they shoot us in the foot over and over.  When will man see man as his brother?  Until then, I see man as my most dangerous natural threat.  

Come to thuink of it, after searching through all this prison stuff- August is right- It isnt the fault of Private prisons.  Thats is scapegoating.  Its only 3 billion out of a 74 billion dollar problem.  The elephant in the room is that its a monster making machine- churning out monsters with an 85% rate of return.  The whole fucking thing is about punishment because of the short -sightedness of society.  Which is great news for CEOs of CCA and GEO and the giant behemoth that lives off the suffering of others...Hmm- a lot like the cancer industry.  Lots of connections, lots of dots.  Trying to simplify.. 

Edited by riseabovethought, 26 August 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#11 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,067 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:49 PM

How People Are Killed For Profit In Prison

[Direct Link]

#12 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,067 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:54 PM

Immigrants are so profitable now as kidnappees, they've become the hottest new money -making trend in prison sports.

[Direct Link]

#13 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,067 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

Lots of Profit in Kidnapping and Caging Humans for 6 Companies.

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 26 August 2016 - 12:55 PM.

#14 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,580 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:29 AM

The feds are phasing out private prisons because even they realize how godawful they are.  Some states are following suit.  There are some things that should never be handled by private companies and this is one of them.

https://www.washingt...m=.c920df64eb3e

Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates announced the decision on Thursday in a memo that instructs officials to either decline to renew the contracts for private prison operators when they expire or “substantially reduce” the contracts’ scope. The goal, Yates wrote, is “reducing — and ultimately ending — our use of privately operated prisons.”

• Alder Logs likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!