• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

There are tons of ways to do it, think computer cooling or reverse central heating, both water (fluids) and air methods.

The cool humid air systems require exhausts and other devices, but they are more common when large.

Here is a semi-hobby basic design that allows for a cool humid air system and exhaust.

You will need something under the tent to catch any falling condensate.

Fruiting Chamber.png

• Nsnail likes this

#62 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,389 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

I just measured the temperature of the sump pit in the basement........56F............for sure things can be cooled by that. A barrel above ground draining water through a heat exchanger will have a pretty cool output with significant flow. Water cooled fruiting chambers, I like it. Good thinking guys!

• Nsnail and Ferather like this

#63 Nsnail

Nsnail

Slug

• Gold VIP
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

http://www.wpghci.co...w-it-works.html has a ton of info on geothermal heating and cooling. The scale they are referring to is for cooling an entire home so their design can be scaled down considerably. This idea is really coming together y'all. Looks like hdpe tubing in ground for a heat exchanger will be the most durable. Then transition to the copper in the fruiting area.

A google search of 'geothermal water cooling ' brings up some good info, seems a lot of people have had a similar idea for water cooling computers... crazy

Maybe I should start a new thread for this over in the mad scientist section of the forum.
  • Myc, Arathu and Ferather like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!