#41 Microbe

Microbe

"Uncle Mic"

• OG VIP
  • 2,483 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:51 PM

I just stir in water and slug it down, I really don't mind the taste and have no reason to try an alternate method of taking it.

I had not thought about the possible combined effects of wellbutrin and Kratom until you mentioned this Microbe. I have been fighting with high blood pressure for some time, and my meds to lower it stopped working. The doctor tried another bp med to add, and got very little reduction. He put me on Wellbutrin because of its amplifying effect on BP reduction meds, and getting used to that stuff was a bear for me.
I had not made a connection, but it was at this time that I started using the Kratom to get through the majority of the day without having to take the Norco/Soma combo, which I still do take at night. I noticed right away that I can use far less of the Norco/Soma if I had Kratom earlier, but also noticed my Blood pressure felt much better. I have not been to have it checked for a routine check yet, but I can feel the difference. If its from the wellbutrin or the Kratom I do not know, but am not inclined to screw with what is working for me.
I have lost weight I did not need since starting to use the Kratom almost daily. I also have been undergoing some treatment for anxiety, which has also become much better since using the Kratom.

Overall, I have far more benefits with Kratom, and so far could not say I see any negatives. As I said in the start of this thread, it really upsets me that I find something that really works, and the DEA decides to make this essentially unavailable, at least for a while.( like they have ever changed a classification to reflect realistic medical and scientific fact)

I have surgery schedualed for the 12th, to restructure my entire cervical spine area, and have two of the three fucked discs fused. The proceedure is newer, and uses my own bone from the removed massive spurs and a very small plastic piece to do the fusing. The proceedure will also open up the passage for the pinched nerves exiting these discs, and open the actual spinal cord passage which has been restricted and narrowed through this area, all of this contributing to the chronic and at times paralyzing pain I have been treating.

I hope to reach a point where I am no longer chemical and herb dependent after this, but any surgical proceedures involving the spinal cord and the vertebrae and nerves around it is not without risk . I just consider it an acceptable risk as compared to the alternate which is to do nothing.

I have been totally honest with all my doctors about my use of the Kratom and stated why and what it does to help. I know and believe it is doing more than just relieving pain and reducing the amount of opioids I need to be within a tolerable range. If I find it is having a benefit on reducing my BP as well, and keeping the anxiety more controlled, I am going to be extremely hesitant to give it up, even if the pain reduction is no longer a factor.

Wish I could afford to buy a kilo, but have ordered as much as I could scrape together, which is about 300 grams. I know that won't go very far long term, but I am hopeful the rescheduling is put on hold with enough support, and that some alternate supply lines open if not.

Man i feel for you and i hope a higher power relieves you of your pain someday. Kratom does lower blood pressure and its also a antioxidant among other things. Kratom saves lives period. It doesn't destroy the liver, kidneys, or any other organ in our body and there is no way that the DEA does not already know this.

My bp is excellent and i manage a large box store for a fortune 50 company with approximately 150 employees and with a real shitty customer base. There are tight deadlines, high expectations and even unrealistic expectations.

My wife is a untreated bipolar patient and with a 5 and 3 year old in the house both who throw fits and scream until we fail at parenting and just give in, it is very stressful at home. Not every day is bad but the only peace i find is at night when my family is asleep.

My point is with the stress levels in my life and mismanagement of it, coupled with my poor diet and lack of exercise, i should have hypertension. I promise you it helps lower blood pressure.

I accidentally ended up in a Pentecostal church, long story but it was mellow and no one was running and flopping around as if they were having a convulsions. I lost my faith over 20 years ago and i can say that i have been back to this church 3 times and plan to go at least twice a month in attempt to find my faith but i want healed of my anxiety and depression and not require a herb or pharma to survive. The pasture put his hands on me and prayed for me and spoke in tongues. It did absolutely nothing lmao. None the less it teaches my kids values so we are going until i see it become and an old fashion runaway holy spirit filled service because i dont want to be witnessed to that.

Im not giving up on trying to find god again and i hear about it all the time people being healed and im desperate and want to believe. My point to that is if i do become healed i will let you know if it worked. I probably need cleansed before i will become healed but i lm moving in the right direction. I am moving away from my agnostic beliefs and although i have not restored my faith so my prayers probably have lack of result, i will ask my pasture to pray for you and all my brother and sisters who suffer from pain and mental illness. Perhaps these ailments are the work of the devil.

I have read many parts of the bible over 2 decades ago and again i want to reiterate i am not a man of god, i do not live a god filled life, i am a sinner, but im changing and in no way am i trying to come off as a righteous man.

I mentioned that these ailments can be the work of the devil and if there is a god then how or why would he allow the devil to do this.

In the book of Job it discusses how god allowed for satan to cause pain and suffering to Job.

Job was a wealthy and righteous man and lived a sin free life and if my memory serves me right, he was the only man to have done so other then jesus. I may be wrong about that.

Satan goes up to heaven and dialogue takes place between satan and god and when done god given the devil permission to bring about disasters but was not allowed to take Job's life.

The devil brings about all these disasters which claims the life of Job's 7 sons and 3 daughters and taking away everything he had including his wealth.

Job keeps his faith and satan goes back up to heaven and more dialogue takes place. When it is over god had given permission to lay hands on Job but must not take his life.

Satan touches Job and Job becomes covered head to toe in painful infectious boils. Through all this he kept his faith even after his wife told him to curse god and take his own life.

There is much more to the story but at the end of the trials god blessed him and Job received twice as much he had before his trials began including having 7 more sons and 3 daughters.

(Copy and paste from the book of Job)

God speaks to Job and restores him. God knows that Job has received incorrect guidance from his friends, “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?” God fittingly declares that humans do not know everything. Then He humbles Job by asking a series of questions that could never be answered by anyone other than Almighty God; for example, “Have you understood the expanse of the earth? Tell Me, if you know all this”. God then brings him to an understanding that believers don’t always know what God is doing in their lives.

In the end, Job answers God by saying, “I have declared that which I did not understand”. God then blessed Job with twice as much as he had before his trials began.

If god is real and the bible is the word of god, then our pain and suffering is a trial and testament of our faith.

Seems cruel to me and in the old testament there are many versus that depict god as a angry god and merciless god.

Like i said im trying to find another way because i dint want to always depend on a herb or pharma to maintain a quality of life.

I hope you find peace someday sky and if i score some large quantities of kratom i will have no problem gifting any to you if ever in need.

Peace

Edited by Microbe77, 01 September 2016 - 03:57 PM.

• Heirloom Spores likes this

#42 Microbe

Microbe

"Uncle Mic"

• OG VIP
  • 2,483 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

http://www.copblock....banning-kratom/

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
  • Coopdog, Alder Logs and Heirloom Spores like this

#43 Microbe

Microbe

"Uncle Mic"

• OG VIP
  • 2,483 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

Im reading to defend kratom like i will this great country. Bring me the best of the best DEA agent and we shall fight till the death. If i win, they back off the scheduling and if they win, there will need to be another challenger lmao. Im getting more and more pissed. There are a few petitions i have seen including the one posted here but everywhere i read sais call our lobbyist and politicians who. Really, who will actually do that? How do i start the conversation? Has anyone ever done this?

#44 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:02 PM

I ended up getting 30g of kratom from a local headshop today. I also placed an order for two 100g packages of two different red vein varieties of kratom. In total with shipping it came out to just below 50 bucks, so that's not bad at all. 200g total will last me more than quite a long while. The 30g I just got will also last me a fair amount of time, but I wanted to enjoy something before waiting for my kratom to come in the mail.

Now that I know it'll be unavailable I'm going to use it even more sparingly to savor it while it's still available to me. I'll more than likely place one more order for kratom before the month is out and the DEA ban goes into effect.

The 10g I took earlier is kicking in now and my sore legs from exercise and work this week feel much better.

I really wonder how this is all going to play out in the end. I see lots of chatter in online kratom communities. People are signing the White House website's online petition, but those digital petitions probably don't do anything. People are saying they've called their state representatives and have phoned people at the White House to give them some feedback about how kratom has helped them and such.

There are also a few organizations that fight legally to try to keep kratom legal and available for people who use it to treat certain issues and who hope that more medical research can be done on it.

I mean, don't make it schedule I, but another schedule classification so scientists can keep researching it. There certainly are some medicinal applications of kratom that need to be looked into on a professional level so that society may benefit from this plant ally.

• Microbe and Heirloom Spores like this

#45 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,059 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:27 PM

I have written to my Senator before and one of his "Appointed Agents " wrote me back and even called. I think it was good for me to write my Senator and it helped.

Maybe if you tell them how it has helped you they might look into it and see its not dangerous at all. Maybe add some things printed off of internet sites to support your request to stop prohibition.

Keep your stash safe, we would all be upset if any harm came to you in any way , you how the community really does care about people everywhere.

peace

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher, Microbe and 1 other like this

#46 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,718 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:44 PM

I hope you find peace someday sky and if i score some large quantities of kratom i will have no problem gifting any to you if ever in need.

Peace

Thank you for all the kind sentiment my friend. I send positive wishes to you and your situation as well. I do have peace. I take some time every day, send my energetic roots deep, re-balance, turn off the internal dialogue, and simply bathe in the moment and be grateful. The circle always turns.

• Coopdog, Alder Logs, Juthro and 2 others like this

#47 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,480 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:57 PM

You are most loved, Skye, and held in my heart.   May all the grace there is to be seen be with you.

Edited by Alder Logs, 02 September 2016 - 06:17 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Juthro and 2 others like this

#48 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:18 PM

You know, I was thinking:

Wouldn't it be nice if people had a non-pharmaceutical option for kratom, you know, something well-studied, proven safe, and with high medicinal value?

Oh, I don't know, maybe something like cannabis?

I'd like to see kratom available at least to the medical community so it can continue to be studied, but for thousands of years in Southeast Asia kratom has been used successfully for its medicinal and recreational qualities.

It's a shame, really. I don't know if things will turn around while I'm still living. I'm still young, though, so hopefully, but it just grinds my gears if I think about it a while how the public is being deprived of things that are fairly harmless that can be good for them.

The worst I've ever experienced with kratom has been when I took too much. I get the hiccups and then become nauseated when I move around and vomit. Big deal. I just know to take less and get a tiny bit of food in my stomach when I feel it start to kick in.

We've still got our beer to help us relax and deal with minor aches and pains without killing ourselves so long as we're responsible and limit ourselves, but you know, it's just not the same as kratom.

When my order arrives it won't last forever, but at least kratom will now become a very special experience for me. Good thing that, if you have no tolerance, even 2g to 5g of kratom leaf can provide a medicinal and mildly pleasant experience.

• Sidestreet, Microbe and Heirloom Spores like this

#49 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

Relevant: DEA Argues That Public Comment Is Unnecessary Before Kratom Ban

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Acting Drug Enforcement Administrator Chuck Rosenberg testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee June 7, 2016 in Washington, D.C. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)

People with substance dependence issues or chronic pain were dealt a blow yesterday when the DEA announced their intent to effectively ban the medicinal chemicals present in the plant, Mitragyna speciosa, or kratom.

Chuck Rosenberg, acting administrator of the DEA, claims the action “is necessary to avoid an imminent hazard to the public safety.” As an example of the risks of kratom, the DEA cites a CDC study published this summer that counted 660 poison control calls during a five-year period from 2010 to 2015 on behalf of people suffering untoward reactions to the herb or teas made from the plant material.

The relative magnitude of this “hazard to public safety” has been called into question by kratom users and commenters here at Forbes. To put kratom risks in perspective, poison control centers received 6,843 reports of young children ingesting single-load laundry pods in just the first seven months of 2016.

When I first wrote about kratom for another publication earlier this summer, I had assumed that it was primarily used for recreational purposes because it has mild, self-limiting effects on opioid receptors. To my surprise, more than three-quarters of reader comments at Forbes and on my Twitter and Facebook feeds are from people who’ve been using kratom to relieve chronic pain, clinical anxiety and depression, and in recovery from opioid and alcohol dependence.

I’m truly fascinated by these testimonials despite the effects not being quantified in a controlled clinical trial. Very recent work from researchers at Columbia University and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center have revealed that the alkaloids in kratom have modest but distinctive effects on opioid receptors by selectively activating beneficial pathways over those that cause the majority of opioid side effects. These test tube and animal studies require further confirmation in clinical studies.

But my reading of the DEA’s notice of intent, as published today in the Federal Register, reveals that these accounts and the recently published data were not among the considerations leading to the temporary placement of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine onto Schedule I of the U.S. Controlled Substances Act.

But since this ruling will not take effect for 30 days–September 30, 2016–one would think that the agency would implement a public and scientific comment period and field the concerns of those who were blindsided by the announcement.

Well, that’s probably not going to happen.

Near the end of the Federal Register publication is this section on regulatory matters:

Inasmuch as section 201(h) of the CSA directs that temporary scheduling actions be issued by order and sets forth the procedures by which such orders are to be issued, the DEA believes that the notice and comment requirements of section 553 of the Administrative Procedure Act (APA), 5 U.S.C. 553, do not apply to this notice of intent. In the alternative, even assuming that this notice of intent might be subject to section 553 of the APA, the Administrator finds that there is good cause to forgo the notice and comment requirements[/size] of section 553, as any further delays in the process for issuance of temporary scheduling orders would be impracticable and contrary to the public interest in view of the manifest urgency to avoid an imminent hazard to the public safety. [emphasis mine]

To the contrary, an objective examination of the 100+ comments I’ve received here at Forbes tells me that foregoing the notice and comment requirements is in direct opposition to the public interest. At the very least, it’s an imbalance between the alleged risks of kratom and the anecdotal benefits of the herb.

In fact, banning kratom may cause more damage that leaving it as-is, bought and used as a botanical tea.

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 3 others like this

#50 Gnomesayin

Gnomesayin

Loph Whisperer

• VIP
  • 264 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

I have tried some of the extracts and yes many were more potent but short lived. I have always and still buy just the plain bali because of the price and effectiveness.

The first time i ever tried it i tossed and washed, absolutely no way and not in any circumstances. I make my own capsules.

Is there a better way to do it? Does the tea really work? I want to stretch my next purchase as far as i can. I plan to step down at work in the next 2 years because im done with all the corporate political bullshit and not ever seeing my family and that will help a lot and i wont need kratom. 40 hours a week, if im not well i call in sick, i have over 900 hours of sick pay accumulated so im good there.

I need to stay on this 2 more years and will order enough accordingly. I will get a fireproof safe also for it in the event of a fire lol.

Does tea allow for a stronger effect thus requiring less amount? If it is actually extracted then maybe it is more readily available versus consuming powdered form.

The doc doubled my dosage on both my trazodone and Wellbutrin and it seems to be working or at least reducing the severity of it. No doctors around will write any scripts for narcotics anymore at its plastered all over there doors and windows and they even tell you that when you call to schedule an appointment. At times i needed a benzo and resorted to calling my medicine doctor but since i have been on the Wellbutrin, i have had no need for a benzo so it is working.

Shit back to kratom! Does anyone here make a tea and id so can you tell me why?

https://mycotopia.ne...m-tea-boil-tek/

This is how I prepare my kratom. Lately I been using powdered kratom because it's available and affordable but I do prefer crushed leaf. Powder can be used for tea. It just takes sooo long to strain!

powdered kratom mixed into yogurt has been doing me well lately too.

• Juthro and Microbe like this

#51 catattack

catattack

Mycotopia's beast coast day shift helper. [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,655 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

It's gnome's 100th post!
  • Juthro and Microbe like this

#52 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,298 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:15 PM

Looks like they're calling it a temporary action, which conveniently appears to give them a loophole to avoid notice and comment- a basic procedure in regulation.  Yeah right, we'll see how temporary this ban is.

DEA exercises way too much power and needs to be checked hard.

• Zen_, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#53 Microbe

Microbe

"Uncle Mic"

• OG VIP
  • 2,483 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:23 PM

Relevant: DEA Argues That Public Comment Is Unnecessary Before Kratom Ban

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Acting Drug Enforcement Administrator Chuck Rosenberg testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee June 7, 2016 in Washington, D.C. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)

I bet he isnt even using a # 2 pencil. Shenanigans!
  • Sidestreet and Juthro like this

#54 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,298 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:47 PM

lol

He looks like he needs about a decade of sleep, a little sunshine, and a new hairpiece.  Oh yeah, and an exorcism.

Edited by Sidestreet, 03 September 2016 - 05:48 PM.

• Juthro, Microbe and Heirloom Spores like this

#55 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,209 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:12 PM

Hey now.... It's not nice to pick on the follicley (I think I made this word up) challenged...

I'm in that boat just so ya know, but I'll never wear a cheesy hair piece like that, just saying.

I like to think of it as finely getting to show off the scars of all those traumatic head injuries I got in my misspent youth :)
  • Sidestreet, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#56 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,298 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

I learned it's not cool to pick on people for lack of hairs up there, but that guy chose that hairstyle/rug so it's cool, right?  :biggrin:

• Microbe likes this

#57 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,209 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

I know your just funning, and so am I :) Out of likes, or you would have got another one BTW.

And unlike this guy, I'm not trying to impress anyone.

I am completely happy in my own skin, even if doesn't have hair in all of the places that it should, and is growing hair in places that I don't need it! I've lived and played hard, and have paid my dues. I don't need to pretend that I'm something that I'm not to be happy, cuz I'm already there.

Love you brother.
  • Sidestreet, Coopdog, Microbe and 1 other like this

#58 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,298 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:38 PM

Love you too! 

#59 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,209 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:43 PM

Love you too!

^^Another, "I'm out of likes"^^

#60 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,718 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:04 PM

Don't worry Juthro, we love ya just the way you are. Besides, where you live there are not that many weeks when anyone is likely to see you without some sort of head covering. (Wjfe excluded)

Mine turned silver white at 35, and has been falling out ever since, except for the new growth where it never was before......

(ears, nose, etc.

Regardless, I will never wear a cheesey hairpiece. I would rather tatoo my scalp first.......

• Juthro and Heirloom Spores like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!