Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Tapatalk users, PLEASE disable your default signature?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,124 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

For those who care not to share your Smart Phone's default signature and advertisement.
Please use the signature options through Mycotopia.net to customize your signature if you want one!
For Tapatalk users you do not see your annoying default signature while you’re are using Tapatalk, the rest of us using the actual Mycotopia site do see what device you’re using. For those that are unaware, Tapatalk is Not Mycotopia but an app or tool to interact with Mycotopia.net.
Without your cooperation in helping keep Mycotopia free from unwelcome Spam we may have to eliminate the option to have Mycotopia available on the Tapatalk App. Hope it doesn’t come to that point.

Here is the place to customize your actual Mycotopia signature in the proper place and much more aesthetically pleasing. If you’re concerned that the experience your are missing is because of Tapatalk and want people to know that you have navigation issues due to using Tapatalk, simply type “Tapatalk Disabled” or Forum Handicaped” in your sig line here: https://mycotopia.ne...&area=signature

Here are the steps to disable your Spam Signature.

Step one: Open Tapatalk App.
post-105498-0-26259000-1473033574.jpeg

Step Two: Select the "Me" option in the menu at bottom of screen.
post-105498-0-48872200-1473033683.jpeg

Step Three: Select the "Settings tab.
post-105498-0-80040000-1473033857.jpeg

Step Four: Select the "Siganture" tab.
post-105498-0-92919600-1473033951.jpeg

Step Five: Tap the button to disable/enable signature.
post-105498-0-69865800-1473034079.jpeg

That easy! Thanks folks.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

Edited by coorsmikey, 01 March 2018 - 09:35 PM.
Spelling errors due to using Tapatalk to post this thread.

• Zen_, Sidestreet, Myc and 6 others like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,124 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

Here is a reason to care to disable your Tapatalk signature. For those of us not using Tapatalk this is what we see from our end.
post-105498-0-37686900-1481336586.png

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0903.PNG

Edited by coorsmikey, 09 December 2016 - 09:29 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#3 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:03 AM

I'm always getting a 'switch to Taptalk' message on my screen and I aways wanted to know but never asked, how is Taptalk? and what are the advantages? Does the screen veiw look different?
  • wildedibles, Cue and MsBehavin420 like this

#4 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,056 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:09 AM

You're likely getting this due to accessing via mobile device.

Tapatalk is decent, but it's a completely different interface. Think of it as a different community altogether that has a portal into Mycotopia. The information is the same, but the interface is designed around mobile and not by us. 

Of course we would always prefer that folks use the full desktop version of the site that we've worked so hard on, but we also realize that Tapatalk represents a lot of available community members who prefer that interface. It has it's own integrated chat, etc, but it's also entirely a 3rd party service that we've connected with our community.

There is a mobile skin for the site, currently, and when the new design and upgrade are completed the site will simply be "responsive" and the mobile version will become unnecessary. Even in this instance, though, we'll likely keep Tapatalk around since so many people use it. Check it out, it certainly wouldn't hurt to look. I use it from time-to-time when I'm remote and only have my phone, unless I need the full version in which case I simply use my browser instead of Tapatalk.

To each their own! :)

• Hash_Man, wildedibles, SteampunkScientist and 1 other like this

#5 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:43 AM

And here I thought they were just bragging about their fancy phones.

index.jpeg

• Hash_Man, wildedibles and Spooner like this

#6 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

Thanks Zen
Yea I'll just stay this way, when I just click in it has like a gentic bare bones screen then at the bottom it has option for full version I always click that, but I think when I'm on my laptop it's a little better... I may be wrong though
  • wildedibles likes this

#7 JustAnEyedea

JustAnEyedea

Destroy Your Television

• Black VIP
  • 628 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

I don't get the prompt to use it. I just use my browser o the site itself. the mobile version is easy enough, but i prefer the full version on my mobile. More options.

#8 Sophiblogger

Sophiblogger

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hello, 

I have never used Taptalk. After this post, I already downloaded the app and it looks pretty much interesting. ! :cool:

#9 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,124 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

Welcome! Hopefully you disable your signature :)
  • Microbe likes this

#10 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

I may be linking some members here. I find it obnoxious for some reason.

#11 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,932 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

I can't stand that cookies get sneaked that cause the tappatalk app to attempt to get me to download it, annoyingly over top of the forum. I guess dismissing it 100 times is not enough.

It doesn't seem to be happening as much anymore. I switch back and forth between the standard Android forum app, and the website all the time.

What does tappatalk give you? Legit question.

The only thing that doesn't work on either in my phone is emoticons.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 25 January 2018 - 09:56 PM.

#12 bottlebomber

bottlebomber

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for the info! I’ll look into changing it now
  • coorsmikey likes this

#13 MicroMycoMan

MicroMycoMan

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

If the spam tactics weren't enough to steer me away, the nag tactic they use on the mobile site would be..

Making folks aware of the app is one thing, but the Lazarus-Toast repeatedly consuming nearly 1/4 of the usable space on my phone display is either coercive or thoughtless and I'm not sure which is worse! Lol.

That being said, they got me in the end due to the fact that I was only able to successfully upload photos from my phone using the desktop site (either method) once, and now it seems to fail every time. :'(

As a compromise, I intend to peruse the forums and study using the desktop version and ocassionally post using the app.

Not sure how Tapatalk manages to scramble such a well laid out knowledgebase as the one you guys have curated, but trying to consume this site's information through Tapatalk is beyond frustrating at best, and potentially confusing to the point of being counterproductive.

Whew.....I honestly didn't expect to come off so negative when I started typing this! I am truly sorry for vomitting on your thread, but I promise I'll be even more positive anywhere else I contribute for having expressed this annoyance here! :D

Back to what I came here for in the first place....

Thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers,
MicroMycoMan
  • coorsmikey likes this

#14 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,124 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

The more vomit in this thread the better! Tapatalk is nice for the alerts that the site don’t offer like @coorsmikey, will send me a Tapatalk alert. It is also nice to go to that post directly and make a quick reply. Easy photo uploads but a lot people don’t realize that they really aren’t uploading their pic, Tapatalk inserts a url for the photo uploaded to their server. Those urls expire or change over time and the once nice thread here becomes crap because the links to the photos are no good anymore.
If people would disable their sig, I can say that switching back and forth from the desktop version and Tapatalk for convenience does make a nice combination on the overall experience.

#15 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

Here is a reason to care to disable your Tapatalk signature. For those of us not using Tapatalk this is what we see from our end.
post-105498-0-37686900-1481336586.png

I have never owned an A0001 phone in my life. Only a C&B666 which is my phone number too. Oh yeah and I had a BUTT69 model too.

#16 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,124 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:10 PM

Here is a reason to care to disable your Tapatalk signature. For those of us not using Tapatalk this is what we see from our end.post-105498-0-37686900-1481336586.png

I have never owned an A0001 phone in my life. Only a C&B666 which is my phone number too. Oh yeah and I had a BUTT69 model too.
That was someone that posted on your thread with an A0001. Must have not been Microbe with a LGLS992 either. Even though I get people that have a hard time loading your Gifs with poor bandwidth, I don’t think you have ever been that annoying with your sigs.

Edited by coorsmikey, 01 March 2018 - 10:11 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#17 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:32 PM

Here is a reason to care to disable your Tapatalk signature. For those of us not using Tapatalk this is what we see from our end.post-105498-0-37686900-1481336586.png

That was someone that posted on your thread with an A0001. Must have not been Microbe with a LGLS992 either. Even though I get people that have a hard time loading your Gifs with poor bandwidth, I don’t think you have ever been that annoying with your sigs.

So you're just going to ignore BUTT69 and C&B666 jokes? I mean, that's your decision, but still..

• Spooner likes this

#18 MicroMycoMan

MicroMycoMan

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:14 AM

The more vomit in this thread the better! Tapatalk is nice for the alerts that the site don’t offer like @coorsmikey, will send me a Tapatalk alert. It is also nice to go to that post directly and make a quick reply. Easy photo uploads but a lot people don’t realize that they really aren’t uploading their pic, Tapatalk inserts a url for the photo uploaded to their server. Those urls expire or change over time and the once nice thread here becomes crap because the links to the photos are no good anymore.
If people would disable their sig, I can say that switching back and forth from the desktop version and Tapatalk for convenience does make a nice combination on the overall experience.

Oh, those sneaky bastards! That seals the deal for me....uninstalling this janky app after this very post.

Any one of you ever gets to know me well enough to @me will just have to wait until I sit my happy ass back down at a PC. I'm taking this bitch back to 1999. :D

Literally clearing all the crap off my desk right now and blowing the dust out of the fans to see if the damn thing even still works. Ooooh I thought I was salty before! Lmao.

Was about to post a pic of my first pin this go around but I'll be damned if they get to keep pictures of my babies on their shady ass servers while the people who actually helped me raise them get a 404 in their faces...

I'll be back in a few.

MicroMycoMan

#19 guyakaguy

guyakaguy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for the advice @coorsmikey.

I tend to gravitate toward forums that interface with the Tapatalk app, but I’m definitely not a fan of the ads (who is?).

I’ll be sure to post all pics over the “real” interwebs though, as I can’t stand the error messages, etc.

#20 baneone4u

baneone4u

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

Believe I've done this correctly now.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!