28 replies to this topic

#21 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,642 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

This thread has taken a new direction from where it started, but is IMO even more of interest with the opening of discussion of Magic and Ritual.

dp, please do not ever feel like "the insane repeater". There are many ears here now that would not know what has been said here before, and your experiences and opinions are always most welcome.

SpS, I believe you would also at least encourage caution, as none of this is wisely delved into with immaturity and selfish goals, and I know you are neither.

It is my opinion that no amount of time studying and learning can prepare for all the potential's, and if understanding and intent is not clear, Ritual and spelling is guaranteed to go very wrong. There are too many who entered into the usage of Magic for all the wrong reasons and did so carelessly. It is not a plaything or amusement to be toyed with, and for those I have seen, who would delude themselves otherwise, it did not go well.................................................

• Heirloom Spores, SteampunkScientist and happy4nic8r like this

#22 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,112 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

I'm mostly ignorant when it comes the subject of magic, and I freely admit that. I wont go so far as to say I'm a non-believer, as I have seen and heard things that I cant explain. But I am naturally skeptical about things I do not fully understand. I've always wanted to know "why", and "how" things work, that is just my nature.

Though I am smart enough to know that there are many things I don't know, and that my not knowing about them, doesn't mean they don't exist.

So I sit here with an open mind, and a respectful tone, please continue.
  • Skywatcher, Alder Logs, Heirloom Spores and 1 other like this

#23 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practice

• OG VIP
  • 2,906 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:38 PM

I posted in anger , and am trying to remove that from me right now.

I regret what I have called for in the past, as it came to be. I felt no satisfaction from the results.
I tapped into the universe and pleaded with it and spoke my case to it , demanding justice . ^^

I have known people who are scared to death of majick, as they have seen things that cannot be defined or explained.

Still I want to practice  what seems natural to me. Though my grandmother and mom and dad tried magic , they could do nothing
compared to me.

To me it is natural and easy

• Skywatcher likes this

#24 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,994 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

This thread has taken a new direction from where it started, but is IMO even more of interest with the opening of discussion of Magic and Ritual.

dp, please do not ever feel like "the insane repeater". There are many ears here now that would not know what has been said here before, and your experiences and opinions are always most welcome.

SpS, I believe you would also at least encourage caution, as none of this is wisely delved into with immaturity and selfish goals, and I know you are neither.

It is my opinion that no amount of time studying and learning can prepare for all the potential's, and if understanding and intent is not clear, Ritual and spelling is guaranteed to go very wrong. There are too many who entered into the usage of Magic for all the wrong reasons and did so carelessly. It is not a plaything or amusement to be toyed with, and for those I have seen, who would delude themselves otherwise, it did not go well.................................................

I hear you Sky, and I apologize to all if you if I sounded a bit defensive there. Believe me, I know there is power here, and like electricity, it can be harnessed for good uses, or... you can seriously hurt or kill yourself with it. I understand that.

In the same token, let's realize that being a pioneer and doing things that have not been done before is never "safe". You prepare as best you can, but ultimately you step out into unknown waters. You hope your "floaties" will be enough, but they may not be.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#25 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,642 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:51 PM

I hear you Sky, and I apologize to all if you if I sounded a bit defensive there. Believe me, I know there is power here, and like electricity, it can be harnessed for good uses, or... you can seriously hurt or kill yourself with it. I understand that.

In the same token, let's realize that being a pioneer and doing things that have not been done before is never "safe". You prepare as best you can, but ultimately you step out into unknown waters. You hope your "floaties" will be enough, but they may not be.

I have taken nothing you said as defensive, or in any way suggesting anything less than maintaining an open and state of mind. When stepping into untried paths, Intuitive direction is IMO always the best way to move forward (thank you Heirloom).

You have mentioned the mixing in of psionics somewhere before, and the idea is intriguing as I understand this, but also some interpretations of psyonics is not out of line with some ancient practices and "forgotten?" arts.  I agree, new ways do not come without some risk. I am not meaning to discourage you or those who forge into new directions. I happen to believe you would be triple checking your "floaties" before wading in, and one who may well succeed where others did not think to explore.

I'll leave you with this which I found apropo to this interesting subject..............

1. You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. -R. Buckminster Fuller

(edit) Merely posting this reply created a most bizaar and interesting electronic glitch, that i was able to bypass and get around to get this visible. Electricity likes to play with me at times.

(edit 2,) obviously this thread is one of the grey areas I spoke of when these forums first launched, where Religion and Spirituality and Mysticism seem to all be appropriate places for the discussion.....

Edited by Skywatcher, 10 September 2016 - 10:04 PM.

• Juthro and SteampunkScientist like this

#26 catattack

catattack

JAZZ HANDS!

• OG VIP
  • 5,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:00 PM

1. You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. -R. Buckminster Fuller

That is a beautiful and true perspective/method/goal.

I got it too:

post-147940-0-90619100-1473562982.png

Attached Thumbnails

• catBeserk.PNG

Edited by catattack, 10 September 2016 - 10:04 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#27 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,211 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:07 PM

I am intuitively being pulled toward simplicity and away from complexity.  

Edited by Alder Logs, 10 September 2016 - 10:08 PM.

• Skywatcher and catattack like this

#28 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,642 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:09 PM

How long did it last for you cat, before correcting? This is part of what I got, except it was my avatar.

I got it too:

post-147940-0-90619100-1473562982.png

Edited by Skywatcher, 10 September 2016 - 11:37 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#29 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,994 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:10 PM

I got it too sky when I tried to like your post! It won't let me... I was able to like your next post however....

Methinks the magickal gremlins be afoot!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 11 September 2016 - 06:11 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!