Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Gnomes Information and grow log of Mitragyna Speciosa (Kratom)

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,970 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:14 PM

Just lovely Gnome! You are well becoming a master of the Kratom! You have made so many leaps and bounds it's amazing. This thread is golden!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
  • coorsmikey, bozefonce, Gnomesayin and 1 other like this

#82 bozefonce

bozefonce

peculiar star

• OG VIP
  • 648 posts

Donator

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

Looks great, gnome! The Mimosa looks very happy, so glad to see it's enjoying its new home. Here's a nice pic of my new seedling thanks to you! Seems like every week or two it puts on a new set of leaves. It's lost a couple leaves here in there because they've aged out and those were the bruised ones from when it was shipped. But it really is loving this climate. We've had plenty of rain and plenty of sunshine. It's been extremely warm and humid so it seems like this is an ideal place for such a lovely plant. Soon I'll be asking you for some advice on cloning cuz it has plenty of new shoots that can be used for cuttings.

Thanks again! a30f168c7d62c3f74e1bb7cb586c99dd.jpg

#rootbraintheory
  • Heirloom , skunk, Gnomesayin and 1 other like this

#83 ThumbPrint

ThumbPrint

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:27 AM

Great work everyone!!!

Gnome your amazing!

Gnome please pm me.

Love, Light & Happy Trails

• Gnomesayin likes this

#84 ThumbPrint

ThumbPrint

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Heres the Krat Family!

Love, Light & Happy Trails

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1754.JPG
  • DSCN1755.JPG
  • DSCN1756.JPG
  • DSCN1758.JPG

• bozefonce, Heirloom , Gnomesayin and 1 other like this

#85 bozefonce

bozefonce

peculiar star

• OG VIP
  • 648 posts

Donator

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

My Kratom plant has been thriving of late and I figured it was a good time to repot. I took great care to layer the bottom with some lava rocks and larger chunks of bark for good drainage down below, then some coarse gravel over that, and above that a good mix of organic garden soil mixed with some dolomite lime, worm castings, a portion of limestone gravel and pebble-sized lava rocks, along with bark fines in addition to some Hydro Rock and a few other soil additives that I probably have missed. All this in what I considered to be appropriate proportions but definitely on the fly. Call this my cross-your-fingers mix, lol. My aim was to achieve some good oxygen flow, and with plenty of organic material and mineral additives for this red-veined beauty to grow strong and develop good healthy roots. Top off with river pebbles and water deeply. e4f99dabff26b4857b70711c16a472a0.jpg

#rootbraintheory
  • Heirloom , Gnomesayin and Nsnail like this

#86 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,811 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

Looks beautiful, getting tall nice branch on the bottom.

• bozefonce and Gnomesayin like this

#87 Gnomesayin

Gnomesayin

Loph Whisperer

• Black VIP
  • 302 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 01:48 AM

Bozefonce, that's looking really good. The transplant should allow it to really start taking off with some new growth. Your mix sounds fine. But I suspect with that mix you may be watering every day, drainage isn't so important with kratom. I've read that in some native parts that kratom grows it can experience wet seasons and floods with the entire base of the tree submerged in water for weeks to months. These babies won't drown or get wet feet.

Edited by Gnomesayin, Yesterday, 01:57 AM.

#88 Gnomesayin

Gnomesayin

Loph Whisperer

• Black VIP
  • 302 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 01:55 AM

"Another thing I wondered about was what the soil was like. It was very fine, muddy, swampy soil, colorful and rich in minerals and nutrients from centuries of plants growing upon it. I suspect it never fully dries out, and the farmers say the plants do even better in the rainy season when the ground is submerged in water."
Indonesia3-954-768x1024.jpg

Here's a good read about kratom farms.

http://www.greenhous....com/indonesia/
  • bozefonce and Heirloom like this

#89 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 659 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:10 AM

i grew a plant in dwc for 4 years or lil more, it loved the water, was nearing to big to keep indoors by then. so yeah they do not mind wet roots from what i have seen

• bozefonce, Heirloom and Gnomesayin like this

#90 bozefonce

bozefonce

peculiar star

• OG VIP
  • 648 posts

Donator

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 AM

Excellent feedback my friends, surely appreciated. I was kind of indecisive as you can see about the wet feet issue. I did all I could to provide best drainage possible, but it's also in a decent sized saucer. My thought was that if too much water was going to be a problem then I could just put it on a stand instead. The info posted by Gnomesayin is especially heartening because it tells me these are very resilient plants. This one is in a great, sunny spot and will love all the water it gets :)

#rootbraintheory

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!