#21 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,728 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:30 AM

Discretion said it well. There are good people out there in that job but, as for the rest of them...

post-136504-0-52388200-1475080233.jpg

fuck-the-police.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 28 September 2016 - 11:31 AM.

• coorsmikey, Discretion and Heirloom like this

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

I wish I could find this old political cartoon that my late friend used to have on his wall.   The bailiff is blowing up a doll of a man in a suit holding a briefcase while the judge is saying, "If you can't afford an attorney, we will have one inflated for you."

• Juthro and Heirloom like this

#23 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,580 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:45 PM

The cops got a tip that someone broke into the apartment and that is the excuse they are using to justify the illegal entry.

Just curious, is there any reason that someone would have called and reported a break-in or do you think they fabricated the tip?

Like I said, you may not be able to get an appointed attorney because of the nature of the charged offense, but I would try to get one.  You're far better off even with a mediocre attorney.

I can't speak for every legal community, but where I am the court-appointed attorneys are the same attorneys that you would retain.  Most are good, one or two are not.  Unfortunately you don't get to choose.  If you got the worst one, I still suspect you'd be in a better position than if you didn't get one at all.

Edited by Sidestreet, 28 September 2016 - 03:47 PM.

• Discretion and Gnomesayin like this

#24 treign

treign

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 202 posts

Donator

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:18 AM

did you get a possession charge or just disorderly. ?

if disorderly is all you got, just plea not guilty and make them prove it.

a possession charge on the other hand  depending on the state youre in can be made an attempt to possess just by talking to the prosecution attorney, some will talk to you some make you have the court appointed defender talk for you.  but ask to  make the deal of no fine with a plea in obeisance not to get another charge in six months at that point no record of ever being a charge. walk away while brushing it off your shoulder. assuming youre weed wasnt more than personal sized and not all in one bag.

anyway good luck. there are some cool cops out there. but 90% are power hungry freaks waiting and wanting to be able to use their gun.      

#25 treign

treign

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 202 posts

Donator

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:23 AM

i would bet money on the cop not getting fucked by the horse. is telling the one that is. to just hold still while he calls for back up. but gets his phone out for a picture instead 

• Heirloom likes this

#26 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,728 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:35 PM

i would bet money on the cop not getting fucked by the horse. is telling the one that is. to just hold still while he calls for back up. but gets his phone out for a picture instead

Do you think this is what they mean by 'Mounted Patrol'?

{;P)
  • coorsmikey likes this

#27 treign

treign

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 202 posts

Donator

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

i would call it that :bat:  :deadhorse:

#28 Discretion

Discretion

big ol pile of flapjacks

• Expired Member
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

The cops got a tip that someone broke into the apartment and that is the excuse they are using to justify the illegal entry.

You're far better off even with a mediocre attorney.

I can't speak for every legal community, but where I am the court-appointed attorneys are the same attorneys that you would retain.  Most are good, one or two are not.  Unfortunately you don't get to choose.  If you got the worst one, I still suspect you'd be in a better position than if you didn't get one at all.

This is the case where I live as well, It seems it would have to be the case for any reasonably small legal district.

Makes me wish I had gone with court appointed, I might've gotten the same dude and saved a grand :) lol

Furthur, not sure if anyones said it, but most lawyers offer free consultations on legal matters, it might be worth your time to go see one or two if you can't afford an attorney.

Discretion

• Juthro likes this

#29 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:18 PM

While this does not help any one , it helps me. I found out 30 minutes ago my niece went  on a ride along with cops in
Florida last night from like 4 in the afternoon to 6 in the morning.

I said I wanted her checked for sex assault but my dumb sister said she's 18. My dumb niece thinks she is going to be a detective.
Only thing she will detect is being stupid!

I am never going to talk to them again.  I have helped them out financially in the past but they won't get a penny from me ever again
not a penny from my life insurance nothing.

I feel better , expressing my disappointment and fear.

peace to us all

• Juthro and Discretion like this

#30 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,728 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

She (your niece) is still young enough to know it all, HS. Hopefully she will come around.

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do"
  • Heirloom likes this

#31 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:50 PM

juthro , you are right I was young and did things I don't approve of now.

• Juthro likes this

#32 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,728 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

Your a good man, HS, and I don't blame you one red cent for being upset. It would bother me too. Hell, I'm upset for you.

But I remember when I was younger and thought I could see the whole big picture clearly.

I later found that the picture was much less cut and dry, once my perspective was broadened by life's experience.

I hope it all works out well, for all of you.

Peace to you brother.

Edited by Juthro, 29 September 2016 - 07:26 PM.

• Sidestreet, Discretion and Heirloom like this

#33 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:50 AM

Whether we believe in miracles or not, it is a miracle that many of us survived being young.  Now, after long days of a rushed roof installation to beat the rains that are supposed to be coming today, on that tiny house I am building, it's a miracle I am still surviving being old.

• Sidestreet, Juthro, Discretion and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!