• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:11 AM

Hey Mycotopiates, furthur here and im posting this thread as a tid bit of insider info on a fellow mycology forum. We all love the mushrooms and there is no reason we shouldnt all get along.

I was an administrator on Shroomotopia and a member there for many years. It pains me to inform everyone here that the website is no more and i fear the threads may be lost forever now.

I dont know if anyone has ever stopped there to hang out and get to know anyone but its gone now and there is no word if it will return in the future. For that reason im here now and hope to make some friends here just like i did there.

Im in for a life long haul of studying mushrooms and having a blast doing it. I just hope more shroomotopia members surface and start adding to the threads here.
  • roc, MLBjammer, Myc and 7 others like this

#2 Gnomesayin

Gnomesayin

Loph Whisperer

• Black VIP
  • 338 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:53 AM

I'm saddened to hear your homes doors have shut. When one closes, another opens. Welcome to topia!

I'm sure you'll fit in here, I hope you may recover your archives and that more of your buddies from there find themselves on the path to topia!

Gnomesayin?!

• MLBjammer, Myc and coorsmikey like this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,564 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

Wecome Further1

I am sorry you have lost a pkace you felt invested and obviously fond of. You and everyone is welcome here. I have no doubt you will feel as welcome and make new (and perhaps even reconnect with a few old) friends here as well.

I understand the sadness of loss of thread history. We lost some old excellent material at one time during a dificult migration, but there is the reason to rebuild those archives, and I know we would all welcome more good information.

Glad you found your way here and I hope you soon feel very at home.................

Skye

• MLBjammer, coorsmikey, MycoBabe and 1 other like this

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

I just hope more shroomotopia members surface and start adding to the threads here.

Maybe throw them an invite? We would love to meet all of them. 

• Zen_, MLBjammer, coorsmikey and 2 others like this

#5 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

Welcome. I'm sure there are a fair few members there that are also members here. Make yourself at home.
  • Sidestreet, MLBjammer, Hash_Man and 2 others like this

#6 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:45 PM

howdy and welcome !

#7 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,036 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

So I found this.

It would appear as though all your forums were member only. Else; we may have been able to scrape some content from the web archive and preserve some of your work and effort. If that's something you would have wanted to do.

I'm not sure of the circumstances, but if it's possible to pay an extra month or finagle in some way to get your server back online long enough to scrape it, we could do that as well. Essentially, it sucks to lose so much and we would be willing to do as much as reasonable to help you preserve in some fashion.

Generally, sorry you had to lose the site and the work. At the very least you are here now so welcome home! 

• Sidestreet, Myc, coorsmikey and 6 others like this

#8 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,022 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:40 AM

Sorry to hear the news Furthur! It saddens me to think of the loss of a community more than the data loss. I can't imagine the impact that must have or if it happened here in this community. I can say "Welcome" again, and I am glad you decided to join here! Please reach out to your friends and family and let them know they are also welcome? As a community or sister sites with likeminded folk, I would like to encourage our community here at Mycotopia to reach out also and invite our friends and give them a warm welcome! I will post a welcome thread in our Welcome Mat and hopefully others will follow to Furthur. I don't know the reason or why Shroomotopia is down or if it is temporary or permanent. I do feel the loss though.
  • Sidestreet, Myc and Gnomesayin like this

#9 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:02 PM

I'm sorry that your community is now gone. I remember there was this one small, but tight-knit active community mainly dealing with cannabis, but other discussion was had there, too. I met a lot of cool internet buddies from that place, but then it kicked the can ages ago. It's never fun to lose a cool online hangout spot.

Hopefully you and some others from Shroomotopia can come here or go to other similar communities to all stay in touch and continue spreading the knowledge.

• Sidestreet likes this

#10 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:58 PM

Hey Furthur1, I've been to that forum once or twice guess I musta signed as a member if it was members read only. . so that's where your from I knew you weren't just some ya-hoo judging from the pictures of your first thread . . like neimandgeist I was on a great somewhat little marijuana fourm and it went down for ever right be my eyes, clicked something after I was read a final PM ... and gone . . So I feel for you and the members . .

Anyway sad day for our brothers maybe by you posting this they might find you

Edited by Hash_Man, 29 September 2016 - 12:06 AM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#11 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,380 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:16 AM

[Direct Link]

#12 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,876 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

Further1. I just imagined myself signing into Mycotopia one day and discovering that it was down for good so as to get into your headspace. A terrible thought! I have so many friends and have learned so much on this forum, and hopefully have lent some knowledge myself. I can't really imagine just how painful that would be, but i assure you this community is an incredible one, and I'm sure you will find a home here!

So come on in! Our tent is big, and we have plenty of room and smiles. Let me pass you the peace pipe of friends and family you will find here...it's loaded with some really good shit! ;)

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 02 October 2016 - 09:24 AM.

• coorsmikey, Alder Logs, moxieshroom and 1 other like this

#13 morvis

morvis

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

Hey Furthur, good to see a familiar name. Hope to see more trickling over as well in the next few weeks/months.

• roc, coorsmikey, MycoBabe and 2 others like this

#14 moxieshroom

moxieshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:06 PM

hey guys... Been a member of shroomotopia for many years.very sad that it's gone. I've also been a member here for a while.. Glad to see a few of the ol members showing up. Thanks to all the members here for the warm welcome.

Morvis, Furthur, glad to see you guys

Edited by moxieshroom, 08 October 2016 - 10:10 PM.

• roc, Sidestreet, Juthro and 3 others like this

#15 Ramble

Ramble

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:33 AM

I think more of us will surface :) I've been talking to Floyd and he said he'lol probably sign up :)
  • roc, Sidestreet, PsyBearknot and 3 others like this

#16 moxieshroom

moxieshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:16 AM

Cool. I know dmd is here also. Have not seen him online in a while though.
  • SteampunkScientist and Ramble like this

#17 budk1ng

budk1ng

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

Hello all... just returning after a hiatus and just wanted to say that I'm bummed the 'topia is gone. It was probably the forum I was most active in. I came looking for some pictures I had posted in the 12 incher club and found this thread letting me know it was a futile search. Either way, my studies are continuing and are in full swing! Glad to be a part of the community.
  • roc, CatsAndBats and SteampunkScientist like this

#18 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,876 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

Well this "'topia" is strong as ever and a wonderful community of loving folks! Welcome home... pull up a chair and join in!
  • budk1ng likes this

#19 DMD

DMD

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

tis a sad day... but oh well further and the others from shroomotopia hopefully migrated here as well.

• SteampunkScientist and TyPi like this

#20 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 315 posts

Donator

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Further1. I just imagined myself signing into Mycotopia one day and discovering that it was down for good so as to get into your headspace. A terrible thought! I have so many friends and have learned so much on this forum, and hopefully have lent some knowledge myself. I can't really imagine just how painful that would be, but i assure you this community is an incredible one, and I'm sure you will find a home here!

So come on in! Our tent is big, and we have plenty of room and smiles. Let me pass you the peace pipe of friends and family you will find here...it's loaded with some rerally good shit! ;)

Your first line just wacked me big time and i havnt even started growing
I love this site
  • Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!