#1 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:33 PM

'Go ahead & kill' drug addicts, Philippines president says

New Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte, who has recently declared "a bloody war” on drug cartels, has called on willing Filipinos to “go ahead and kill” drug addicts, amid concerns that “getting their parents to do it would be too painful.”

Duterte, who said during his campaign that some 100,000 criminals would die in his crackdown, their bodies dumped in Manila Bay, has been conspicuously deaf to criticism that he was promoting a “culture of death" in his native country.

After taking his oath inside the Malacanang presidential palace, Duterte, 71, continued his defiance and threats against drug traffickers in front of a crowd of some 500 people gathered in a Manila slum Thursday night.

"These sons of whores are destroying our children. I warn you, don't go into that, even if you're a policeman, because I will really kill you," the outspoken Philippines leader told the crowd, AFP reported.

"If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself as getting their parents to do it would be too painful," he added.

Setting up funeral parlors would help earn some money, Duterte noted.

"I assure you [that] you won't go bankrupt. If your business slows I will tell the police, 'Do it faster to help the people earn money.'"

During his speech at the presidential palace, Duterte highlighted that among the key problems that currently "bedevil" Philippines are"corruption, both in the high and low echelons in government, criminality in the streets and the rampant sale of illegal drugs in all strata of Philippines society and the breakdown of law and order."

Duterte warned that his fight against crime would be "relentless and sustained," pledging that it will remain within the boundaries of the law.

"As a lawyer and former prosecutor, I know the limits of the power and authority of the president. I know what is legal and what is not. My adherence to due process and rule of law is uncompromising," Duterte vowed.

Unsurprisingly, such rhetoric has not endeared Dutarte to local drug lords. Last month, they raised the bounty they had put on the president, the Manila Bulletin reported. Over $1 million has now been promised for the assassination of the new leader.

Duterte in his turn offered a reward of 5 million pesos ($108,000) for a drug lord “if he is dead,” urging the public to join his far-reaching anti-crime fight.

Documents released by WikiLeaks allege that Duterte, who was mayor of the southern city of Davao for over 22 years, has been linked with a vigilante group called the Davao Death Squad. According to Human Rights Watch, these “brutal death squads have claimed the lives of more than 1,000 people” during his tenure as mayor.

https://www.rt.com/news/349104-kill-drug-addicts-philippines/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/02/more-than-700-killed-in-less-than-three-months-in-filipino-drugs-crackdown

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/philippines-president-encourages-civilians-to-go-ahead-and-kill-drug-addicts_us_57767fc8e4b04164640f91c2

Edited by riseabovethought, 01 October 2016 - 12:34 PM.

• Sidestreet and niemandgeist like this

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,501 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:06 PM

[Direct Link]

#3 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

human beings will always elude my sensibilities. not that i am perfect and sensible but Ive never had the power to condemn a population to death.

helll power is a motherfucker maybe its that people when faced with such powers just digress to doing retched things,perhaps ill never know as i may never wield that type of powers but lets hope that its not so and it takes a special type of person and this type of person is far and few in between. how do such people reach such positions of power? divine intervention i should hope not. why is it that the ruthless are the ones in these situations that reach such stature. do the good need to become ruthless and to what avail or are the good destined to be subjugated for eternity. maybe drug addicts are not good people and need to meet their maker but who is to say. certainly not I.

• Skywatcher, Juthro and Heirloom like this

#4 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:49 PM

Philippine leaders are not know to be good people but corrupt.

He say's " getting their parents to do this would be too painful".
He calls them "son's of whores" , make's me think this is a Freudian slip and he is the son of a whore.

A trumph bastard

• wildedibles, Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,727 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:54 PM

Did anyone else see where he (Duterte) was comparing himself to Hitler the other day? This guy is a whack job.

And while I agree drug addiction, and abuse causes a lot of misery and pain, I don't think it causes near as much as the addiction, and abuse of power.
  • wildedibles, invisibilitysyndrome, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#6 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,977 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

Good Grief,

this dude needs a huge dose of laxative and a good trip

you know, one of those ego cleansing ass kicker trips

and what does he have against the people living near the Bay? the image of it awash in the bodies of ten thousand dead addicts ain't for the tourist brochures :(

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#7 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 791 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

Good Grief,

this dude needs a huge dose of laxative and a good trip

you know, one of those ego cleansing ass kicker trips

and what does he have against the people living near the Bay? the image of it awash in the bodies of ten thousand dead addicts ain't for the tourist brochures :(

The Bay is exactly where he wants to dump his tens of thousands of bodies right where all the poor people can see them every day. This is simple intimidation. Drives home a solid point of "do not mess with me". It starts with drugs and criminals then moves to anyone or thing in his path.

• Skywatcher likes this

#8 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:52 PM

I took some time to do some reading on the drug problem in the Philippines and a large percentage of users are government worker and involve police and military at the top as large dealers.

The US government is involved in the Philippine drug war at some level claiming that the Sinaloa cartel - El Chapos org. has  an involvement in the drug problem there. The Chinese are also accused of providing drugs in an effort to destabilize the country.

The drug of choice is shabu aka meth. I wonder where these poor Pinoys get the peso's to buy drugs.

I got no solution to the meth problem there ,we have a bad problem with meth here. 

I gotta go, it's going to be dark soon so I need to lock up as the meth heads will be coming out for the night.

• riseabovethought likes this

#9 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:37 PM

meth is one hell of a drug, but nothing to be killed over, or "any" drug addict..  this guy also want the US military out of his country, and has recently said that this years military drills will be the last.. we will see him come running when china invades (i think they already have). 

• riseabovethought, wildedibles, Juthro and 1 other like this

#10 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,280 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:38 AM

Here in Canada we put our addicts on the meth-a-done program .......but the dr still lets them use thier weed......puts them on the radar to get busted later.....We are soposed to be stoping our war on drugs in Canada by making weed legal but we have to wait one more fall cant take all the cops revenue away can we?
  • Skywatcher, Juthro and Pan1 like this

#11 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,727 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:02 PM

I hear ya WildE, here in AK we fought and voted for legalized MJ back in 2014. The politicians are still doing everything they can to drag their feet, to the point that not a single gram has yet to be sold legally in two years time. Yet the are still crying about being broke, need new taxes, ect...

I'm so sick of them all, they are all crooks, every damn one of them.
  • Sidestreet, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#12 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,770 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

Take all those corrupt politicians, stick a few joints of your crappiest shake in their luggage and fly them to the Philippines. 

• Sidestreet and Heirloom like this

#13 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,501 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:28 PM

how do such people reach such positions of power?

High-functioning psychopaths have what it takes to attain such positions (e.g. ruthlessness, lack of empathy), which is why the world is largely run by them now.

These are some posts from a neuroscientist's blog that hasn't been updated in a while (and the whole thing is still well-worth a browse):

http://neurologicalc...it-excuse-evil/

http://neurologicalc...st-5-years-now/

http://neurologicalc...rget-detection/

http://neurologicalc...also-sociopath/

• Sidestreet, riseabovethought and Skywatcher like this

#14 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,280 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:05 AM

When I was young and sick people made me rethink the world I was living in my Mom always had the answer "It takes all kinds" shake my head tho .......... thing is psychopaths are just looking for a reason to justify killing ..... I don't think theres anything we could say to chage thier mind .........I can be overly empathetic and well the suffering I go threw feeling others pain well at least I dont have to be discusted with myself .......... I look threw a true mirror often :) us magic kind of people do .....psychopaths maybe only see themselves truley at the end once in their life at the end they will sooner or later feel that guilt
  • Skywatcher, Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,770 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

What is the current stat, 2% psychopaths/sociopaths?   Yes indeed, when looking out into the world I perceive, and doing the bit of interaction which I must, I will be dealing with a few people who, as they are, will not reciprocate whatever notions of fair play and empathy myself as an interactive person puts forth.   I guess the question becomes, do I meet them as some personal story, with its notions of justice, as some kind of judge or enforcer, or with a seeing that I, by whatever powers, could have been like them? 

Having lived next door to a psycho for the past fifteen years, one who has made it her job to make our (myself and my other neighbors) lives hellish in many ways, and having had my realization two years ago that I was not ever the story I had told myself about who I was, I have had that time to reflect.   Answers about what to do with psychos?  I still don't have any, beyond being very careful, as if they are a wasps nest, or a bear.    A venomous snake comes to mind, because, wearing a human suit, the psycho can lay in wait, unseen, but still will act as a psycho would. 

Since it is seen that I am not my personal story, it becomes time to not project one on the psychopath either.   It's time for admitting that I don't know what they are, at least as any personal story I could relate to.  If I were to guess, I would have to think they are lost in a story that is one I would never choose.   The condition of the world is the product of seven point five billion stories, constantly changing stories, with a being waking up here and there, now and then, as the whole thing turns.   In the seeing it becomes clear that the only way out is, and ever was, to step beyond our stories of identity, with no way to shake anyone else out of theirs until they are, themselves, ready. 

So, why a Hitler, why a Rodrigo Duterte? Shit, I just don't know.  Maybe they are just that mirror we need to show us what we truly don't want, even if it were just some story.  We, who can come from a place of heart, would we ever want to give that up for anything being a psycho could take us to?  Would we ever want to shut our hearts so far away to have anything this world offers?  

A quiet heart has no story.   It remains through it all, a true place of being.   When we are tired of making something of ourselves, something that having been built, will inevitably collapse, we can always come home to our true place. 

Namasté

Edited by Alder Logs, 03 October 2016 - 09:24 AM.

• wildedibles, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#16 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:06 PM

Can't you understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

People are people
So why should it be
That you and I should get along awfully
People are people
So why should it be

So now there's differents colors
And there's differents breeds
And different people
Have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I've never even met you
So what I could I have done

Can't you understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

People are people
So why should it be
People are people
So why should it be

So now you're punching
And you're kicking
And you're screaming at me
You're relying on my common decency
I know it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From my head to my fist (Boom)

Can't you understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

People are people
So why should it be
People are people
So why should it be

Can't you understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand
Can't you understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

People are people
So why should it be
People are people
So why should it be

People are people
Why should it be that we get along so awfully
(Can't you understand) why should it be
Can't we get along cause people are people
(Can't you understand) Why should it be
(Can't you understand) Why should it be

Edited by invisibilitysyndrome, 03 October 2016 - 12:07 PM.

• wildedibles, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#17 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:40 PM

a really nice poem, is .

if you don't know what makes a man hate another man , you are very fortunate.

I think my experiencing hate gave me understanding and helped me to get it out of my mind.

a work in progress.

• wildedibles, Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#18 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,977 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

He doesn't mention giving the killers immunity from prosecution.

So Joe Phillipino kills Adam Addict. Do the police ignore him? I rather doubt it.

Without elPresidente saying so on public television I don't think anyone will take him up on it. Maybe some of that kind of shitty family-matter kind of killings might get disguised as Drug Addict Murders. you know, the brother-in-law who beats your sister ends up face down in the Bay

I'd guess if he meant this, or the military/police thought he meant it, or the citizens thought he meant it the Bay would already be stinkin' full.

Doesn't change the fact that he's reprehensible dirt.

• wildedibles and Heirloom like this

#19 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,727 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

I have experienced hate, from both sides. Being at times the hater, and at others, the hated. Some times both at the same time. These were dark times for me, and nothing productive or good has ever come from them.

It is a horrible, self destructive way to be. You can not truly experience love, peace, or happiness while stuck in that mindset.

Change the things you can for the better, and learn to accept the things you have no control over. Try not to waste your limited time, and energy on these things(the ones you cant control). Instead devote your will and force into things that you can make better. In the end, that's all that can be asked of anyone, at least IMHO.

It sounds like a simple thing, but I've struggled with trying to walk this path my whole life. I feel I'm at my best when I'm following this advice.

Edited by Juthro, 03 October 2016 - 01:57 PM.

• riseabovethought, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#20 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

that was a depech mode song and i had written some things after and dropped my mouse and it all got erased. so i re put up the lyrics with out my own words

but were all doomed as we all have diff life exp and those change daily so how can we resolve an issue when the issue evolves daily w each and every ones personal exp.

hell i change my own mind all the time

• wildedibles and Heirloom like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!