#1 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:39 AM

I think with all of the weird knockoff drugs out here that folks are getting a bad impression of good old psychedelics. I have noticed a huge dropoff of new trip reports whereas once this one forum was a very cool thing to check in and read every day. All of you heads out there need to post your experiences and the unique mind fucks that we all go through with these things. It keeps it interesting and is very cool to discuss in depth in my own opinion.

So anyone had any mind breaking trips recently? I think tripping is getting a bad rep, hence the title. I tried to have one of those mind benders recently but it didn't work out in my favor. Not a bad experience just not good one either. Too many busy visuals lol.

So what say you old school heads? Any new experiences to report?

:) Peace...

• Sidestreet, Shadowlord, ChimX and 3 others like this

#2 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,524 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:56 AM

That's it... we all need to start tripping more.  

In the last couple of years my trips have been getting more fun!  For years they were mostly difficult.  I would be alone and get into my own head and just get bummed out.  I was doing it "wrong," though I still feel like I came away with a lot of insight.

Since then, I have almost always been listening to music while tripping, ether at shows or with a couple of buddies.  With "practice" and guidance I've been able to get more out of my trips.  Now I have a blast!

It's always fun to go back and re-listen to a show or a piece of music after I come down to see what it actually sounds like.   :biggrin:

Edited by Sidestreet, 06 October 2016 - 04:59 AM.

• coorsmikey, Shadowlord, Coopdog and 5 others like this

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,982 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 05:11 AM

I had a life changing cathartic experience on MDMA recently, I'm still writing the trip report..

• Sidestreet, Coopdog, ChimX and 2 others like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,428 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:39 AM

I can't tell if I am done with tripping, or if it is done with me.   From the rational point of view, there is no wish to manipulate states of being.   Seen from what's happening, what's happening is comfortable.   I cannot think of tripping as having lost a good rep.   I am so thankful it was there for me.   My particular path led me away from fun as a motivator, and alone in the dark, facing whatever came up, being with it, were what seemed to satisfy my heart.   I guess it was such a satisfaction I was after, and now, it feels like the baseline.   My earliest trips showed me at times a vision of an unquestionable perfection.  Now that perfection seems the background, and the only thing there is.   Everything from across any and all spectra is within the perfection.   Nothing else exists.   I must be tripping, huh?

If at first you don't succeed

keep on suckin' till ya do succeed

• Sidestreet, Shadowlord, Coopdog and 3 others like this

#5 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,483 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

My cakes are getting into their elder years as far as flushes are concerned. I'm going to give them all one last dunk and get what I can out of them before I begin a new grow.

I'm saving what little I have and can get for an end of the month Halloween'ish (or Halloweekish) mushroom experience. I'm hoping that by then the weather will be even cooler and more leaves will have started to change colors. It will be a nice way to celebrate the Autumn.

As of late I've only been doing some very low dose mushroom experiences, so nothing really to write home about. I haven't taken enough to actually 'trip'.

I may consider typing out a more detailed "I had way, way too many mushrooms while doing an orange juice tek and it was the most challenging psychedelic experience I've ever had, but I came out OK in the end" trip that I had within the last few months. Since then I've decided that I'm going to 100% stick to my 'sweet spot' dose range that is from 2g to 3.5g tops.

As for tripping getting a bad rep, I can see based upon all of the drug-centric websites I visit that all of the newer research chemical (RC) psychedelics that keep coming out are being used by a much younger audience. Mostly high schoolers who feel that they are godlike because they can follow instructions to use TOR for the darknet to get their goodies. All of these chemicals that have practically no history of human use which can and have actually killed people.

All of the older 2c* compounds and other old creations of Shulgin, which had been used for decades, which we knew enough about to say "This is a safe dose range", are illegal now so most people are going to the new stuff that keeps popping up with no true idea of safety profiles or safe dose ranges.

Quite unsurprisingly, these kids are getting into trouble with these psychedelics and other new drugs. Even the ones who stick with LSD and mushrooms tend to overdo it. You know, the whole tripping while going to school for the day or using right before they go to work. Combining loads of drugs while tripping, tripping too often, using irresponsible doses. Young people who feel invulnerable, who believe nothing bad will ever happen to them, and who have almost no true life experience are messing about with powerful mind-altering substances and often end up having bad times.

It seems that since the whole darknet thing came about it's allowed much younger people to begin to dabble in things during a time in life where responsibility doesn't compute in their brains and when they have no impulse control.

I suppose it would be good to share more experiences from older folks who have enough life experience to be able to get something useful out of their trips while still having a fun time.

At least you can't die from mushrooms.

• Sidestreet, Shadowlord, Saphroziac and 1 other like this

#6 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

I wrote that half drunk and late last night after once again logging in and coming to Storming the Gates hoping for new material to read and once again finding the page looking almost the same as it has for the last year. We have a ton of members and I think somehow that posting your experiences has gotten pushed to the side. That is the main thing that kept me coming when I first found topia and I read deep into the past all of the trip reports.

My last trip left me exhausted and let down. I combined Bridgessii with Pedro trying to get a huge dose of mescaline and instead of having the beautiful colorful loving experience I always had with Pedro, I got this weird stressful everything moving rather frantically sort of trip that left me confused and washed out. The wife and I are going to trip today (I hope) and I am going to take 3 of the higher dose LSD Orgy hits and trip my damn ass off (I hope) Got to go into town and get weed and pick up my new custom made cigar box guitar first. Hopefully I will have a new positive experience to post about.

Alder I understand exactly what you mean. I too don't feel the need to change my perspective anymore, but instead just want to have a recreational time. DMT recently came up in conversation, and I said I feel very strongly that it is not a recreational party drug, and that I keep what I have for mental resets, which I have not had the urge to do in 4-5 years now. I LOVE the general headspace I have going nowadays. Music, as someone else mentioned above is a huge part of that for me. Music has always been a big part of my experiences, and having a good quality sound system was one of the few material things I really wanted out of life.

Glad a few people chimed in anyhow. Go out and play with your brains and come back and tell me about it! A mind is a terrible thing to waste!

Peace...

• Sidestreet, Shadowlord, ChimX and 3 others like this

#7 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:43 PM

I can't tell if I am done tripping on blotter or or trips sold. I thought I might get lucky and get some good blotter the other day
but no . I was worried about bad crap being sold. I still have mushrooms to work with.

I am under the influence of 3  40 ox natty ices so I don't think you first post was anything but good. I want to get me some real LSD
and stock up on it for the future.

I never had the pleasure of doing MMDA but I sure want too!

namaste

• coorsmikey, Shadowlord and HrVanker like this

#8 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,852 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:27 PM

Hmm, I hadnt noticed that decline in recent trip reports, until you mentioned it.  I guess people have been more quiet about their journeys lately.  I hope that isnt because they arent comfortable enough to share, or feel like it should be kept private.  Its what first brought me here, and I still learn a lot from those reports of my brothers and sisters expanding their consciousness.  There is just so many nooks and crannies to explore, and it takes all of us to even scratch the surface, so yeah- I'd like to hear more too.  Personally, I'm feeling the urge get stronger lately, so I think I'll be going out into space real soon.  -Will be sure to report...no matter what size fish I can bring back.

Edited by riseabovethought, 07 October 2016 - 10:42 AM.

• Shadowlord, Coopdog and ChimX like this

#9 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,126 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:46 PM

trippin is a lil diff for me as i usually trip by myself, just listen to music and go about my day as normal, for awhile i was tripping every weekend, that turned into every couple months. My last tripp was some blotter i got at the Dead and Co. show.. and i was soo worried that it was some RC that i had that in the back of my mind the whole tripp.. actually this is how it went down.. dude told me it's pretty potent shit that he got from some "family" the prior year and that i should only do 1/2 hit, because i had not dosed in 15 years prior, i took his advice. About 2 hours into it i was feeling good but felt i needed more so i figured fuck it i'm taking the other half cuz i wanna tripp. I was feeling pretty good and it felt like the acid of old, so i put my RC worries aside and enjoyed the concert.. I took the first 1/2 at about 4ish and the second around 6, show started at 7..  once the second hit started kicking in i felt like i was already peaking on the first half... now fast forward to the end of the concert here i am STILL PEAKING! now the worries about RC chems snuck back in. Started to feel a lil anxiety wondering why some 7 hours later i'm still HAF, i know lsd will last up to 8 hours but this was beyond that (forgetting i took another 1/2, 2 hours later, hence the second peak). I was very dehydrated because of the heat and dry air @ the Gorge and the drinking that led up to concert. Panic started kickin in now, heart racing, can't breath, WTF is wrong? maybe i should visit the medical tent? no fk that, i just need to get to my tent and relax (thinking to myself) that was the longest walk back to the campgrounds i ever experienced, we almost got lost i was in such a panic to get bk and lay down and relax.. long story short, i did calm down after getting back to my tent, i did not sleep but half that had to do with no one was sleeping, was one huge party all night, and i was right on shake down street.. My guess is it was very good acid and my still HAF was caused by the later dose... so besides the panic attack it was a great night, the afterglow lasted about a week and i'm ready to take another hit (i got a 10 strip) which was plain white and not serrated.. I still feel a lil skeptical about it's authenticity so i'm hesitant. I guess the only way to answer the question is to buy a kit and test it. 

wish i could offer up something more substantial but that's about the gist of my storming the gates  :biggrin:

• Sidestreet, Shadowlord, Coopdog and 2 others like this

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,428 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:34 PM

It's funny but I seemed to grow past acid at any dosage, waiting up to ten years between trips.   No matter how strong the hit was, it seemed like a rerun with me watching the stages go by and getting more tired than wowed.   I remember just wanting to come down so I could get some rest.   Mushrooms were always a fresh experience, even in the familiar aspects.   I felt I had another living something looking out for me, while acid seemed to be somewhat sterile.   When I did the "shamanic dose," as it was called by Terence, that went way beyond most trips in magnitude except one or two of my first liberty cap rides in my twenties.  

In one of those early trips, that one on 40 liberty caps, a tremendous thunderstorm came through, and I seemed to be in a clairvoyant connection with it, sensing the buildup before each lightning bolt.  My 60+ uncle was there with me and my old lady, and we were all in a tiny cabin together, all on 40 caps (it was my uncle's first psychedelic experience -- I had turned him onto pot when he was 53 and I was 18).  My uncle would look at me and say, "you're going to do it again!"  He thought I was making the lightning happen.  I felt like I was connected directly to it, but not that I was in any way doing it.  I seemed to know when a flash was going to hit, but that was the limit of it.   But by any reckoning, that was a fantastic experience.

When I did that hit that had come indirectly from Terence, it truly had been a shamanic dose, and I found myself in what may have been the astral plane, intervening the third night into the experience of a local acquaintance who had just shot himself.   He, as his astral body (it looked just like him, as he always looked, but in a world of pain that was obviously his creation)  was in a self-created hell and I found him there and got him to release himself as spirit and to go on in peace.   That was just one amazing thing that happened that night.   Some other things that happened in my dark, silent, room were written into that short story I posted somewhere here called, Clearcut Feelings, as inspiration, if not straight reporting. 

And so, I come to the trip report I am writing now.  The last time I tried to trip hard, even having the intent to do a shamanic trip, was almost five and a half years ago, when my mother died at 95.  I wanted to find her in her transit.   I had been telling her that she would be fine when the life was over.   I wanted to see her on her way, see she was doing okay.  I had prepared a big hit of Ps. cyans with lime juice, and eaten a bunch of cacao beans for a MAOI.   It was like I barely took anything.  I barely felt like I got off.  So, there ya go; sometimes the magic works, and sometimes it doesn't.   I felt completely okay about all of it, as I have that much trust in the mushrooms.   I think there was some wisdom being applied that perhaps this would-be sorcerer's apprentice was lacking. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 06 October 2016 - 11:07 PM.

• Sidestreet, Shadowlord, Coopdog and 3 others like this

#11 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

You just never know why when a trip is a dud. I have had mushrooms I knew were good just basically do nothing but make me uncomfortable, then the next time I tripped on them like normal. Maybe something in the diet? Hell I dunno. Could be something in our own metabolism was filling those receptors somewhat already? Could have been the universe looking out for you. I too tripped the night my mom died. I wanted to experience the grief of her passing as I really don't believe we die and did not think I would grieve at all. Turns out I didn't and we had a wonderful night of love and laughter with no disrespect to mom but instead in her honor.

I never really did grieve my mom and I truly think it is because with all the spiritual experiences we have had that I KNOW we don't really die. That thought comforts me in a huge way during times like that even if my lack of tears can be a bit of an uncomfortable thing in itself. Our tears are for ourselves IMHO and it is our loss we are grieving not the passing of the person who died if that makes any sense.

Peace...

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey, Shadowlord and 7 others like this

#12 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,483 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

I want to add that, when I was 24 and young and thought I knew it all, I did end up misusing psychedelics.

I dosed too often. I tripped on LSD at college. I drove during the come-up. I attended classes on 2ci. It was likely due to being young, stupid, feeling invincible, and also likely having untreated bipolar disorder.

I got into some bad situations, but never legal issues.

Now that I'm 34, I look back and I see what I observe happening to other people who are younger and I see: SHIT! I did that. But I can write a book and none of them would heed caution.

This is shit people have to discover for themselves.

Now, I hardly trip on mushrooms.

I was thinking to start another small grow soon. Now I'm thinking:

"I don't really need these. It can wait until Spring. I have other things to do."

I may dunk my cakes once more and see what I get and just save it for the right time. I don't really know.

What a huge difference ten years of life experience makes.

Also, that almost WAY too much to handle high-dose OJ tek trip really REALLY taught me a lot.

Mushrooms aren't like the other stuff. You simply cannot expect to take mushrooms and just have a "good time" unless it's a really low dose for you individually. When you start to go higher to try to fully "trip" you just have NO IDEA what will happen. It's a mental, emotional, philosophical, spiritual, existential trial.

The mushrooms always teach. Without fail. If you consult with the mushrooms, they will teach you. No matter what dose. And, like the medicine that they are, now adays, I seem to get much more out of mush less mushrooms (HAHA "mush less"!), and much less often.

It's like now I'm living life and have learned that: Yes, the medicine is good sometimes, but life is worth living, and this is what you exist for, so do it.

Very humbling, but very gratifying once you start to "get it".

Edited by niemandgeist, 12 October 2016 - 06:11 PM.

• Sidestreet, Coopdog and Alder Logs like this

#13 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

I really enjoy relaying intense journeys. It helps me to better digest the ineffable when I take the time to write it down. Some say it bastardizes the experience, but I don't think my feeble linguistics can tarnish the divine.

Thanks for this thread and your Windstorm post Coop. I'll wite up something for you after this.

20161105_182032.jpg

17:45 More than 45g, less than 60g of powdered Wachuma, mixed into 100ml of water. Slammed the sludge in three swallows and chewed on a tangerine slice. Tastes like powdered peyote and is difficult going down.

19:20 Difficulty in typing already. Letters dance off screen as I write. Need to shut off language entirely and quiet my mind. Going to pray and shower.
  • Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#14 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,117 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

Enjoy the ride ChimX. You can tell us about it when you land again...............................

post-126525-0-00699800-1478386095.jpg

BlueEarthMandala.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 05 November 2016 - 05:49 PM.

• ChimX and goodnightmoon like this

#15 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

Well my trips are either to personal or to crappy to give anymore detailed trip reports, and its a good thing my comp locks out and im too gone to unlock it or you might get a blow by blow every ten minutes.

Yeah use to be way more detailed trip reports back in the day, dont know if its getting a bad rap, or if just some of the mystery has wore off in the last 10 years or so.

ive played around with mdma last summer, never got the love drug effects, but i seem to have high tolorance to that sort of thing and seems to do little to me.

Edited by Pan1, 05 November 2016 - 07:47 PM.

#16 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

01:00 - Redosed. 50-60g dried Wachuma in 100ml of water. Skipped the tangerine slice. Taste is registering in some far distant region of my brain that I can sypmathize with, but can't quite access.

Finding my way back to this post would be a report unto itself. Got lost somewhere in Skywatchers kaleidoscope and I want to get back in it asap.

Everything with a contour is sprouting fuzzy warm illuminated fur.

Silliness abounds, can't shake off the silliness. Searching for depth but the silliness mocks me. I try to walk it off, but these feet feel foreign and Monty Python is piping out "I've got two legs from my feet to the ground". Translucent skin. I can see muscle, veins, blood flow in my palms. My hands are in 3rd person and not my own. This detachment lets me a see a beauty in them that I could never see if I thought they were my own. Gods creations. Mine, but not at all mine. Nevermind, not mine.

Was hoping to purge but no inclination yet. Will drink 75ml of Yage at 03:00 and purge.

20161106_020057.jpg

Purge the silliness! (tee-hee)

03:31 Way passed silly...

To say that these visions are a figment of my own imagination or creation, is to say I'm a master 4th dimensional artist that brushes into eternity. It's an absurd notion. It's not 'from' me. It's living liqiid that responds to touch. It's entirely aware of me. It's been here since long before time. I'm a flea trying to describe God.

Edited by ChimX, 06 November 2016 - 01:00 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#17 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:30 AM

lol that is a beautiful thing :) I have enjoyed similar experiences. Ride on my friend ride on... We only get so many of those...

Peace man! :) Positive vibes and all that and a bag of chips!

• ChimX likes this

#18 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,558 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:57 AM

It's going to be a very long weekend for this traveller

Vacuum up the beauty

Try to remember it

It's all golden.

• ChimX likes this

#19 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,622 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:02 PM

Love this line so much I want to use it in a blues song:

Mine, but not at all mine. Nevermind, not mine.

• Coopdog, ChimX, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!