Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Donations, Purchases, PayPal, and what it means for you...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Shmoopy

Shmoopy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:03 PM

By way of background here is the skinny: PayPal contacted us in late June/early July about a possible Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) violation which initiated an account lockdown for us. Contacting and working with PayPal lead us to remove the Raffles from our site as it's a violation of not just PayPal AUP but also questionable legal standing due to lottery laws and such. Ok. Fine. Done.

As of that conversation in June we have no longer had Raffles available. In fact, they were disabled right there on-the-spot while talking with PayPal support.

Fast forward several months and our account is again shut down. This time for another violation of their AUP. Know what it was? This link right here

WHAT THE FRACK IS "THIS RIGHT HERE" ?!
I guess i need to dig more, BUT..!!!!
OMfGsh i EF'n 'ATE these broken links.. is it because i'm not pro enough or something?!
if so screw your LAWS Myco... ur mean

#22 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,187 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

Smoopy, I have no clue to where your post is directed, but it does appear that the broken link in question has you frizzle dizzled. Links are address’ to other site we have no control over. Those addresses get updated over time and become broken. To save you time from digging I have copied and pasted the content from what was on the broken link below. Now please watch your attitude or wording as your comment has been brought to my attention that is has some people offended with the tone you have taken to their community. I honestly can’t tell what it means so I’m giving the benefit of the doubt that it’s not intended as negative to us.

MenuPayPalLog In Sign Up
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

Last Update: July 1, 2015
You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your actions related to your use of PayPal's services, regardless of the purpose of the use. In addition, you must adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.

Prohibited Activities
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, © cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial intolerance or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, © are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f) are associated with the sale of traveler's checks or money orders, (h) involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, (i) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities, or (k) involve offering or receiving payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption.
involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent.

Edited by coorsmikey, 02 February 2018 - 11:34 PM.

• Juthro, wharfrat and tailsmcsnails like this

#23 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

I got 'donation tracker offline' today

#24 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,187 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:49 PM

I got 'donation tracker offline' today

Thank you for your concern and interest. This thread is slightly more up to date. https://mycotopia.ne...without-paypal/

#25 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:51 PM

So, same time, same bat channel then as before Mikey?

• coorsmikey likes this

#26 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,187 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

So, same time, same bat channel then as before Mikey?

Awe you’re so sweet One, but yes still the same bat channel.
  • onediadem likes this

#27 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:49 AM

Right on.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!