2bFz28M.png

• PsyBearknot likes this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,726 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:35 AM

I'll pull up my rocking chair for the show!

#3 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Question on this... Top box, flowering chamber. I'm going to expand the depth yo 2 foot, its 3 wide. I've been planning a LED setup with 3 or 4 Vero 29s but I ran across a 400watt HPS on craigs list for 40 bucks, with 5 extra bulbs. Would that be too much for that space? Would I be better off staying with the COB plans?

#4 Discretion

Discretion

big ol pile of flapjacks

• OG VIP
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:26 AM

seems you might not have enough overhead room to fit the hp, they have to be pretty far from your plants :)

#5 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:18 PM

Yea, after talking it over w/the wife and some deliberation I decided to not bother with the HPS.  I have ~34 inches of height in the top box, I think about 4 or 5 Vero29's will do right justice for that spot with a scrog setup.

I opened up the sides of it today.  This originally was a 'corner armoire', with these short diagonal sides of wasted space.  I'm going to extend the sides straight back from the original diagonal sides to give it now 51 inches of width to go with the extra foot of depth that I originally planned to add.  I could only cut the sides up that high though because of some bracing that ties the outside wall and the inner wall together for support.

I've spent enough for this pay period, I'll box er out next week-ish. =)

qTFSlI0.jpg

Edited by morvis, 07 October 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#6 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

More headway.  More sqft ;)  It's now 3 feet deep from the doors, and 51 inches wide at the new lumber.

BfGC7kFr.jpg

6dKQetNr.jpg

#7 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:51 PM

Weekend work done.  Capped the top off, lowered the flowering box floor by 6 inches, giving it 3 1/3 ft of height floor to ceiling, and enclosed the back of the bottom chambers.   There's a big open spot in the back i'll floor out next paycheck and make a removable platform that extends the flowering floor back to the back of the unit, that can be removed if I want to grow a couple taller varieties.  Probably won't do that much, this is going to make a sweet little scrog cabinet I think.

mhYXNiZ.jpg

Re8piMf.jpg

Edited by morvis, 16 October 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#8 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

So close.  Now just some final touches then I can get some life in the bottom box while I work on getting the cob fixture built =)

tjUj439.jpg

iI8lPGv.jpg

I'm moving it into my bedroom sometime today.  Getting that fan plumbed in over the next couple days. I'm going to make my own scrubber for it and just kick it out to a 12x4 air register on the top or something.

Edited by morvis, 24 November 2016 - 02:31 PM.

• Hash_Man and Heirloom Spores like this

#9 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

Nice box, should do a nice scrog. I can't wait to see it running and of course your harvest.

Have you decided what variety of cannabis you'll grow ?

#10 Toadstool

Toadstool

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

Looks awesome ! Can't wait to see it up and running
  • catattack likes this

#11 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,121 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:31 AM

"..... get some life in the bottom box while I work on getting the cob fixture built =)

Cool bro I'm doing a cab with COB's also
  • Heirloom Spores likes this

#12 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:27 PM

Nice box, should do a nice scrog. I can't wait to see it running and of course your harvest.

Have you decided what variety of cannabis you'll grow ?

I've got a shopping cart queued up with some lemon haze in it and I've had to change my indica pick 3 times now because they keep selling out and I can't submit the order until Monday.  It's got some 'original skunk' and white widow in the freebie box as well.  Just want a good variety of daytime/nighttime flowers for me and the wife to self-support.  Can't wait to get this going =).

#13 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

Lemon Haze sounds yummy.

• morvis likes this

#14 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:48 PM

I hear it smells and tastes like lemon drops =)  I had a bag once that smelled like lemon pledge, trying to find it again =).

#15 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,053 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:13 AM

I would check the height on that haze. Every haze I have grown used all of the headroom I had.
  • Hash_Man likes this

#16 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

Cool I'll keep that in mind. This weekend I did have plans to drop the platform the fan is sitting on by around a foot to accommodate for a little more height.  It's going to be a SCROG box so I should be able to take care of some taller ones as long as i don't pack the box too much =)

• catattack likes this

#17 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

Update.

Got the fan installed.  Carbon filter will be constructed over the next couple paychecks.

NppXAWk.jpg

Dropped the back surface a foot and a half to gain some headroom for a little bit of lateral.  This will allow me to use the whole 'just above the upper deck' area for vining out the SCROG and giving all the main upper cabinet area for lateral cola growth.

And I kept the original upper platform shelf for a full size 'table top', would make a decent SOG bed, I'm sure.

9gC37Zz.png

5 CLU-048's are in my nightstand waiting for the the meanwell 185 1050ma driver that I ordered today.  I'm still contemplating on how i'm going to assemble my COB unit.  These look mighty attractive for a passive heatsink

https://led.cdiweb.c...aTronix/574061/

i'm open for suggestions, though =)

beans are in the mail from the supplier, just a matter of skating customs at this point. ;)

#18 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,121 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

It's hard to tell if those would work. Well their rated for CXB 25 so the CXB2530 @1600mA is 64W so I'd imagine they would if your COB fit's and you have a way to mount it, your COB looks like the Cree's but I don't know it's measurements I'm sure you do though.

Edited by Hash_Man, 22 December 2016 - 08:32 PM.

#19 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:06 PM

Got the first COB unit hung.  I'll make another just like it hopefully before it's time to put the top section to use.  I just started some super lemon haze and jack herer, but they're only just starting to put out their 2nd set of leaves so I still have some time =).

0G3nM0o.jpg

afTj4MV.jpg

• Hash_Man likes this

#20 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,121 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

Looks like the heatsinks worked, looks like a nice job too 'props'
  • morvis likes this