93 replies to this topic

#81 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

I vote the screens, seems to be the trend now a days, bags were always a little labor intensive to me.
  • Lakegal7 and morvis like this

#82 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

Ordered a  couple of these yesterday, should be here Sat.

http://www.goldupusa...screens/AL23x31

I got a 200 and 305 I believe.  I'll use those for the final cleaning and do this static gland head separation I've been seeing a lot of.

• Heirloom likes this

#83 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 343 posts

Donator

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

Those look nice
Let the hash making begin
  • Heirloom likes this

#84 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

I got a head start today and did a sift through of the lemon haze trim.  I didn't weigh what I started with, but I got a little over 5 grams sitting on top of the 75micron after running it though the grinder then sifting on the 100 micron.

As promised, here's my work station

ixKjBwS.jpg

fOYNcXx.jpg

And here's where I stopped... bottom piece is what was left on top of the 75 after sifting it around a bit, and the bottom is what sifted through.

8hrDgLb.jpg

I'll refine it further this weekend when the finer ones come in, and mess with this static head separation stuff a bit too.

exciting stuff.

• Hash_Man, Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#85 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,939 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

You did pretty good. I like those screens real good for trimming over and dry sieve.

#86 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 343 posts

Donator

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:22 PM

Love your work station
Very cool set up

Your hash has a nice golden color

Just looking at that makes me want to go get high
I think I will...; )
  • Hash_Man, Heirloom and morvis like this

#87 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

It's got a good color there bro, yea i saw that static separation on YouTube and looks like blonde sugar crystals way to go man
  • Heirloom , Lakegal7 and morvis like this

#88 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Thanks.  I had a delay with the local fedex (apparently half of fedex trucks don't go out on saturday)  so I will be getting the new screens Monday. 

In the mean time, I've been experimenting with static attractions.  I think I MAY have found a material that draws out the stalks on one side and the heads on the other but I'm still having to do some testing to know for sure.  I'm just waiting until I get the smaller screens to separate more heads form stalks through.

Fund stuff it is, and I haven't even started working with whole nug extractions, only the trim and very loose  airy buds.

• Hash_Man, Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#89 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

Ok I've had about an hour to play with these 2 screens I got and i'm like wow!

Check this shit out.  I kept a sample of what I started with.  The right pile is, of course, the finished product from that particular jar (I had 3 of varying 'qualities' of what my other screens could do)

887rBZy.jpg

Look how green the starting product looks after a cleanup!

I took a scoop out and pressed it a little with my fingers in parchment.  Here's a close up.

a5sQEcn.jpg

I'll figure out how to get the phone cam and handheld pocket microscope to working in sync, but that'll do for now I suppose.

This is achieved by wrapping a dvd case in parchment paper, holding it about 45 degree angle from upright, and dragging it along the  screen lightly 3 or 4 times.  on the little side that drags along the screen attracts just the heads and you brush them off into a little pile on a parchment paper laying to the side.

After I didn't get any more heads, I scraped up what was still on the screen into a pile and it was all the useless trichome stalks left behind!

Now I'll keep just keep 2 jars for each strain sift I do.  a 200mesh jar and a 305 mesh jar, whatever i static sifted off of the top of either of the 2 finest screens I have.

• Hash_Man and Lakegal7 like this

#90 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

I'll call round 2 officially underway.

3 clones from a Bubba Kush femenized.

This will be a cabinet filler again.  SCROG method.

Here's the 3 hanging with mama in the veg box.

x91pGMD.jpg

• Hash_Man and Lakegal7 like this

#91 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

Hmm, 'cool cabnet fillers', I'm going to have to utilize that concept if I'm going to get anywhere.

Edited by Hash_Man, 13 July 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#92 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

I'm shooting for a pound on this round.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#93 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Ok so I did some week counting on the calendar, and I decided the best thing to do  in the name of time to bud acquirement efficiency and space management was to go ahead and send the mother into flowering now and let the little ones have the bottom box to themselves.  That puts  me at about another 3-5 weeks left on the Jack and Lemon clones flowering now, and bubba kush is apparently an 8 week strain giving 2 months to fill that bottom box.  About a week or so before sending the little ones into flower, I'll take a cutting or 2 off of each one depending on how many branches I have to work with, get those rooting and then see how tight of a cycle I can pull this into for maybe 3 runs on the kush.

Lemon

pcdO0s6.jpg

Jack

uT0dnuF.jpg

and 2 days in the flower box, bubba kush

f0bXboW.jpg

I topped her the day before putting in the flowering box.  I may do a round of  'supercrop' once new growth comes but I haven't decided yet.

And the little ones.

tJGMLqw.jpg

Edited by morvis, 19 July 2017 - 09:11 AM.

• Hash_Man likes this

#94 morvis

morvis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

One last touch to settle them in =).

OARAIsO.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!