Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:47 PM

Any 1 try
http://m.ebay.com/it...726&_mwBanner=1

From what i see there are a few terpenes that can be extracted to replicate a marijuana strains profile. That sounds awsome they also have added benefits
http://maryjanesdiary.com/terpenes/

Sounds like great vape flavors to me.
Any vapers around ?
  • Heirloom likes this

#2 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,200 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:54 PM

Chronic vaper here! In fact a bunch crystally outdoors taste kind of shitty when smoked and I don't like the buzz or throat damage. Throw that same outdoor in a vape unit and bam, its amazing.
  • wildedibles likes this

#3 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:01 AM

I was actually talking about tobacco vape too. Mixing the terpenes with the tobacco juice. Hopefully they mix dont know what its made of think it would mix with vg/pg would gycerin mix with terpene oil or would it be like oil and water.
If you extract that outdoor then mix with this would taste awsome. Its kinda like a soluvent doesnt say whats in it.
https://www.mrextractor.com/terpenes/

#4 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:52 AM

R u talking about juicing tobacco?? or using the new vape juice mixing it with weed?? Ive never vaped well I tried the tobacco one didnt like it reminded me too much like a bong or pipe ....I like my dubes :) but I was told by my Dr that vaping weed was the best way to go with weed ....you end up not wasting any getting the full dose even from dried out stuff or pre-mulched stuff
.....I grew one nice girl this year just a seed from weed that had one seed in the bag kina stuff .....anyway it smelled sooo much like lemons I was floored and sticky sticky sticky :) cannot wait to make coconut oil with this for baking should taste amazing :)
  • Gnomesayin likes this

#5 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:30 AM

I was looking at both tobacco juice flavored with this stuff and mixing it with extracts to put in vape pens making the smoking expereience more flavorful with each hit.
I looked at youtube vids and some kids tested 10 drops for 100 bucks of tepenes and terpinoids extracted from cannabis. Then did some reaserch on terpenes extracted from other sources and terpene profiling to make the flavors of weed.

Edited by FrmSpore2Siid, 09 October 2016 - 09:35 AM.

#6 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

ya I have heard latley kids and vaping has become very popular but we have to keep in mind that when the flavors are chemicals not tested the dr's say we cannot gurentee its any better it could be way worse they dont know

but are we talking about extracting naturaly occuring chems from plants or making them from .....??

#7 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

Well yah using terpenes would be an improvement as far as smoking from organic sources but would be too concentrated for use in a drip coil setup without diluting it in vegetable glycerin. If they even mix i mean terpenes are lipids so should homogonize with vegeble glycerin by shaking it, it is pretty viscuous. propylene glycol tastes kinda like plactic when no flavor is added in there. Supposedly vg is pretty non toxic pg may be questionable but still on the organic carbon based side of things.
  • wildedibles likes this

#8 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:55 PM

ok Im starting to understabd now thanks :)

#9 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:06 AM

Nice topic , terpenes are real interesting. Robert Connell Clarke has a list of terpenes in his book Hashish.

I find the monoterpenoid 1,8 cineole to be of interest to me. 1,8 cineole has been proven to speed up physical reaction time and improve info processing - speed up our minds. This terpene is found in cannabis like original haze , one of my favorites, providing a speedy trippy high.

I can try to get a few pics of the terpene list, its to much to type but a few pics will provide some info if anyone wants a list.

Medical grade terpenes can be bought online.

namaste

• wildedibles likes this

#10 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:44 PM

Cannabis has been found to have 120 different terpenes. There are 66 different cannabinoids and most have not even been researched. A miracle plant for sure.

12 other species of plants have been shown to produce CBD.

The precursor to THC & CBD  called CBG has been shown to grow new brain cells and bone growth, now I believe this could aid in healing broken bones and hope to see research that given to people before growth stops that some kids can grow taller.

I wrote a much larger more informative post but lost it. A site that has some info is http://steephilllab.com

I don't know how terpenes will interact with nicotine but terpenes can have huge effects when combined with other psychoactives.

The active in salvia is a terpene.

More to say when I get back into my groove

edit- terpenes are used in very small amounts , 1,8 cineole for example is often used in food at 0.0002%. Amounts vary with terpene. Some terpenes have been proven to reverse lung damage from exposure to diesel exhaust. A lot to say but don't want to talk your ear off and post stuff no one cares about.

Terpenes are easly extracted and/ or chemically changed , as easy as putting into a flask and exposing to co2 and the chem structure can be changed , resulting in profoundly different effects on the mind.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 10 October 2016 - 12:54 PM.

• wildedibles and Ramble like this

#11 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

Terpenes seem interesting enough so they the new ergot ? I see a few that can be extracted from other plants that interest me. 10 drops is 100 bucks i would like to justify the cost medicinally or for research see what is it about terpenes from cannabis only good for. If i had the technology i could get a terpene profile from a sample. But i dont. I bought a sample pack
https://www.theterpenestore.com/
1st Flavor: Blueberry
2nd Flavor: Pineapple Express
3rd Flavor: Strawberry Cough
4th Flavor: Bubba
5th Flavor: Sour Diesel
6th Flavor: Skunk #1

http://sclabs.com/learn/terpenes.html
A bit more about terpenes. I could see the vaping industry taking to this but it ending up on the news for being controversial. Imma go to my local vape shop and see if i can convince them to use terpene flavorings and color dye flavanoids get the ball rolling

I wish i had some extract that i could try to infuse with it.

Edited by FrmSpore2Siid, 10 October 2016 - 06:49 PM.

#12 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:07 PM

Look at http://buy-terpenes.com  they offer several options with 1 ounce bottles as low as $11 us now the pipettes are a fortune and small amounts.

Linalool $ 26 per ounce + shipping.

I have experimented with 1,8 cineole and terpinen-4-ol, though I got nothing to report yet.

• wildedibles likes this

#13 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

People have been experimenting and using terpenes for thousands of years, so its nothing new. Though it is now getting some attention from science.
Sam the Skunkman was talking with a group of people on an old cannabis site over 10 years ago about experimenting with terpenes.

I used other terpenes around that time and the most vivid memory I have is of using a 5000 year old recipe using cannabis oil and several terpenes in oil, used for Religious ceremonies. This was poured all over the body not vaped though.

I am looking forward to you results FrmSpore2siid.

• wildedibles likes this

#14 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:58 PM

Terpenes have the "entourage effect", lmao sounds gangster. So im hoping aside from tasting good have sudating effects with the combinations without the thc too. Im hoping this stuff mixes with vg or pg. So i can use it on a drip setup.
  • Heirloom likes this

#15 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,200 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:11 PM

It takes a lot of Cannabis to make pure terpene extract. This makes the stuff expensive...

Around $300 per mil for the AAAA top shelf with this one commercial company.

http://blueriverextracts.com/terpenes/

Edited by hyphaenation, 10 October 2016 - 10:17 PM.

• wildedibles and Heirloom like this

#16 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:22 AM

Yea to exract cannabis terpenes they use a steam extractor, or at leasty that's what they use in Europe. This leaves behind
THC in the extracted cannabis .

Shantibabba of MR.Nice seeds used this method to sell extracts from his cannabis farms in Switzerland. He was later busted on bogus claims he was a huge hash dealer.

The Italian government arrested him put him in a mafia prison where he received a standing ovation from the other prisoners - they  believed the charges against him of making gigantic amounts of money and producing huge amounts of hash in the tons.

This can be done on a small level  at home take your terpene extract and then remove the THC from the product  to maximize production.

edit - my interest in terpenes is not to reproduce the taste of pot but to explore the medical  value/recreation uses.

To mix your own from pure extracts a pipette that measures in ul / millionths of a liter are needed and that's part of the real cost.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 12 October 2016 - 11:29 AM.

• wildedibles likes this

#17 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,200 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:36 PM

How do you separate pure terpenes from everything else in a home setting ?

• wildedibles likes this

#18 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:22 AM

a simple PDF on expracting Limonene from citrus peals using steam distillation. A person can make there own still.
Alcohol extraction can also be used.

Seperating terpenes at home can be more difficult depending on what terpenes.

I imagine that some can be separate based on their respective weight using a centrifuge, others by an other distillation at a very low temp  - perhaps using a vaccum .

I believe that other terpenes can be seperated from other using low temps from a fridge to a freezer

Others can be separated by add terpenes to an acid like boric acid then separated by fractional crystallization. the desired mater is then separated from the borate gather the terpenes and put
it in a bottle. ^^ this was from an old paten from 1932 I think.

Some terpenes are liquids at room temp while other are crystalline.

With cannabis alone having 120 terpenes there is no one method to isolate each on. I think
in the long run to extract from other plants might be desirable or to even by the. terpenes.

• wildedibles likes this

#19 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:32 PM

These turpene make ups taste pretty good. Seems like a good business to get into since it works into making vape flavors made up of just terpenes these guys just popped up this year. Polly got a lot of lab equipment. Sources are potentially thown out as garbage. Like rotting fruit from grocery stores. Unless you are extracting a specific terpinoid from a paticular plant. Wonder what effect microbes have on the compounds like fermenting gives a sweet pickle smell. Natures natural chemists. Make it into an acid gas or alcohol.
I use aeromatic compunds in my house too like incense. I like cinnamon and eucalyptus oil. Wonder if we can burn it like that too in an oil burner. How do you suggest i smoke it solo. I dont have a nail or a glass screen for my bowl. Wanna see phycological effects separated from weed. Is it still relaxing does it take a lot ? If it does will the concentration be too much to mix with vg for pg to smoke for effect. What other mixing what organic soluvents would be good to vape with. Heard they made something from cannabis plant.

#20 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:37 PM

I have noticed that the medicinal weed I get is tested for THC, CBD and a few Terpenes ;) I need to look more into this cause different strais very soo much in the different terpenes ......no wonder its hard to guess what your individual weed is good for when its not only the strain your looking for to match with health problems its the cannbinoids and terpenes and ??
  • Heirloom likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!