24 replies to this topic

#21 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,287 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:15 AM

From what I have been reading (which has lots of advertising so I diddnt add it here)
This vaping terpenes would be like aromatherapy
adding the terpenes to a veggie carrier oil ...same thing you do in aromatherapy using such a tiny amount
but you do not need a large amount anyway cause much of the goodies would be smelled or tasted and for thoes senses a little goes along way good news for expensive terpenes
and some other herbs and fruit rinds etc contain more of the same terpenes weed has so there is cheaper sources
I like weed as a whole not just parts of it but seperating it into parts is a way to explore all the goodies that weed may contain :) there is much info on terpenes from other legal sources to compare it to the illigal sources from weed :) I'm all for new reasearch on weed :)

#22 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:33 AM

So check it out your right on point when mixed with 2 ML terpenes 8 ML Vegetable Glycerin it is perfectly miscible. The VG gets a slight purple tinge when it is mixed dunno if it reactive with black light don't have one to find out but it looks very cool. The smoke is okay not as sweet as i would have thought. Wonder if there is anything else that can be mixed with it to improve taste. Could mess with the concentration a bit more if i get more. It gives a light buzz when smoked alone. I have 2 bottles one with nicotine and one without and they both smoke well. I haven't noticed much difference with the effect but it smooth when you drink or do opiates.

VG 100 Terpenes.jpg

Vape.jpg

Coil Vape.jpg

Edited by FrmSpore2Siid, 21 November 2016 - 01:37 AM.

#23 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,934 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:32 PM

Chemical constituents of  cannabis PDF. I thought some might want to see this.
I just found it today going through my PDF files.

I was wrong only 60 cannabinoids and there are 140 terpenes if I remember right.
This talks about variations of cannabinoids that occur naturally. Mentions  two types of
CBN for those interested .

namaste

Attached Files

#24 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,055 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:15 AM

How about fractional distillation, then separating terpines from there by boiling point or selective solvents?
  • Heirloom and CatsAndBats like this

#25 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,934 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

I bet information on refining terpenes can be found online, several ways depending on what terpene mix one starts with.

The boiling points of terpenes vary and I bet some might be separate use a freezer as I bet they might separate in a tube or
a separating funnel. A sep funnel has a stopcock at the bottom to more easily remove a lower portion.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!