#1 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

Wanted to show a grow . I am using 2 clones labeled M  a reference to where I got the.
   The other clone will be labeled K and I started 2 seeds from a vendor selling seeds called OG Kush.

A small grow , I will update   when I have something to show.

Oh I am growing under a 400wt induction light.

namaste

Attached Thumbnails

• M 007.JPG
  • M 001.JPG

• ethnobotanist420, Juthro, Microbe and 3 others like this

#2 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

I'm always been intrested in these

[Direct Link]

• Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#3 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,242 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

pulling up a chair  :biggrin:

#4 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

I got one of two og kush seeds going the M clones are doing good. I need to get more K c;ones.

I need to remove an LED from a box and put a 400 wt hid in the growbox and grow the clones or bud out the mothers plants .
I mean switching areas. I prefer an HID to LED. I am using  400 watt induction light  in one area and the other an HID.

Nothing to show yet.

Hopefully soon, give it time.

• wharfrat and Gnomesayin like this

#5 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 437 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:16 PM

Howdy All

What is an induction light?
I'd love to see that video, but my interweb isn't up to snuff
Heirloom, tell us about your tent, what type of grow are you planning

When looking at your girls, the the branches look thick to me, are you training them or is it the type of plant, or is it just me?

#6 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:17 AM

Hey Lakegal, an induction light is an old light invented by N, Tesla . They are similar to a flourscent but more powerful.
 They are sealed with no wires going into the glass, the bulb is lit up by a high frequency electric field. They can last about 20 years
depending on how many hours a day a person runs them. My bulbs are 5100K .

I built a grow box about15 years ago and still use it. That's the way these plants are , lots of branches and a good yielder. I am just going to grow these tree style. Those shown are a unnamed clone I got from a guy. I got a few others to show when they root, amother clone with no name so I just label it K for the woman who gave it to me. A nice plant never gets to big but bushy and a good yield.

I got a small room that I also grow in. I don't grow as much as I used to.

have a good day

edit - I have a 4x4 ' grow tent but never took it out of the box. I started buying  different lights several years ago . My electric notified me that out of 100 homes I was the biggest user of electricity, I got paranoid and dropped my electric useage way down. I was running 2 boxes and a grow room with about 40 sqr feet. now I only grow a few at a time.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 21 October 2016 - 06:29 AM.

• Sidestreet, ethnobotanist420, Lakegal7 and 1 other like this

#7 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 437 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:02 AM

These Tesla lights are intriguing Heirloom, I need to read up on them.
When you say " tree style" do you mean just let them grow naturally?
Hope the power company is off your back now.
Off subject, we had a notice like that with our power company last year telling us that we use
more electricity than our neighbors.. How stupid can they be, I live year round here and 80% of my
neighbors come out to their cabins a few times a year...I'm ranting
I hope the power police are not taking any notice
I'm glad you are posting your grow,
Could you share your thoughts on the various lighting thats out there and why you've
Decided on the induction lighting?
  • Heirloom likes this

#8 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

The two larger plants are the one labeled K, the seedling is OG kush.

I will let them grow naturally  maybe clip off the very low branches, taking more clones.

I got my power bill way down below 50% of what I was using. I got a 5.5 KW generator but don't like to use it.

I heard good things about induction lights and it fills the space I used two 400 wt. metal halides or HPS  with good yields. The clone I marked M ( the little ones) produced 2 dry ounces under my 400 watt induction lamp. the length of the 400 induction is about 4 feet long . The bud I have grown has been as good as the two hids I used before,   -- cutting my power useage in half for that area while getting good yields.

Induction lights can be bought for about half price from a ware house  lighting company. They come in different spectrums, I like 5100K

I knew a guy that was using an induction light so I thought I should try , I was in desperate times for security.

I feel my LEDS were a waste of money  now. This might be good for sogs or scrogs.

I should of instead bout a 750 watt sulpfur light lit up by a magnetron that emits microwave, they are used to light up airplane hangers , the main problem with them is the need to be hung 4 feet above the plants to be 1 sun.

These use a glass bulb with sulphur compounds that microwaves excite and put off a powerful light fairly cheap and long lasting sulphur lamps - like 20 years . 

The Led panel I am changing out for a MH or HPS  takes more power 500 watts and does not go the depth I need. Each led used 2 watts so its fine above the canopy but not for deep penetration
for lower branches.

The 400 MH will penetrate deeper use a 100 watts less. I built my boxes for 400 watt lamps ,
they are 6 'tall 36wide and 30 " deep . with a floor and a carbon filter. I built these using screws so I can take apart and move. Done that at least 3 times since I built them, cost me $75  a box.

They have double doors and went shut they run cooler than when opened. I also have locks on them which I don't need anymore so I just use the bolt to seal them.

I hope this help a little , ask anything you like.

namaste

Attached Thumbnails

• kush oct 001.JPG
  • kush oct 003.JPG
  • kush oct 005.JPG
  • indi 003.JPG

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 21 October 2016 - 12:13 PM.

• ethnobotanist420, Microbe, Lakegal7 and 2 others like this

#9 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:30 PM

I forgot to mention the first two ^^^ above pics of plant labeled K were grown under a 500 watt LED, I moved them to grow under my 400 watt induction till I take clones and bud it out.

namaste

#10 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 437 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:30 PM

Some error pops up when I hit the like button, they look great!
  • Heirloom likes this

#11 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

I'll show more later when they are bigger and I hope good looking. I am somewhat lazy as I am old.

Tell me if you see a difference between the induction lamp and a HID. I am going to use coir and got organic and salts both
from general hydro.

My wife wants me to do 2 grows  so I will . I'm just looking for a good clone or more. I am expected to provide clones for next springs outdoor gro.

I intend on making a personal amount of medical oil and some buds for vapor or smoke.

Last but not least its very nice to see you around Lake Gal , a kangaroo ha

• onediadem, Lakegal7, Sicshroom and 1 other like this

#12 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:28 PM

A small update .
The first pic is of clone "M" .

The second pic is a seedling 
I bought labeled OG Kush

All grown under a 400wt induction light.  More clones to be added.

A clone "K" under a 400wt MH. more "K" clones to come.

Attached Thumbnails

• AACAN 001.JPG
  • AACAN 002.JPG
  • 001.JPG
  • 001.JPG

• wharfrat, Lakegal7 and Gnomesayin like this

#13 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 437 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:19 PM

Beautiful how Heirloom, noticed you have on of those air pots. How do you like them?
Glad you are doing this forum and sharing your exsperience concerning the led lighting.
I've spent some time reading up on the l.e.d.s. They sure are expensive. The induction
lighting sounds like an un sung hero in the grow world
  • Heirloom likes this

#14 Sade

Sade

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 413 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:00 PM

Subbed. I also am very interested in induction lighting. I just do not like the price. You should also chec out gavita hps lights.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
  • Heirloom likes this

#15 Sade

Sade

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 413 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:01 PM

Will you be doing any LST?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
  • Heirloom likes this

#16 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:49 PM

I like the air pots but only got the 1 they should be less expensive.

I have several HPS and MH, at least 5. Don't grow much these days.

I have seen the Gavita lamps but never tried one.

I am just going to let them grow natural no training.

The induction light can be bought at stores that supply warehouses for about half of what a hydro shop sells them for , they are identical. They offer different spectrums too. I wish I had known that before I bought one from a hydro store could of got 2 for what I paid.

namaste

• Gnomesayin likes this

#17 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

I was talking to LakeGal about feminized seeds and thought I should post these pics of some papers hope they are readable.

To reduce the chance of hermies use only clones that do not produce any male flowers.

Attached Thumbnails

• STS 002.JPG
  • STS 003.JPG
  • STS 004.JPG
  • STS 005.JPG
  • STS 006.JPG
  • STS ingrediants 001.JPG

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 28 October 2016 - 09:19 PM.

• Hash_Man, Lakegal7 and Gnomesayin like this

#18 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:47 AM

Since I brought up the topic of making feminized seeds I should show how its done. The female plants sprayed with sts  will look like females only the buds will be all males in the shape / form of a female bud.

I will use clones that never produce male flowers.  Though some do use plants that produce male flowers ,specificialy females that produce a be bananas at harvest time. Soma used this method.

I have made plenty of my own fem seeds in the past  and they all worked out great. I mostly used them for outdoor grows.

When I make up my solutions  I keep them in jars in my fridge in a bag to keep them out of the light.

I keep 2 jars 1 of silver nitrate in distilled water 1 of the sodium thiousulfate solution in a jar. I take them out only when I want to make STS  which is diluted at a 1:9 ratio  ( 1 part sts to 9 parts water ) then put into my spray bottle and use I put the rest back into my fridge for a second spray 2 weeks later. The sex reversed clone is only used for pollen then destroyed - it cannot be smoked.

I also use a small clone since I make fem seeds only for myself and friends that I grow with.

I started making STS feminized seeds 13 years ago and want to thank hyb exelite and vichigh for setting me on the path to learn about plant genetics. Many other also but to many to name and most likely they will never see this.

For more info on cannabis sexuality read "Advances in Hemp Research"  Research has shown how to increase THC in plants.

I am tired of writeing right now and will provide more info another time.  Doesn't seem to many are really interested.

• Lakegal7, Gnomesayin and Opalguy like this

#19 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:01 PM

I think I will make a separate thread on making Feminized seeds using STS and show the proof by growing out the seeds.

The thread will be short , pics and tek used and anything of any value. Then a grow on the resulting seeds.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 29 October 2016 - 01:02 PM.

• onediadem, Lakegal7, Sicshroom and 1 other like this

#20 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 437 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for sharing your info on the STS info
  • Heirloom likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!