#1 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,958 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:43 PM

Expecting 50+ mph winds tonight. More than likely we will lose power, but dammit I have been dying to have a trip. I just took two hits of good blotter and got ten grams or so of mushies ground up into powder. The wife took one hit of blotter and will more than likely help me with the mushrooms as well. The wind is really kicking up out there, and it should be an interesting night. Got a full moon up there behind the clouds and it should be interesting to sneak around outside tonight and check out the environment.

We will more than likely lose power, but my guitars work either way. Wish us luck because this should be an interesting night! BTW I have no intention of doing all those mushies at once, but will spread them out a couple grams at a time throughout the night. Launched at 5:40 or so and heeeeere we go!

I hope all of my fellow Pacific Northwest Topiate friends get through this windstorm ok and with no loss of power!

Edited by Coopdog, 15 October 2016 - 07:44 PM.

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,591 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:00 PM

stay safe brother.. just starting to get big gusts now and we will most definitely lose power..  

• Juthro likes this

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,252 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:08 PM

sounds like an interesting night. wear a hard hat outdoors  :)

• coorsmikey likes this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,157 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:08 PM

Here to the southwest of you, the high wind warning was set for from 2:00PM to midnight.  There were a few somewhat strong gusts, but nothing approaching the 55 MPH forecast for here, with 80 MPH over the ridges and at the headlands.  I just checked, as it's been way easier going than they said, and guess what?   The warning's been pulled here, with this being the NOAA forecast now: "...southeast wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph." 

I went outside in a squall and got the generator all set up and fueled up to be ready.   I guess that was enough to change the weather.

Edited by Alder Logs, 15 October 2016 - 09:11 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#5 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:14 PM

Hope you have a good time. Candles make for good trip lighting if necessary. I have 50+ mph wind here all winter long anytime the Santa Ana's blow, as I am at the base of a major mountain pass, and the mountains are my back yard. I am sure we are better set to deal with wind here as it is a regular and power lines are all underground.

As long as you watch for debris outside you should still have a good time. Enjoy and be safe.

• Coopdog likes this

#6 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,105 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:11 PM

I enjoy a good storm!

Stay safe, and have a blast my friend :)

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,252 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:14 AM

Coop enjoys a good strum   :)

#8 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,958 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:34 AM

And a good storm. Tonight was a powerful reminder that this blotter is no joke on it's own merit. Took two hits of this at 5:30pm and damn I am still of an on my own nearlty 8 hrs later. Dayum what a trip!

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher and wharfrat like this

#9 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

Extradimentional Psilocypher

• OG VIP
  • 1,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:43 AM

You  must have found some of that needlepoint that was going around up  here :ph34r: 

Glad you had a good time....this weather has been a ripper.   High winds are one of my favorite elements on a  journey.

Edited by Teonanacatl38, 16 October 2016 - 05:45 AM.

• HrVanker likes this

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,958 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:27 AM

Same old LSD Orgy blotter Thought maybe it had started going downhill lol. Nope not at all! Two hits and I fried my ass off tonight and never even got to the mushies.

• HrVanker likes this

#11 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

I was gonna say...

That was quite the psychedelic buffet you'd lined up for yourself :wink: 

• Coopdog likes this

#12 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,958 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

Last night we came up watching Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp, then watched the new Conan the Barbarian before we started in playing music. That Alice in Wonderland was a real mind fuck as this strong trip came on. Some parts of the Conan movie seemed to be weird inter-dimensional quantum kinda stuff. They were both real heady movies to watch tripping.

I was tripping so hard I could not keep my groove with the music, and just kept losing myself. Must have had some sort of groove going on because my fingertips are sore as hell lol. Switched to the drums and tambourines at some point. Sometime around 4 am I insisted that we turn the music down as I was getting sort of beat up with it and my damn fingers were stinging lol. It was one hell of a trip indeed! Still have not been properly to sleep and I am hungry as hell. I may have to get up and go into town to satisfy my craving for something hot and tasty!

• Teonanacatl38, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 3 others like this

#13 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,958 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:49 AM

Man I wish sometimes that I could invite people into our tripping experience. I have tried many times but I guess all of my rowdy friends have settled down lol. My wife is the ultimate trip facilitator. She has the whole evening set up and planned from the first half hour after liftoff until at least 12-16 hours later. She has a precious cd book with a pile of amazingly visual trip movies in it, including some she painstakingly made herself that are amazing to see and experience. She always has a fantastic music lineup going, and she first lights up some background lighting, then eventually puts on one laser, then another, then more effects lighting, until we are in a total fantasy land (See my avatar) and then as we wind down, one laser goes away, then the next, then the lighting gradually comes down as the music moves more into a relaxed and laid back mode. It is really quite the experience every time we do it. Doesn't matter if I get a couple hits of the half strength stuff or accidentally get two of the good ones like I did last night, in the end the whole experience comes off seamlessly and very well done. I am very thankful to her for providing that experience for me. :)

• Teonanacatl38, coorsmikey, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#14 MaiNiaK

MaiNiaK

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:39 AM

Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

My wife had a bad acid trip when she was younger. She tried mushrooms with me when we were in our early 20s and still had a bad experience. So for years I've only been able to trip with friends. I'm now 43 and she's 40. This year i managed to talk her into trying some mushies again, only this time i severely diminished her dose. We laid on the front lawn on a blanket, watched the meteor shower and listened to music. She had a great time. There is nothing better then tripping with a life partner.  

• Teonanacatl38, coorsmikey, Coopdog and 2 others like this

#15 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

• OG VIP
  • 1,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:20 AM

There is nothing better then tripping with a life partner.  

:hug:

• Coopdog, ChimX, Saphroziac and 1 other like this

#16 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 569 posts

Donator

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:10 AM

Thats partially why I stopped tripping or only trip alone. My friends arent as into it as I am and can't facilitate at all and have no intention to. I do it alone occasionally but what I really want is a life partner to trip with.

• coorsmikey, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#17 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,252 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:55 AM

anybody else encounter people who would just substitute shrooms/cactus/aya for getting drunk?  and not using the sacraments as self examination tools or the keys to heaven but just another dumbass inebriant?

I've included my bro-in-law in half a dozen trips and all he wants to do is start drinking the minute the come-up starts. Granted, he has an alcohol problem anyhow but I'm encountering more people who are more like him than like most of us. Not one bit interested in the spiritual lever the drugs can give and seem more interested in getting stupified not to do self improvement but to find a place to hide for a few hours.

That's just sad. I think in the future I'll "interview" people a little harder before committing hard earned entheogens to their empty pursuits.

OR

you just never know how the drugs will affect anyone. nobody will ever come to the realization that the drugs might actually help them if they don't actually DO them and see the lights for themselves.

crap, I've gotten way off topic.

Edited by pharmer, 23 October 2016 - 02:57 AM.

• coorsmikey, Coopdog, ChimX and 4 others like this

#18 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,157 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

One of the first insights I had when really tripping balls on those first big experiences on 1969 acid and mescaline was, "everyone is on their own trip."  So for me, after many years of fooling around, it became clear, if doing it for fun with others, go light doses.   If doing any kind of work, it's big doses, alone in the quiet dark.   What was lacking in 1969 for me were wise elders.   I went with experienced trippers, but even with them, it was fun and games.   Let's get weird.   We all needed a shaman it seems.   It was hard to even have that inkling.   We were babes in the woods.   Many of us could see something there, but few knew how to be humble about it.   Party down, dudes!   We were doing the best we could with what we had.  No blame.   I think Ram Dass helped me a lot with his book.  

• Teonanacatl38, Coopdog, ChimX and 3 others like this

#19 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

Glad you both had a good time Coop. I long ago gave up company when spirit walking. Not only was I unable to find fellow journeyers that shared my reverence for the experience, I found that being in the company of party only participants set me up for a most frustrating, negative experience. And if I was honest about it, I was probably a negative to them.

I don't need to partake very often anymore, but when I am called, I far prefer alone and far from any civilization or possible influence of other people.

You are lucky to have found a soulmate to journey with. I however am comfortable with the acceptance that my own travels will be alone, with only the company of my teachers and guides.....................

• Coopdog, Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#20 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,955 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

This.

This is why I wish we on this community could somehow get together, in a teepee in a deep wood somewhere and take true spiritual walks together.
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher, Saphroziac and 2 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!