30 replies to this topic

#21 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

Coopdog,

I really enjoyed all of your posts in this thread. That you can share these experiences with your wife is the biggest blessing. I hope you guys get old and grey together, still sharing your spiritual appetites.

You brought up a great point which I can definitely relate to. After several years of Ayahuasca ceremonies down here, I disagreed with the 'open door' policies of many denominations in the Yage circuit, and today opt for smaller ceremonies with close friends and family.

The energy of smaller ceremonies is entirely different when you're surrounded by sincere people with spiritual intent. The open door policy invites a constant influx of tourists and thrill seekers which inevitably results in a chaotic and distant environment.

On the other hand, I've seen a lot of these open door ceremonies change lives forever. Alcoholics and hard drug addicts who've turned everything around. Broken hearted and emotionally distraught people who have found some peace in their lives. And wasn't I once the tourist myself?

Some of the 'exclusive' groups down here adhere to the biblical parable: "Do not give that which is holy unto dogs, nor cast your pearls to swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn and rend you." They refuse entrance and access to most and those accepted go through endless interviews snd waiting lists.

I know, deep down, that finding a light in an often dark world is something that should be shared and not hidden away. I don't have the answer, but if I were pressed to give one, I'd say do both as often as possible. Open and closed ceremonies, twice as often. That means drinking twice as much Yage, and that suddenly sounds pretty good to me....

“If I knew the way, I would take you home." - Grateful Dead

Sorry for the rant!
ChimX
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,671 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:35 PM

It didn't feel like a rant. 

While one size certainly does not fit all, and not all fruit ripens at the same time, one can only trust their inner knowing.  

May we all find the grace to know what is in our hearts. 

• Coopdog, ChimX and Skywatcher like this

#23 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:13 AM

Thank you ChimX for the well thought out response. I very much value my other half for her open minded attitude towards what most people would consider insane behavior. I have always been a seeker, and probably always will. After all this time I have come to believe that I have "found" something and I am not sure how to quantify that other than that I have become a kinder, more generous and more patient human being from these pursuits and that my family and social life have become much more rewarding and positive compared to where they were ten years ago. I am not sure what is right as far as open door policy goes but would tend to fall on the exclusive side. I don't often share anything of a psychedelic nature with anyone unless I have a strong feel for their mindset and coping abilities towards the positive side of the spectrum.

The problem with open door policies is that these things ARE illegal as all hell, and one over emotional response can bring about a whole shitstorm of negative legal problems with one uneducated person and a phone. If I was to include others it would have to be with the Hunter S Thompson policy of "Buy the ticket, take the ride" somewhere in the middle of nowhere where you can get all emo with no negative after effects for at least 24 hours. Just saying...

PEace...

• Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#24 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:39 PM

I have become a kinder, more generous and more patient human being from these pursuits

I reread that line over and over. That's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard said about a person's endeavors with psychedelics. Massive respect Coopdog.

these things ARE illegal as all hell, and one over emotional response can bring about a whole shitstorm of negative legal problems

That would certainly answer the question of open door policies for me. Be safe.

ChimX
  • Coopdog and Alder Logs like this

#25 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,671 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

I once heard about an Indian guru who supposedly said that because he could not get into the world sooner, he sent LSD ahead of his coming.   That guru guy was born in 1957.

Edited by Alder Logs, 04 November 2016 - 04:03 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#26 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:50 AM

and not all fruit ripens at the same time

damn, Alder, you never disappoint

#27 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,671 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:02 PM

and not all fruit ripens at the same time

damn, Alder, you never disappoint

I borrowed that line from Mooji, speaking to questions of human awakening.  

It is a good one to temper any personal urges toward world saving and evangelism.   It can be a load off, as it has been in my own case.   No need to place any fingers on the scales of justice, nor doubt the underlying perfection of that which is.  

Edited by Alder Logs, 05 November 2016 - 02:05 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#28 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

I read it differently.

More like we have to be patient with those who haven't had the same experience we have and therefore arent'  likely to be able to understand what we already know, or to understand us as persons. We may be able to understand them but would need to pass our thinking through this filter first.

It would work well with " A man can't enter the same river twice"

Edited by pharmer, 05 November 2016 - 07:08 PM.

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,671 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:37 PM

In the case of psychedelics, set and setting includes the psyche of the tripper, and the experience quanta might extend lifetimes back, or born yesterday.    Gotta feel 'er out, at any rate, to be a bit wise about it all.

#30 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,776 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:31 PM

While one size certainly does not fit all, and not all fruit ripens at the same time, one can only trust their inner knowing.  

May we all find the grace to know what is in our hearts. 

The beauty in a statement like this, is each individual may take what they need, the meaning is flexible.

I read this and felt a peace, seeing the truth for myself that some parts of my life/spirit are still growing, while others feel like I have moved past them. The time scale is when I am ready and it happens. There is no set rate of progression, and I find that comforting in it's way.

If it takes more than one lifetime, I am fine with that.

In fact, I believe it has taken several already. I do not recall the actual experiences, but the heart only knows what is and I need not question how or why.

• Alder Logs likes this

#31 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,671 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

There is such deep peace in being at ease with the mystery.  

Edited by Alder Logs, 05 November 2016 - 10:45 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!