28 replies to this topic

#21 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:40 AM

Cubes fruited at lower temps have a few benefits. Less than "ideal" for molds when temps are in the 60s, and when grown slower, more time to develop the alkaloids that we desire. Just this cat's .02

• OysterFarmer likes this

#22 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

Cubes fruited at lower temps have a few benefits. Less than "ideal" for molds when temps are in the 60s, and when grown slower, more time to develop the alkaloids that we desire. Just this cat's .02

Could be something to that.   The cyans are in extremely cold temps and they can take a good couple weeks to get from pin to full canopy.  Would probably make them fresher when dried to.  And yeah I've got zero bugs in the grow area.

I think I'm gonna tent the area and when I switch to outdoor propane stoves for cooking up my bulk oyster grows I'll trap the heat under the tarp and in water barrells.  Maybe keep this going all winter until it all pans out and I won't have to worry about removal of the patch either.

The cyans that is.  I was digressing there.

Edited by OysterFarmer, 20 October 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#23 555

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:00 PM

Wow, I had great success with my Costa Ricans.. Before this, the Blue Meanies were my favs. I did use horse poo substrate/casing and a popcorn mixed with wheat berries spawn mix. This is my personal favorite mix for all the cubes I have grown and will grow. I must admit though that it took them awhile to start pinning. The Costa Ricans are my favorites at this point in time. I am at the end of this flush now, here are some pictures, 2 pans of fully colonized substrate; attachicon.gifcostaricaboth.jpg, a picture of the 1st flush; attachicon.gif20160926_113445.jpg Here's a pic from about a week ago, they are still growing on the sides!! attachicon.gif20161013_133238.jpg The largest cap I had came from the side?? ; attachicon.gif20161013_191920.jpg I made a few spore prints from the Blue Meanies and the Costa Ricans. May I ask a question? What did you use for your spawn mix and your casing

HUH.  That is interesting.  What is it exactly that makes them your fav?

I'm a big guy (almost 300 pounds and I'm not all that fat.  Well at least I don't think so LOL)  So it takes a lot to make me feel anything.  And I also take a lot of meds for my various conditions.

As far as soil I've got a pretty good mix going on.  I was using popcorn but have just switched to regular animal feed whole corn which seems to be basically the same but haven't really got much colonization on it yet.  I've abandoned all my Costa Rican samples now though.  The rough mix is Loewe's brand steer manure, pinch of lime, pinch of salt, pinch of brewers nutrients, peat moss and vermiculite. COARSE vermiculite and I think that is really, really important.  That fine grain vermiculite seems to be a real asshole for picking up contams.  The coarse stuff not so much.  The exact ratios are my little secret but you can figure it out.

Seems to be a pretty good mix.  I'm also starting portabellos and agaricus blazei (sp?) /almond portabello which will hopefully take the same mix.

I ate 5 grams of fresh and got a great buzz lol. I really didn't want to get that high, thought I was doing a micro dose but was wrong. Last week I ate 2 little Costa Ricans expecting a small buzz but it was full blown! (I need to weigh these things, not go by size, my bad) Thank God I had good friends at the bar. I do not think weight is a factor in psychedelics?? I know it matters in alcohol?? You just blowed me away, (time to go back and see if weight does matter?) I am close to 200 lbs.. 

Opps!!! I may need to retract my statement!! Maybe I am one of those "low tolerance" type of people?? Anyway, I found this just in case anyone would like to know?? And I quote  "(All dosage amounts are for Cubensis. For other species and suggested dosage, check the Shroomery Dosage Calculator.)

It is recommended (by many) you eat between .75 and 1.5g grams of dried Cubensis for your first trip, without the addition of a MAOI. Usually, .75 - 1.5g is perfect. More than 2g may be asking for trouble. Some people suggest a dose as low as .25g, but any dose less than that is imperceptable in most humans.

Some people will say 1.5g is not very potent. And true, 1.5 grams may be a disappointingly mild trip. It could also be surprisingly strong.

Remember, different people have different reactions to mushrooms. If you have never tripped, how do you know how you'll react?

With the proper set and setting, .75 - 1.5g a fine suggested first dose. Without the proper set and setting, don't even bother tripping.

A person with a LOW psilocybin tolerance will trip on 1.5g like they ate 4.5g or more (which is a very large dose for an unsuspecting newbie). This is true. Many Shroomerites have very LOW tolerances. Some people are very sensitive to psilocybin. It is best to start small, to make sure you know your tolerance. Besides, the VAST majority of first time trippers will have their minds expanded on 1.5g whether they have a high tolerance or not.

On the other hand, some people have a HIGH tolerance to psilocybin and they will not trip as much on 1.5g as most people.

It is better to be safe than sorry. Start small, find your tolerance, then work up to a higher dose... if you wish. There is nothing wrong with keeping your dosage small. Small doses gone bad, are much less mentally traumatic than large doses.

Most experienced trippers take between 1.5 grams and 3.5 grams for what they'd consider an "Average" trip. It is not recommended that somebody exceed this recommended .75 - 1.5g dosage until they're familiar with, and know how to take control of the trip experience. Even then, large doses of shrooms can be awe-inspiringly frightening.

Forget everything you've been told about building an "instant tolerance" when the shrooms take efffect. Tolerance takes a little while to set in. Take a second dose of equal or greater (or even less) value, 1-2 hours after you take your first dose. You can even take a third dose 3-4 hours after the first but by then, you will likely notice tollerance setting in.

Be sure to redose BEFORE or DURING your peak (which may or may not be hard to remember to do... depending on the intensity of your trip). If you redose after you peak, tollerance will start setting in, and unless you take considerably more shrooms than you did for your first dose, you likely won't ever climb back to the heights of your first peak.

If you like 3-6 hour peaks on shrooms, try redosing, it works especially well with medium to large doses.

For example, (since TripMeister and Cervantes have quite a bit of experience with redosing) start with your usual dose, (TripMeister's is 5 grams, Cervantes' is 3.5g) then 1:45 after that, take the same dose 1 gram (so 6 for TM, 4 for Cerv) then, 1:30 later take the previous dose amount 1-2 grams (so 7-8 for TM... Cervantes hasn't tripple dosed... yet). It works great, but three doses seems to be the maximum you can do. After that, tolerance is at nearly 100%.

Three doses will let you peak for over 6 hours. It's also interesting to do different strains at each dose and watch how the trip's characteristics change."   I am now wondering are all cubensis mushroom strains equal in potency??? Anybody know??

#24 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

Cubensis and all other strains vary GREATLY in potency.  For instance I wouldn't grow penis envy again unless I was making a big batch of rice crispy treats, etc.  Some of those are inches long and you cut them in half and they are pure blue.  I don't think anyone should even attempt eating something like that.  And the high isn't the greatest either.  Heavily narcotic feeling.

And those Cyanescens I've been fooling around with.  Good luck taking a gram and a half of those.  Might want to find a padded room first.

A lot of the regular 'cubies' that make the rounds though I would usually do a half a bag (half an eighth) or even a whole bag if I really wanted to flip out.

#25 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:58 PM

Most of the tubs I had left I gave away to friends and am waiting on their reports.   They don't seem overly impressed either.

#26 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:07 PM

Pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_5833.JPG
  • SAM_5834.JPG

• CatsAndBats likes this

#27 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

I watched a video yesterday of a guy that went to Mexico collecting mushrooms in general.  He said that ninety nine percent of the psychedelic mushrooms he found were at higher elevations.  At night the temps could get below freezing.  So part of the problem with some of these I think may be that although they are from South America they prefer cooler temps.  At least at night.

An idea could be to have a heater on a timer which shuts down at night and warms only during the day to mimic the mushrooms native conditions.

#28 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:58 PM

I watched a video yesterday of a guy that went to Mexico collecting mushrooms in general.  He said that ninety nine percent of the psychedelic mushrooms he found were at higher elevations.  At night the temps could get below freezing.  So part of the problem with some of these I think may be that although they are from South America they prefer cooler temps.  At least at night.

An idea could be to have a heater on a timer which shuts down at night and warms only during the day to mimic the mushrooms native conditions.

Do you mean for cubes in general or for this strain or both?

Are you suggesting this for mushrooms that were gathered from high elevations only?

Even though this is a little off topic, in this grow @foster replicated natural conditions to grow these indoors, which historically is difficult to do:

https://mycotopia.ne...r-only-2015-16/

#29 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:39 PM

The guy was saying that there are dozens if not hundreds of species of magics at the high elevations but he only found a couple at lower and hotter elevations.

I researched where the Costa Rican strain was found and it was high up on a volcano.

• CatsAndBats likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!