#1 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,041 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:10 PM

I had heard Oliver Stone being interviewed about this upcoming series a few year back.  Today I discovered that it is being posted online. The first one I found and watched was: Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States Prequel A.

[Direct Link]

I then began to search for, on YouTube, a Prequel B. That search was coming up empty. 

It seemed as if Oliver Stone and his co-authors had determined that some back-story for his series was needed and hence, these prequels.  These two videos are all of the series I have viewed so far.  I just finished watching it.  to find it took some searching, but I found Prequel B on a site called, "Dailymotion" (which looks like it is setting up to be an alternative to YouTube which, incidentally, has recently been cited for instances of censorship).   And so, here is their link to Prequel B.

Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States Prequel B

And so now I will join you here in viewing (this link is from Dailymotion and is full screen (the embedded one from YouTube is in a small screen):

The Untold History of the United States Season 1 Episode 1  

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 October 2016 - 03:34 PM.

• Zen_, Myc, ChimX and 1 other like this

#2 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 5,112 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

Way thanks Alder. I just finished the first episode and must admit that I learned a thing or two. I'll be watching this one again for sure. Now, I'm especially glad that you've located the second part in advance because I would have tried to track it down myself. 

• Alder Logs likes this

#3 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:57 PM

I think they all on YouTube

https://www.youtube....jdh5EG3Q/videos

• Myc likes this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,041 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:07 PM

I could not find Prequel B on YouTube and all of the versions with that Uncle Sam face use a frame that shrinks the video to about half the area of the screen it's viewed on, and that's if you choose Full Screen.  

I think I like the idea of this Dailymotion site not being owned by Boogle.  I wish their videos would embed.   I will be poking around there to see what all they have. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 October 2016 - 11:08 PM.

#5 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 5,112 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

I'm glad to know of an alternative too. Y-tube is handy but I did know that they had a policy of arbitrary censorship just like P-Pal. Still, they're better than "TV" in that I get to cherry-pick the crap I watch. 

Thanks again for sharing. 

• Alder Logs likes this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,041 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:25 AM

I am over half way through episode two and am learning so much.  I think I may buy the set from Showtime.

• Myc likes this

#7 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 5,112 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

I watched the second one yesterday and was thinking exactly the same thing. I had hoped it might be available as hard-copy. 

This story is well worth owning. I will be searching to see if there is a print version.

Edited to include this link to a Wiki page regarding this title.

There is, indeed, a book. Oh Joy!

I'm always looking for ways to preserve a print copy of the most valuable information sources.

If something happens to the electron - books still operate for over 50% of the day without batteries or artificial lighting. 

Edited by Myc, 18 October 2016 - 04:53 PM.

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,041 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:36 PM

I wish I could read.  Durned lysdexia! 

http://www.oliverstone.com/

#9 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,413 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:34 PM

How do I get a membership to "The 400"? Sounds like a swell group of folks.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!