• 4,776 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:41 PM

My thought for today............

Add more or thoughts if you so desire.

post-126525-0-98621900-1477279084.jpg

Mother Earth Final.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 23 October 2016 - 10:19 PM.

• PsyBearknot, AGAMA, Arathu and 5 others like this

#2 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:29 PM

I enjoyed your quote/graphic, Skywatcher!

Nature is sacred to me. I've always loved nature from my earliest childhood. Before I could read on my own to learn about nature from books, my mother was awesome enough to go to the local libraries and read me books at home or at the library.

I'm so very glad that she took the time to do this for me. My earliest fascination with the natural world started with insects and arachnids, then it moved onto rocks and minerals, and then plants, then fungi, and more.

Once I was finally able to read any books I wanted to on my own that's pretty much all that I did in my free time.

I also went through many years of reading about the occult, magick, and similar things.

These days I'm quite happy that the internet has evolved enough where reliable information is freely available. I love my nature documentaries and also my socio-cultural documentaries so I can learn about REAL LIFE and what it means to be human.

I've always loved learning and I've never stopped. I'm so fortunate to live in this day and age where, with an internet connection, I have the library freely accessible at my fingertips and mouse clicks.

I find that I am much closer to nature, and that I appreciate nature even more, by slowly learning more about many aspects of the natural world.

Nothing can replace going for walks and long treks in a natural setting in local parks and even in my local neighborhood and my own back yard.

And I'm sure everyone here can agree with me that consulting with the mushroom teachers now and again reminds us in a very spiritual, mystical way that we are very much a part of the natural world and that the natural world should be taken care of and revered in some way.

I also consider myself an animal. An intelligent animal, but then again so many other animals are quite intelligent. Crows in particular are quite a wonderful animal to understand. Understanding the local flora and fauna (plants and animals, AND FUNGI!) lets me go out for my regular walks/hikes and find a much deeper appreciation for things that most people would consider mundane and insignificant.

I feel that, by taking care of my physical health as a human animal, carrying with me the knowledge of what is living around me and how it behaves, as well as its importance in the local biosphere and how they indirectly benefit people, makes every walk and every casual stroll through parks and arboretums/nature preserves all the more magical.

The changing of the seasons, the changes in weather, getting a glimpse of some of the Monarch butterflies migrating at this time of year, watching birds begin to migrate and seeing other birds come in to live around me for the winter, mystifies me and fills me with wonder.

Nature truly is wonderful.

I feel whole when I go for my walks. I feel such a deep connection to the natural world when I exercise out in nature, or when I go out into the local woods looking for salamanders hiding under rotting logs where they can munch on their tasty ants and termites.

We all play a part in nature. It's amazing to see nature at work. It's mind-blowing to have even a basic understanding of how nature works around us.

I feel pity for those who do not take any time to understand the animal and plant/fungal life around them.

I've gone for hikes and walks with such people. To them it's just moss, trees, bugs, birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, mammals. They don't see anything special about it.

I suppose that's a lifestyle choice, but considering that we humans cannot exist without the rest of our natural world being in some sort of harmonic balance, even though we have our technology and own cultures, it just seems like a very empty way of living to me.

Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here.

:hug:

• Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,776 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

post-126525-0-48568000-1477754088.jpg

May each of us in our own ways, be the seeds of healing and love.

Keepers of the ways and teachings.

Messengers of the Warriors of the Rainbow,

WarriorsoftheRainbow2.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 29 October 2016 - 10:21 AM.

• coorsmikey, Alder Logs, niemandgeist and 2 others like this

#4 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,236 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

My mother told me a story about myself how when I was three years old or thereabouts, that I used to stare at the shapes of the light that the sun made around my toys for hours silently. I had a Tonka crane, but I didn't play with it like most boys, but instead watched the sunlight through the windows of this toy.

She said if I was born today and did that they would have declared me autistic and pumped me full of drugs. I guess it's a good thing that was 1966 and not 2016.

Later she got me a book on flowers and I would collect them, but it was an actual field manual, not some kids book. So I asked her to teach me to read. I could read when I was in kindergarten, before any of my peers. I am damn lucky to have a mom like that.

I feel that native American prophecy Skye. Deeply.
  • coorsmikey, AGAMA, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#5 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:22 PM

Skywatcher, I really, really enjoyed the quote you posted about the Rainbow Warriors. I have, for some time now, long before my psychedelic experiences, thought that we humans would be best suited as stewards of nature. We have the ability to shape nature to our will, but this comes at a price.

I still feel that we humans should really do everything that we can to try to live in better harmony with nature. Not all technology is bad, but we have a long way to go to learn how to temper our curiosity and drive for innovation with what is best for not only ourselves, but for all life on this planet.

I hope very much that the prophecy of the Rainbow Warriors comes to pass and that we humans take up our role as stewards of nature, as people who revere, cherish, and protect this place.

I really wonder if we could ever exist anywhere else, no matter what technological marvels we develop to try to move onto other habitable planets, and even if we manage to try to make Mars or the Moon hospitable to life as we know it.

We should endeavor to take care of one another as well as life itself, even if each of us plays only a small role in this.

Together we could do it, but will we manage?

Fortunately there is hope, and I have a great deal of it. :wub:

• Skywatcher, Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#6 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,776 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:27 PM

post-126525-0-08570100-1478662041.jpg

mother earth.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 08 November 2016 - 10:28 PM.

#7 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,442 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

I haven't even been back in Topia land for 24 hours and I run out of "likes" before I even know what happened............hahahahaha This is great Skye. I remember I saw and heard one of my spirit guides one time and she called me Dirtmaker..............and then smiled and sang me a song, sitting on top of my compost heap. That's what we need to do IMHO, make good dirt and clean water. No one would ever be out of work.................  :meditate: 

• AGAMA, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!