#21 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,656 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

Our honesty with ourselves will not fail us.  If we insist on seeing the truth within our scope, will the truth not out?   The questions, asked in earnest, held in a non-judgmental awareness, must lead beyond what is not true. 

I have found myself called to post this video here:

[Direct Link]

• Guy1298 and SteampunkScientist like this

#22 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,225 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:19 PM

It reminds me of Kurt Gödel's incompleteness theorem, except applied to the self that is trying to describe itself, to itself. Eventually it gets to that damned "Eye" that's looking through it, from outside. It cannot fully describe itself, because it's not separate from anything else. It only appears to be thus because it can't see that "umbilical cord" in the back of it's head. When it tries to see what's "back there" it ends up (we end up) looking like a puppy chasing it's tail.
  • Guy1298 likes this

#23 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:07 PM

I like the reference to Godel. Haha. An axiomatic system fails, the self eludes!

Edited by Guy1298, 05 November 2016 - 12:35 AM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,656 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:34 PM

I think I have watched that video six times since it was posted at YouTube a couple weeks back.   I will probably watch it again.   That's unless I turn into a bindle of cocaine and someone buys me for thirty bucks. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 04 November 2016 - 10:35 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#25 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,225 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:43 PM

Well Alder I wanted to let you know something. For the last year I've been working on relearning guitar. Much of my former skill came back, but I was always making mistakes. Then I would Google this or that, "15 ways to improve your accuracy" or "10 blues chords you must learn" or blah blah blah.

So the other night I watched a documentary on Jimi Hendrix. Here is this tall genius, who is humble, in tune with the universe, a man who saw humanity as beautiful despite the constant ugliness around him. He gets up an does impossible things on a guitar without all the high tech we have now.

Then someone asks him "do you think your better than other guitarists?"

He said, it's not about being better, it about the music, it's about being happy...

I swore I heard "for no reason"... but it must have been in my head

So I decided to just play, and not practice.

Best music I ever played.

Here there be magick. All that to say I think your video here points that all out rather eloquently...

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 07 November 2016 - 08:45 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,656 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:41 PM

It is hard to beat being when that doer takes a break.  Fuck you, doer, you're out of the fuckin' band!  

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!