306 replies to this topic

#201 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

For certain we are all immersed in very significant LF to ELF magnetic fields cause by our power grids and home distribution via the wiring already. Cell phones and wi-fi are way at the opposite end of the spectrum in the microwave range.

AC fields produced by our electric systems 60Hz here, 50Hz most everywhere else, and phones, wi-fi, and other devices, change polarity with the frequency of the sinusoidal/periodic wave. So it's a vibrational kind of effect on materials that are magnetically active (Magnetic susceptibility).

DC fields, and those from permanent magnets will be static in nature with fixed field polarity and will produce a pulling distortion effect on materials that are magnetically active (Magnetic susceptibility)

Is it any surprise that the government website in question is a piece of shit for the folks that pay to have it? I can't stand those fuckers!

• Microbe likes this

#202 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,612 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

My new very used AO Stereoscope arrived today. Some heavy corrosion but this thing is solid and heavily constructed and surprisingly the optics appear to be free of any scratches or cracks. Im excited about it and cant wait to use it, it has a slight antique look to it but this is going to be bad ass looking at cultures and gills!

8d768262639efe6082cc01d413d8aeef.jpg

66d76b3fda921b9c37650958c2602646.jpg
  • Arathu, Needles, peacefrog and 1 other like this

#203 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

I'm a surplus freak! Good grab man!

A

• Microbe and peacefrog like this

#204 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,442 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Nice find, bro. I like the way you think.
  • Microbe likes this

#205 Needles

Needles

locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Awesome score on the AO... You will love the zoom knob and the way it works for seeing that first bit of mycelium recovering from transfers...
  • Microbe likes this

#206 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,612 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

Awesome score on the AO... You will love the zoom knob and the way it works for seeing that first bit of mycelium recovering from transfers...

Thanks for the look at this on ebay link ;)
  • Needles likes this

#207 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

cat_microscope.jpg

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein

• Microbe likes this

#208 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,612 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

This grain is almost 8 weeks old. Still clean and hydrated, i wrapped in shrink wrap and left at room temp in a cabinet. I will inoculate it tonight or tomorrow and see how it goes. If this works, one could prep and prepare 50 4 ounce or 8 ounce mason jars and have on demand, grain for glc or test jars. For this to work you would need to have a great filter design.

8cb2b94a682dd60e0a68871890793d71.jpg

Spawn bag hack:

I have been having problems with my lids popping off since i started using silicone gaskets and is a result of some improperly placed SHIPS so i figured i will toss them in a spawn bag. No foil needed and the bag can be used over and over assuming you dont impulse seal it. 24 hours later and it is still under vacuum. Perhaps this would be a successful method to keep steralized grain for weeks or even months. None the less this beats using foil IMO.

I also sterilize small 4 and 8 ounce jars i depleted, sharps, syringes, scalpels, and other utensils in spawn bags. I keep one by my flow hood and i toss everything in there once done and then when it gets about 3/4 full or until i run out of stainless to work which hasnt happened yet because i have tons.

7fe79b8f450a0ee7b75f5c8138c1685e.jpg

ab37881d279b6a2c973b5f13240f77a8.jpg

Just keeping it random ;)

Edited by Microbe, 09 April 2017 - 12:26 PM.

• Arathu, Needles, peacefrog and 1 other like this

#209 Needles

Needles

locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

Very cool idea, PCing jars in a filterpatch bag. I bet they would have a very extended shelf life.
  • peacefrog likes this

#210 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

Wow....the collective brain at Mycotopia freaks me out!

Excellent work...........I gotta get some bags. I still use the canning jars I've invested in to date but I can some of those lids in my future.

Sweet, man! Just fucking sweet!

A

• peacefrog likes this

#211 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,612 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

I thought i would try out some tea balls, didnt work like i thought they would but it did keep all the twigs, tiny gravel, and etc out of my emulsion. The manure just kind of fail apart but im certain i can use these for something. Counterproductive as i run through double layer cheesecloth anyway.

8476790ecac1af83333ab8ccd78eeeb7.jpg

94301cd5a6225d8ed0c56ce2a7bd033e.jpg

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

Anyone want to guess what this is? My garage now has booby traps everywhere and this fucker is dead! You can shit on my floor, in boxes, hell even in my food cabinets, but you dont fucking shit on my flow bench!

33c2c1ba22e653664b825b041cb6a12f.jpg

a0edc33f627004428282f5a08ba5a653.jpg

Edit: after simmering my nutrient solution, i decided that these tea balls are effective if you use CCM like i do. That crap would have clogged up my cheesecloth, i hate slow drains!

d851a59c96ee71b47f3efa59f8d17736.jpg

Edited by Microbe, 10 April 2017 - 01:22 PM.

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#212 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

IS nothing sacred anymore?

On the flow bench????............oh my but it's gone too far!

SNAP!

A

#213 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

With the jar lids popping off, just don't screw them on as tight and let the heat up and cool off happen slower to give the jars longer to pressurize and de-pressurize. Same thing happened to me when I started using the good rings. Bigger vents help too.

#214 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,612 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:42 PM

There..... is.... a.... flow .....bench... and..... a..... flow hood....i ......dont..... use..... improper...... terminology..... because..... its.... the....normal...for....all.....you.....old......timers.....

Also my lids pop off because i placed the SHIPS in the wrong place, (AS I ALREADY STATED) i have no problems with my plastic lids with silicone rings cranked the fuck down on my other jars.

A

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

#215 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,612 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

Im out

• johnwayne1357 likes this

#216 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,612 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

Sorry for acting like a bitch. My switch was flipped and i just so happens i took it out those cool kats ^ because of my own issues i have going on. I have a loved one in the hospital with half their fucking skull removed and dealing with everything that comes along with this. It so happens that i am automatically defaulted power of attorney because im the only family member in the state.

Was supposed to meet with a investor last week to discuss funding start up costs for a small scale edible mushroom farm, of course there will be a agreed upon ROI is will far exceed interest on standard loans but i can pay based on financial performance versus a set pay schedule. This person will be a silent partner until paid back in full + the agreed upon ROI. This will be on hold for months and probably years.

Dealing with a Tramatic Brain Injury is no joke and being in Fire and EMS, i have seen the initial injury at the scene. When you see the secondary injuries, and especially when it is a loved one, it really shows you just how severe and quick a life can be changed, even from a simple rear end motor vehicle collision that this person was able to drive away from.

It happens so quick and even though i have hope, im certain the severity of the TBI will leave this person with permanent moderate to severe deficiencies or disabilities.

I am sorry for acting like a bitch, i just took everything the wrong way.

More bad news, mouse has not been captured. When i do capture him i am going to torture him until he tells me where is clan is hanging out.

Good news, no mouse feces on my flow bench ;)

• Arathu likes this

#217 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

I almost answered too....and my inner senses said..............WAIT..........something's wrong...............

Sending good vibes man..............sorry to hear of the troubles and trauma..

But I am getting old so you nailed that.........hahahahaha :hug:

I pray for the best.....and wish you well Microbe

A

• Microbe and tailsmcsnails like this

#218 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,612 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

I almost answered too....and my inner senses said..............WAIT..........something's wrong...............

Sending good vibes man..............sorry to hear of the troubles and trauma..

But I am getting old so you nailed that.........hahahahaha :hug:

I pray for the best.....and wish you well Microbe

A

Thank you very much. In my 4 years or so here i can count on 1 hand how many times i behaved in a way not neccasarry. I felt ashamed and i again im sorry and i too am getting old. It sneaks up on you yes?!

Good news:

eab6d96b386a84dc3426168f3faa424a.jpg

Edited by Microbe, 11 April 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#219 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,442 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

Damn my heart goes out to you, Microbe.

My wife's mother is in very similar circumstances after a horrible brain surgery to remove a benign tumor. It's really hard to deal with, that I know for sure. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, bro.
  • Microbe likes this

#220 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 431 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

So sorry to hear this. I have only known you a short time but even I knew something bad was up :-(. Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • Microbe likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!