Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Salvia Divinorum

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,464 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:14 PM

Wow, panaho! Sounds frightening!

The scariest encounter I had with 6x salvia was the first time I tried it. I thought I'd just wasted money on bunk shit, but then I felt this rhythmic pulling sensation on the entire left part of my body, and I looked into the blustery, cold, March evening sky, very clear mind you, to see a giant black hole, for lack of a better description, opening up in the heavens, and, to my dismay, I saw the left part of my body begin to fragment and 'digitize', being pulled up into that swirling vortex of the unknown.

Apart from that it was a short-lived, adventurous experience and nothing really bad happened, apart of course from walking into the house when I thought it was empty to see my younger sister locking face with some strange guy with bright lights and music blazing.

I'm a trooper.

My other salvia experiences were brief, only occasional (I think I only had a maximum of 4), and I felt OK with them.

I think, one day, when the weather is more accommodating, I'd love to try to grow another salvia vine, just to care for the plant. I've actually started to keep a few small house plants around lately. I've got a small succulent plant that's thriving in a small shotglass with a bit of sand and topsoil above it on a windowsill.

I've also got a glass beer mug with some gravel on the bottom, top soil, and a layer of dried moss that is home to a wonderful little plant called "Juanita".

I also took some fallen tree branches, cut them to a mostly even length, tied them together with flower wire, attached some semi-dried moss to it to make a little nest of sorts in the front of it, again attached with more flower wire, and I put a little spider plant on there. I've got it hanging up somewhere. I just occasionally mist it and give it indirect light.

It's really comforting to have some living little plant friends hanging around. Sometimes I'll just look at them and relax.

• Coopdog and Heirloom like this

#22 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:18 AM

You should put your little living friends in some containers with drainage my friend. They will love you for it!

• niemandgeist likes this

#23 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,979 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

I am glad to see people growing Salvia and sharing it. Some people grow plants with no intention of using them just another plant in their medical / psychedelic / teacher plant collection.

I think if I was ever to try Salvia I would go with the traditional route like the Indians in Mexico. I hear they don't smoke it though.
I do wonder if there is any place in the US that Salvia could be planted outdoors and thrive , spreading by the plant getting big enough to fall over and clone its self naturally.

I watched the video of a couple doing it and the guy fell out of a second story window. I would suggest to anyone smoking it to have a trip sitter and a very safe environment be useful to video the experience so the one who try's it can review it later.

• wharfrat, niemandgeist, Opalguy and 1 other like this

#24 mycologist799

mycologist799

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:04 PM

Ill be posting new pictures in a few days now that those cuttings have fully rooted. One note from the comments I read. any time you try any psychedelic substance capable of reaching level 3 or greater (Salvia can easily reach level 5 even in moderate dosing) Always, Always have a sitter to look out for you.

• Heirloom likes this

#25 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,614 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

images (5).jpg

#26 mycologist799

mycologist799

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Definitely becoming a happy plant. Of the few different potting mixes I have tried with these cuttings the miracle grow seed starting mix along with 25% perlite has produced the best results so far for me. They don't really like the cold weather though. Anything below 60 degrees and they start getting brown spots on the leaves.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20161125_152507.jpg

• Skywatcher, Heirloom , niemandgeist and 2 others like this

#27 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,614 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

Beautiful work man! A beautiful plant too. It has a certain subtle "alien-ness" to it.
  • mycologist799 likes this

#28 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,464 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

Definitely becoming a happy plant. Of the few different potting mixes I have tried with these cuttings the miracle grow seed starting mix along with 25% perlite has produced the best results so far for me. They don't really like the cold weather though. Anything below 60 degrees and they start getting brown spots on the leaves.

That's a beautiful example of what a bushier, pruned/picked/trained Salvia divinorum vine would end up looking like, instead of it growing super long and unmanageable. Too bad that, when I had my cuttings, I didn't know about that. Had I just slowly trained it to grow outward instead of constantly upward I might have kept it alive much longer.

I'm very happy to see that your plant is doing well!

• mycologist799 likes this

#29 mycologist799

mycologist799

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:03 PM

Haha, So I was bored today and my freshly rooted cuttings were ready to come out of the humidity chambers. They have been suffering a bit because of cold temps in my attic which is where I was growing them. I am currently doing the initial cycling on a couple saltwater reef tanks and thought they would look and be happier downstairs. Not to mention once they fill out a bit it will be a really nice place to hang out when it's cold outside. This is set up in my kitchen. I can't wait to see these fill out into a beautiful canopy surrounding my tanks.

There are nine plants surrounding the tank on three sides. The overhead light is a 400watt metal 5500k bulb. I plan to replace it with a 7500k bulb shortly. It should make everything have a beautiful summer sun look.

Attached Thumbnails

• tanks.jpg

Edited by mycologist799, 01 December 2016 - 10:06 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and niemandgeist like this

#30 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,464 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

I wish you continued success. Looks like all is going very well.

Would you say that keeping your cuttings healthy takes up an awful lot of time and requires much maintenance, or is it something where, once you understand what needs to be done, it simply becomes part of your daily routine and isn't difficult to keep going?

#31 JanSteen

JanSteen

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:59 AM

The concave shape of the leafs implies they have been fed a little too much nitrogen. I like the aquarium setting, nice!

#32 mycologist799

mycologist799

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:15 PM

I have found that the best thing is to do less, Create a good environment then get out of the way. The more I try to complicate it the worse the results. The leaf shape changed when it got cold in the house. Keeping the plants above 60 degrees is important. I have not fed any of them since I rooted them. It still seems that the best substrate is the miracle seed starting mix with 25% perlite added.

• niemandgeist likes this

#33 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,614 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

This...
b9d91ac66d596252dc4d61b3cb7a77e9.jpg

#34 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 423 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

I've always thought I'd like to try salvia. Not much of it happens in my neck of the woods.

Reading some of these reports makes it sound like PCP or something. Except for the physiological inability to feel pain...

#35 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,614 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

I don't think that is a fair comparison to be sure.  Yes, you can argue about the fact that the body may be "disconnected" from the mind, but I can describe sleep in that manner. 

The way it seems to me is, that LSD, Psilocybin, DMT, etc. take you to the further reaches of consciousness.  Sally-D takes you to the minds "universal connection bus" and then pulls the bus-card out and shows you the "raw feed" if you will.

#36 Opalguy

Opalguy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Donator

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

If anyone has rooted cutting or cuttings they want to discuss a trade for, I would be really interested. I would like a couple in my garden to see just how big I can get them in my sunny raised beds.

Let me know, I really would like to play more with salvia in its un-extract state. I want to see it flower and maybe make some seeds....although I know seeds are really difficult to both make and grow. I am up for it.

Panaho, every thing is not for every one. I feel for you, but now you know that salvia is not a thing that works in you. For some of us it is really a learning experience, and enjoyed responsibly it is not unduly risky.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!